V8 f Tyre pressure.

Nostris

I see in the INMOTION manual they state a default tyre pressure of 2.8bar / 40 Psi.  This seems very high to me, surely you would have a very hard, bouncy and twitch ride at this pressure.  Why is it stated to be so high?  I weigh 80kg / 180 lbs, and generally ride with 30 / 32 psi.  What do you all do?

I normally check the pressure, every 2 months.

What gets me out of a hurry is, this inflator that I see is of very good quality.

An offroad tire will never be the same as a normal one, but the tire pressure should be about

Spoiler

2.5 kg  ( 34  PSI ) for your weight.

Here you can see the inflator I'm talking about.

All the best

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Inmotion have changed the tire types on the V8/V8F.... I can't comment on the newer one. The Kenda that was supplied first is actually quite a hard and durable tire, under inflating it will lead to the tire wearing out much faster.  40psi is not high, the range should be 40-50psi. I find that above 42psi it is starts to hurt and tire you out more when you go on long rides.

Given your weight you can under inflate it a bit and it will be fine, however those of us are heavier 40psi is a must...