Power sliding is like dynamite on an EUC because...

UniGrad

Hey guys it's great to be back.

When you power slide or drift on an EUC it is very different to doing it on a multi wheeled vehicle like a bike or a car and the results are explosive. The main reason is that ALL of the vehicle and rider weight is on 1 wheel. The 1 wheel that's sliding........and tearing into the ground with ferocity.

Let's take a bicycle for example. When someone drifts on that most of the weight is on the front wheel and just a tiny bit of weight on the rear wheel. This is partly due to the weight shift that occurs during braking. You know how vehicles tilt forward when you brake and nearly all of the weight moves to the front. The result is that the slide is much weaker at any given speed.

One of the magic things about an EUC is that in order to brake you actually have to lean back first. So that weight shift is negated. Not that it's relevant because there's only 1 wheel anyway so there's nowhere for that weight to go. Actually this is the exact reason why we MUST lean backward in order to decelerate without falling forwards off the wheel. And vice versa for acceleration.

Anyway getting back to the main topic, when the EUC goes into a fast powerslide it does so with such violence and it looks awesome. Like an explosion went off or something. Shooting 1000 rocks into the air and leaving dust everywhere. In the video you'll see what I mean.

There's lots of comprehensive videos on my channel if you're interested and plenty of drifting with the Sherman and 16x. The channel is "Arc Rides". I've left a link to a vid that shows some good slides at the beginning. The good ones start at the 40 second mark. Note that it then follows on to the main video showing some CRAZY issues I had with my KS16x. Long story short, it became a jackhammer :facepalm:

• Like 3

On 4/27/2021 at 8:59 PM, macgyvercanada said:

Nice that's awesome footage!  I just did my first little powerslides last weekend!

Thanks and keep at it. What EUC do you have?

On 4/27/2021 at 8:59 PM, macgyvercanada said:

Nice that's awesome footage!  I just did my first little powerslides last weekend!

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/30/2021 at 2:29 PM, UniGrad said:

I'm on a V8F that I'm riding to its limits.  Looking forward to getting a new wheel with more punch.  I've been hopeful that the V12 will be a good option but I saw the prototype reviewed on Wrong Way and it didn't do awesome on hill climbs.  I wish that Veteran would develop a "Sherman Lite"