NB EXn (C38)

gon2fast

This is a new take, going to post on a partially paid for wheel, which I am still hesitant about.

From my experiences with the Monster V2 and Sherman I have become quite fond of heavy wheels. Very predictable and comfortable. Anyway, I love my Sherman, but the low pedals/RB bite me all of the time. EXn seems to have similar top end performance with added torque and high pedals.

Sounds good to me and other riders are deeming this wheel to be one of the best GW creations to date.

Going to get one once the eWheels QA/QC is applied and it seems to be coming soon! 

Edited by gon2fast
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, gon2fast said:

Sounds good to me and other riders are deeming this wheel to be one of the best GW creations to date.

Going to get one once the eWheels QA/QC is applied and it seems to be coming soon! 

I like that beefy tire on the EX and EXn. I am a bit hesitant about that high psi suspension, maybe it's okay, so favoring the EXn for now. But I keep coming back to that bigger motor on the EX, and I do like suspension. Decisions ... :confused1:  Looking forward to the Speedy Feet 1000 km EX review. I'm a slow poke, so the 35 mph EX is plenty fast for me; lots of headroom.

I am just as curious about the V12 and can't wait for some good YouTube reviews. Being a 16 inch, 2500 watt wheel, it seems like it should do well on overheat hill. It has some nice specs for a heavier rider.

I am also dreaming about the Zero SRF electric motorcycle which fits my bill for a couple hours of easy wind therapy when needed. If I manage to avoid buying one, then one of the EX wheels would be a nice alternate.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

after much debate I finally paid the balance. I am excited for a more aggressive heavy weight wheel. 

I had one of the electric street bikes blow past me on a freeway onramp and thought that was my next hobby until the price tag came into play. EUCs are fitting the gap just fine LOL.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2021 at 8:22 PM, gon2fast said:

Wife bought me a new helmet! 

helmet.jpg

Just FYI, you’ll maybe want to find another way to hang your helmet. Compressing the foam is what keeps your skull safe in a crash, and a metal bar on the inside like that can compress the foam over time. Same reasoning why they don’t want you hanging em on motorcycle handlebars or mirrors.

Nice helmet! I’m tempted to put a deposit down on an exn myself!

Edited by Denny Paul

On 5/16/2021 at 12:28 AM, ShanesPlanet said:

Oh crap. Hopefully you have a backup to your backup?

Yes Sir, still have 4 functional wheels... and get the Tesla back Saturday morning. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gon2fast said:

Good to know about the helmet, will share with my better half for sure. I leave them on the dryer. My wife then moves them to random spots like the rusty curl bar LOL.

Don't worry much about it, if you hang from handlebars or mirror from the chin portion of a full face. Not much foam at the chin section. Decades of hanging off bars thru the visor, hasnt hurt mine yet. Leaving sitting on a seat to be knocked to the ground sucks tho.  He's right tho, storing it like a head on a spike, may not be the best idea. Under a trolley handle is where I set mine on the euc. Of course, then I have to find a place to store it while I go ride..:D

Of COURSE you have spare wheels. What respectable eucaholic doesnt? I won't insert any worrisome comment about the gotway otw. lol

Edited by ShanesPlanet

5 hours ago, gon2fast said:

Potentially/most likely switching to an updated EX and dumping the V11.

Do you happen to have some sort of source for "updated EX"?

7 hours ago, Rawnei said:

Do you happen to have some sort of source for "updated EX"?

I received a communication from Begode that was sent to resellers stating that bearing and suspension upgrades were pushing out delivery times for the EX. 

Also, Zen Lee released a V12/EX video this week where he makes comments about batch 2 EXs having more ground clearance for the suspension rods.

Black control board as well. 

• Like 2

Can someone delete the "n" off of the title... LOL.

EX version 2 purchased instead. In light of some self reflection with the current rash of mishaps and general need to assess risk of this hobby I came to the conclusion that I do not need to go fast. 30/40/50+ go for it, but I am going to scale it back and try to top out at 20-25 in the streets. Off-road I crawl so it is not an issue there.

