We need a theft forum

1 hour ago, GothamMike said:

So people can be on the lookout (BOTL) for a stolen EUC.

Model, color, serial number, unique characteristics etc.

One could try with a pinned topic in the sales subforum were victims can list their EUCs?!

Afair here were luckily not too many wheels reported stolen?

Personally i'd think about publicly announcing my wheel as stolen - imo i'd look in sales sites for it and try to find it? But honestly i did not spent too much thoughts on this topic...

Let's collect some opinions/arguments!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chriull said:

One could try with a pinned topic in the sales subforum were victims can list their EUCs?!

Afair here were luckily not too many wheels reported stolen?

Personally i'd think about publicly announcing my wheel as stolen - imo i'd look in sales sites for it and try to find it? But honestly i did not spent too much thoughts on this topic...

Let's collect some opinions/arguments!

Maybe a pinned topic in General so everyone will see it.

We need a place for the vendors to check when people order a new charger. They can check the serial number to ensure it is not stolen. Make it easy so nobody complains.

4 hours ago, GothamMike said:

We need a place for the vendors to check when people order a new charger. They can check the serial number to ensure it is not stolen. Make it easy so nobody complains.

I understand your intentions. It makes sense that a stolen wheel will need a charger but..............  I don’t think that doing a background check on chargers is the answer. 

I am all for the stolen wheel section though. Back years ago many places in Florida had places in local newspapers for stolen bicycles. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I've been thinking about this topic more recently in light of the other thread I posted. I don't believe that a BOTL tactic is practical, I think instead that this is a problem that can be more readily tackled by incorporation of tracking technologies that currently exist. The topic in that case then becomes one of how to go about it. On that front I not yet gathered the details to present, I'm just aware of their existence.

• 2 months later...