Extra Fuses in Package

MKader17

• 1 month later...

well, it would be extremely obvious to anyone who has opened their wheel what they are for lol.... back in the early days it was much easier to blow a fuse and you could access them externally... actually you might be surprised to find that all KS and IM wheels use fuses, where no GW does.... one of the reasons gotway wheels are stronger is because obviously, being a fuse.. it is the weakest point in the board, so it will go before anything else.... on gotway, if you blow something, the board is toast.. though it will be more difficult to do so..... throw these out or keep them it doesnt matter, its a standard fuse that you can pick up anywhere for dirt cheap

ks1.jpg.d2bd850f96cf3b027582c0c4cd4d6e86.jpg

42 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

well, it would be extremely obvious to anyone who has opened their wheel what they are for lol.... back in the early days it was much easier to blow a fuse and you could access them externally... actually you might be surprised to find that all KS and IM wheels use fuses, where no GW does.... one of the reasons gotway wheels are stronger is because obviously, being a fuse.. it is the weakest point in the board, so it will go before anything else.... on gotway, if you blow something, the board is toast.. though it will be more difficult to do so..... throw these out or keep them it doesnt matter, its a standard fuse that you can pick up anywhere for dirt cheap

ks1.jpg.d2bd850f96cf3b027582c0c4cd4d6e86.jpg

My exn has a fuse, im pretty sure the monster pros have fuses to 

1 hour ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

My exn has a fuse, im pretty sure the monster pros have fuses to 

really? that would be news to me.... you positive? maybe they started adding them, i havent heard of it.... these are the boards from the monster pro, EX, EX.N... not seeing any fuses... i havent personally owned a gotway wheel newer than the monster V3 though so i cant be certain

IMG_1767.jpg

IMG_20210128_144809_5.jpg

Screenshot (259).png

7 minutes ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

Yup its from the batteries to the board. I point it out in my exn opening video 

oh wow.. i stand corrected, thats the first ive ever heard about that lol wonder if they just started doing that? it wasnt mentioned on any of the ecodrift blogs that i saw,, did you by chance see what they were rated for? interesting way of adding them lol seems like an afterthought

Edited by Rywokast
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

oh wow.. i stand corrected, thats the first ive ever heard about that lol wonder if they just started doing that,, it wasnt mentioned on any of the ecodrift blogs that i saw

Yeah im pretty sure its new, i know the early batch exns didnt have it so i was suprised when mine did have it, mine was produced in march i believe 

Edited by GoGeorgeGo
  • Like 1

Just now, GoGeorgeGo said:

Yeah im pretty sure its new, i know the early batch exns didnt have it so i was suprised when mine did have it 

wonder what issues they were having that made them add it.... i know they wouldnt do it just because lol

• Like 1

I would assume it has something to do with whatever caused them to go to the new black boards. Mines still one of the greens. My buddys exns are being produced right now, they will have the new black boards. Will be interesting to see if the fuse is still there or not .

Will be interesting to see if maybe there was some kind of feedback issue that may have been the cause of the thermal runaways, maybe the fuse is meant to prevent feedback from the board 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

I would assume it has something to do with whatever caused them to go to the new black boards. Mines still one of the greens. My buddys exns are being produced right now, they will have the new black boards. Will be interesting to see if the fuse is still there or not .

Will be interesting to see if maybe there was some kind of feedback issue that may have been the cause of the thermal runaways, maybe the fuse is meant to prevent feedback from the board 🤷‍♂️

very interesting O.o thx for the info

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rywokast said:

very interesting O.o thx for the info

To be clear i have not heard of any thermal runaways on an exn yet (knock on wood). But the 2700wh configuration is the largest gotway has ever released, i doubt its a coincidence that the monster pro also has a fuse (i believe) the 3600wh configuration which is just a ridiculous amount of batteries lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

To be clear i have not heard of any thermal runaways on an exn yet (knock on wood). But the 2700wh configuration is the largest gotway has ever released, i doubt its a coincidence that the monster pro also has a fuse (i believe) the 3600wh configuration which is just a ridiculous amount of batteries lol

well thats good xD hmmm yea 3600 wh of batteries in a gotway is kind of scary lmao

• Like 3