Monster Pro (latest firmware) thoughts from a long-time Veteran Sherman owner

@Ben Kim LOL, good writeup, but I still doubt your soft mode claims because you've said in the past on many a Telegram that the Vet soft has too much dip, and I look for MORE DIP / SWING, so our definitions I think are different.

But who knows, @chulander will be able to gauge for me, since his riding dynamics are just about the same as mine, free-swinging soft mode all-day every-day.

I'm past the newb phase of trying to buy-to-try every new wheel, because going through that phase, I've learned there will be more new wheels. I'd rather not deal with the the pains of rusty hollow bore motors ON TOP of the usual small maintenance stuff involved with EUC (the claims of Gotway fixing this are too early, as evidenced all the 24Pro buyers JUST getting their wheels). And the lack of a good, long stock seat for a wheel that should have one makes such a big wheel pointless, because seated riding is a major advantage of big wheels, and for seated, I'm constantly sliding up and down the seat for leverage. At least on the Vet, they adopted a flat top so you can ride bare, whereas the Gotways always have a sloped upper handle-area design, and trying to sit/slide on that bare is a bit of nut-buster *smh.

So it looks like with this glowing 24Pro review, you almost Have to sell your fat Vet now, since you're only gonna keep one? :lol:

Edited by houseofjob

13 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

@Ben Kim LOL, good writeup, but I still doubt your soft mode claims because you've said in the past on many a Telegram that the Vet soft has too much dip, and I look for MORE DIP / SWING, so our definitions I think are different.

But who knows, @chulander will be able to gauge for me, since his riding dynamics are just about the same as mine, free-swinging soft mode all-day every-day.

I'm past the newb phase of trying to buy-to-try every new wheel, because going through that phase, I've learned there will be more new wheels. I'd rather not deal with the the pains of rusty hollow bore motors ON TOP of the usual small maintenance stuff involved with EUC (the claims of Gotway fixing this are too early, as evidenced all the 24Pro buyers JUST getting their wheels). And the lack of a good, long stock seat for a wheel that should have one makes such a big wheel pointless, because seated riding is a major advantage of big wheels, and for seated, I'm constantly sliding up and down the seat for leverage. At least on the Vet, they adopted a flat top so you can ride bare, whereas the Gotways always have a sloped upper handle-area design, and trying to sit/slide on that bare is a bit of nut-buster *smh.

So it looks like with this glowing 24Pro review, you almost Have to sell your fat Vet now, since you're only gonna keep one? :lol:

It rides much improved from that demo rhino we tried, BUT keep in mind i do deal with stairs, a lot of them. House life no elevator, with that said, I would say your prediction of me selling the Shemale would likely be wrong!

Also, it doesn’t appear Gotway is going to stop spamming new hollow bore motors anytime soon, so eventually you’re going to have to deal with one. 

Edited by Ben Kim

1 minute ago, Ben Kim said:

It rides much improved from that demo rhino we tried, BUT keep in mind i do deal with stairs, a lot of them. House life no elevator, with that said, I would say your prediction of me selling the Shemale would likely be wrong!

Awww yeah, so you gonna sell the amazing 24Pro then!

22 minutes ago, Ben Kim said:

mostly due to the stairs, not because I dislike it (I don’t) 

Keep both, problem solved !  ;)

Edited by Mrd777

7 hours ago, Ben Kim said:

I must say, the ride feel was significantly improved from that demo wheel we rode a few months ago!  

had the same impression when i tried it, and this is related to all new gw firmware ;)

good review

[ if you try latest EX firmware is way more soft than M24pro for example ]

28 minutes ago, Ben Kim said:

Says the jersey/elevator building boy! 🤣

Wrong again!

Just step up that Beat Saber time and you can keep Big Bertha, just think of it as extra gym time :lol::lol: Besides, you said it yourself many times, you don't even ride these heffer wheels like that, you ride whatever compact you have way more. ;)

2 hours ago, houseofjob said:

Wrong again!

Just step up that Beat Saber time and you can keep Big Bertha, just think of it as extra gym time :lol::lol: Besides, you said it yourself many times, you don't even ride these heffer wheels like that, you ride whatever compact you have way more. ;)

big bertha is making my forearms sore.  can’t beat saber if i can’t use my forearms! (Yes I do use my MCM5 the most)