That said, the 3500W motor tuned for torque with the improvements to the suspension is exactly what I want. In addition it should have the new bearing solution (finger's crossed) and the black board. Aftermarket pedals have been requested as well.

I am going to be the crash test dummy, please send flowers to the yet confirmed trauma center, LOL.

Edited by gon2fast
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, gon2fast said:

Can someone delete the "n" off of the title... LOL.

EX version 2 purchased instead. In light of some self reflection with the current rash of mishaps and general need to assess risk of this hobby I came to the conclusion that I do not need to go fast. 30/40/50+ go for it, but I am going to scale it back and try to top out at 20-25 in the streets. Off-road I crawl so it is not an issue there.

That said, the 3500W motor tuned for torque with the improvements to the suspension is exactly what I want. In addition it should have the new bearing solution (finger's crossed) and the black board. Aftermarket pedals have been requested as well.

I am going to be the crash test dummy, please send flowers to the yet confirmed trauma center, LOL.

Im pretty sure YOU can. Just edit your first posting?

I have pondered the same thing. Is my thirst for speed a good one to have for the EUC? I have much safer and more capable vehicles for that flavor. Lots of fun to be had at below 30mph and thats still injury speeds. Whenever I sit and ponder such rational things, I try to go do something else to take my mind off such evil dwellings.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

• gon2fast changed the title to NB EX

Ask for a little help around here and see what you get! Thanks ShanesPlanet. Still slowing down though, I live around a lot cars and bad drivers. Plus there is my own irresponsible behavior that has to be taken into consideration.

Edited by gon2fast

7 minutes ago, gon2fast said:

Ask for a little help around here and see what you get! Thanks ShanesPlanet. Still slowing down though, I live around a lot cars and bad drivers. Plus there is my own irresponsible behavior that has to be taken into consideration.

Mirroring my exact reason for selling down to one motorcycle. Traffic increased, driver awareness decreased. I didnt want to get run over simply leavnig my neighborhood on the sport bike, only to fight gridlock everywhere else. Then add that they aint playing around with speeding and bikes so much in my area. You could simply murder someone and get off with less than if caught "street racing'. So, I'm down to a simple supermoto. Of course.... I went and began riding an euc. Sometimes the core of my being sneaks around my logic and the end result is basically the same. You should go paragliding. Im pretty sure thats epic in your area and not much rules yet...:ph34r:

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

On 5/29/2021 at 12:46 AM, gon2fast said:

EX version 2 purchased instead. .......

Hopefully there will be no need for flowers! :efef3d5527:

Will you be receiving the wheel soon? I am having the same thoughts as you [except for the crash test dummy part] and anxiously await your opinion of the wheel. :efefd0f676:

I do not expect to see the wheel until at least late July (most likely later) given the information that has been shared concerning development and testing. I would expect to see some beta testing units in the field in the next 30-45 days. These timelines are all speculation based on the bits of information I have received so don't quote me LOL.

Heck, last week GW stated that they were not making the EX now because of high material costs so who really knows...

I can confirm that eWheels has a shipment of EX v2s reserved/being built and they are not all accounted for yet. They are also trying to get the aftermarket pedals included in the eWheels build, but I would not hold my breath for that upgrade considering they have had to improve almost all other aspects of the wheel.

Dang, I came to this thread hoping there was some surprise announcement about a Ninebot EX but it's just Begode. Bah humbug :efee565ab0: I did like the drone video at the track, though all the monologuing made me drowsy.

On 5/30/2021 at 4:43 PM, gon2fast said:

I can confirm that eWheels has a shipment of EX v2s reserved/being built and they are not all accounted for yet. They are also trying to get the aftermarket pedals included in the eWheels build, but I would not hold my breath for that upgrade considering they have had to improve almost all other aspects of the wheel.

Interesting ... very interesting ... hmmm ... dream program activated! :D

• gon2fast changed the title to NB EXn (C38)