KS S18 beep volume

Ubute

I recently bought an S18 to tackle the rougher bush trails near where I live. My legs turn to jelly very quickly on the V8F but the S18 just glides over the stony surface. I'm not a speed freak and hardly ever hit the 25km/hr beeps on the V8F but the other day on the S18 I suddenly became aware that it was beeping too. It was still set on the beginners 20km/hr which was ok, but the beeps were so quiet I could hardly hear them in my helmet. How do you turn up the volume? Where are the beeps coming from if there's no speaker?

I'm pretty certain there's a separate piezo beeper thing in there, there's no way to adjust the beeper volume. You could also try EUC World or DarknessBot — they can send alarm sounds to a bluetooth speaker/earbuds and vibrate in your pocket. 

Edited by Tawpie
no speaker in the S18... ? it can't yell at you without a speaker

It has the tiniest little beeper that dangles off the underside of the board.  Its beeping as loud as its little button sized body allows.

Edited by pkinpdx

• 3 weeks later...

I do love the 5 beeps that I assume darkness bot is causing it to do whenever I get close. Also to give me phantom beeping in my head when i am riding - because its so quiet that I can only hear it when I am going slow. So when the battery is low I guess.