S18 Trolley Handle Function

supersaint63

Hi there,

I've had an S18 for a week or so.... was running 2.06 of the firmware and have updated it to 2.07 using the soft tuner app. Either version gives the same results.

I've been having trouble with the trolley handle and not sure if there is a fault or I'm just not getting something!

If I lift the handle slightly so it clicks into the carrying position and then lift the wheel whilst it is still switched on it immediately starts accelerating fast and beeping. My understanding was that the wheel should just rotate very slowly.

If I extend the handle fully it pushes fine in trolley mode but if it gets lifted off the floor or goes over a bump the same things happens with the wheel trying to spin really fast.

Anyone see this / know how to resolve?   I could try rolling back to an earlier firmware version and see if it does the same thing.

Thanks!

Hi there. I had the same problem with my 16s. About half the time the lift cutout worked. When it would spin up, I had to grab the foot pedal hinge, tilt it sideways til it stopped, then quickly get the wheel on the ground.

Then last Saturday I just set it down whist spinning full on, and burned a chip out on the board. $200.00 mistake.

Best,

Let’s start at the beginning. The wheel is on and balancing. The handle is all the way down. You lift the handle into the carry position. ( ? About 2 inches up? )The handle pops into position. - At this point the wheel should beep. ( two beeps I think) This says to the user,” Hay buddy, I am ready to be lifted.” Are you getting the beep? If not the wheel is not ready. Lifting too soon sets the wheel off to a balancing race. 

Hi - Yes.  Wheel is on and balancing, I lift it into the 2 inches up position and..... NO BEEPs.    It does beep when I extend it up to trolley pushing mode.  

I've mucked about a bit and cannot seem to get it to beep when moving the handle into carry position.  

Any idea?

I just got my wheel out. Correction- one beep. 
I would think that the problem is one of the following and you already checked most of them. 
1 ) software? No, I think they all have lift. 
2) lift turned off ? Maybe not saved? Save and restart wheel?

3) The actual lift switch is not activating or is bad. 

Are both sides of the Handle locking in? ( right and left) 

Thanks....  Is there any kind of hard reset and start again thing with the software? Other than just upgrading the firmware or switching on and off? 

I'll go and have a play with it and see if I can work anything out.  (i have already fiddled quite a bit and the handle is clicking in properly, left and right so maybe some sort of reboot required.

• 2 weeks later...

Could be the problem. If not you will have an extra board. :thumbup: The 3 things that you need to work are 1) a signal ( lift switch) 2) an input to receive the signal ( the board) 3) software ( interpret the signal and respond) 

Thanks 

The KS engineer wanted pictures of a particular area of the board - which I sent (they should defo make it easier to get to the board!)  - and their solution was to send out a new board.  It’s under warranty with Speedy Feet in the UK so will get them to sort it :)

safe to ride, so they say, so just need to remember to switch it off before lifting it!

I am happy to hear that they are taking of you. I am still on 2.06 with my S18 and it is working fine... didn't even know they had a 2.07 out... need to look into it and see what enhancements they have implemented.

I do NOT like the behavior of the lift handle with 2.06 firmware though, I preferred the 2.05.. but I have learned to live with the 2.06.

• 8 months later...

I just recently replaced the control board on my s18 and the lift sensor does not work now.

Some questions;

Did the replacement board help?

Do you still remember what area they asked you to take a picture of and if you have that picture?

Any other outcome info you could share.

Thanks!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...