Need help in installing controller and battery packs for KS 14D

Hi all, 

I have ordered 14D controller and the battery packs from ewheels. But when I try to install, the motor is not getting engaged. The controller is beeping. Also I checked the motor connection cables several times. 

Attaching the video regarding the same. Any help is highly appreciated.

Adding another video....

Hey all! 

That problem has been solved by updating the firmware through softtuner and updating the serial number. But another problem that I have run into is that the batteries are not getting charged.... 

The charger light just shows red and then goes green forever. 

The DarknessBot app is showing 34% battery with 55.62V. 

What could be the problem? please let me know. 

Attaching the darknessbot screenshots.  I have configured the battery capacity as 210WH. 

0?ui=2&ik=cc6e9af7ab&attid=0.3&permmsgid=msg-a:r5460496877452395008&th=1790735d5e426be6&view=fimg&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ9NOO5tVQKoOGtYjMXkD6lq01kmIbAS4icfQ7eocQUbMC1G1eeuaOxmf3LQUdv3EIR8WxwhQebQX0O9-GNk3avpbJFJhwpl2YflDGaeYGmss7Nfv2W83FUmlJY&disp=emb&realattid=17907359c6a1d59b7601
0?ui=2&ik=cc6e9af7ab&attid=0.4&permmsgid=msg-a:r5460496877452395008&th=1790735d5e426be6&view=fimg&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ8_jWhtNi2_m4wCiwALIO9CB-WDp2LJk7tIDn7w5bjPKyIUUtFjpPlG1ROEwgh0zK7J3HmVk4PixeNPJlLsmofKpKd5kQr614xZLdYyWyG3K5ILmyiBkg3BXJE&disp=emb&realattid=1790735b6371d59b7602

chk the batt lvl with a dmm - is the voltage same as reported by app? chk volts served by chrger.

u sure batt is 210Wh?

run the ks diagnostic in app. 

hv u contacted ewheels abt this?

wt lead u to replace batt and controller?

Edited by redsnapper
  • Like 1

u sure batt is 210Wh? - Yes saw the ratings on the battery pack

run the ks diagnostic in app. - yes, it shows everything fine

hv u contacted ewheels abt this? - yes, as this is a weekend, there was some delay from them.

wt lead u to replace batt and controller? - long story short. My previous controller was of some 16C. Had only one battery pack which was of 160wh. One sudden day the euc doesnot start up or doesn't even charge. So thought of upgrading both of them.

4 hours ago, Yeshwanth Akurathi said:

Hey all! 

That problem has been solved by updating the firmware through softtuner and updating the serial number.

Grea! They also know about this battery problem?

But another problem that I have run into is that the batteries are not getting charged.... 

The charger light just shows red and then goes green forever. 

You have everything connected the right way? Ewheels should know how to do which connectection.

As it seems the charger delivers voltage, the battery gets "a bit" (red led) but hen its cut off (green led).

Don't have any idea of the actual wiring, connections and "logic" involved...

5 hours ago, Yeshwanth Akurathi said:

What could be the problem? please let me know. 

Quite everything in rwgard to wiring, connections and some maybe (or not) existing logic connections?

Afair/see the KS14D has only one battery pack and wiring exists only from charge port to battery and from battery to motherboard? And each connection just two wires?

So leaving the charger as next possibly at fault. Just not working properly?

Or the battery and/or their bms beeing bad...

Should be about the problems possibly hindering from charging - now it's on you to analyze, ?measure? and deduct what could go on... Or ewheels should get this quite wo problems...

Attaching the darknessbot screenshots.  I have configured the battery capacity as 210WH. 

The pictures are not visible, but imho won't give a hint?!

5 minutes ago, Yeshwanth Akurathi said:

long story short. My previous controller was of some 16C. Had only one battery pack which was of 160wh. One sudden day the euc doesnot start up or doesn't even charge. So thought of upgrading both of them.

So you have two "systems"/eucs? With "compatible" parts - so you can swap chargers and batteries and look what's causing the problem!?

2 minutes ago, Chriull said:

Grea! They also know about this battery problem?

Yes. I Have emailed them. I am still waiting for their inputs.

3 minutes ago, Chriull said:

You have everything connected the right way?

Yes. I have clicked the photo of the previous control board and did attach all the cables in the very same way....

5 minutes ago, Chriull said:

Afair/see the KS14D has only one battery pack and wiring exists only from charge port to battery and from battery to motherboard? And each connection just two wires?

I think the charging port is connected to controller and then through controller, the battery gets charged. Cause the battery has only one connection with the controller.

7 minutes ago, Chriull said:

Should be about the problems possibly hindering from charging - now it's on you to analyze, ?measure? and deduct what could go on... Or ewheels should get this quite wo problems...

Yeah I am hoping the ewheels would somehow help me. Cause I am in India where there is literally no support I can get....

5 minutes ago, Chriull said:

So you have two "systems"/eucs? With "compatible" parts - so you can swap chargers and batteries and look what's causing the problem!?

I have one spoiled battery pack. the new battery pack. Yes I have 2 controllers one is the new KS 14D controller and the other is of KS16C which is not ideally supposed to be used with 14D....

4 minutes ago, Yeshwanth Akurathi said:

think the charging port is connected to controller and then through controller, the battery gets charged. Cause the battery has only one connection with the controller.

So it's either the connection from the charger plug to the mainboard or the mainboard itself.

Don't know if softtuner app shows or could show something in regard to this connection.

6 minutes ago, Yeshwanth Akurathi said:

and the other is of KS16C which is not

The 16c had a different configuration afair: charge port to battery and battery to mainboard.

Or maybe the changed this sometimes?

So without a battery to swap, everything connected correctly (and no measurement possibilities?) seems you have to wait for next week for ewheels :(

1 minute ago, Chriull said:

So without a battery to swap, everything connected correctly (and no measurement possibilities?) seems you have to wait for next week for ewheels :(

Yeah... :/ But I am just hoping that they solve this problem. I had a lot of difficulty in getting all these parts to India from USA....

• Like 1