Bluetooth Connection

DangerousDick

On 01/01/2016 at 1:14 PM, Buurman said:

Cyano is not available for your device. 

Maybe you should consider a hard reset of your phone. All data will be wiped so make sure to backup everything. 

http://www.hardreset.info/devices/doogee/doogee-turbo-mini-f1/

Perfect, thanks Buurman.  Trying to avoid it just yet, but may be the only way to get going?  Ian should be coming back to me in the next day or two with a code to reset the serial number which will be a lot easier than trying to set the phone up again from a reset ;) if that fails, then it's back to factory settings and start all over.

Thanks Jurgen, but we already know that an IOS and 'other' Android device connects perfectly well to the E+ as it is so can't see how adding another successful solution (other than the device I plan to use going forward) will help at this stage?

11 hours ago, DangerousDick said:

Perfect, thanks Buurman.  Trying to avoid it just yet, but may be the only way to get going?  Ian should be coming back to me in the next day or two with a code to reset the serial number which will be a lot easier than trying to set the phone up again from a reset ;) if that fails, then it's back to factory settings and start all over.

Thanks Jurgen, but we already know that an IOS and 'other' Android device connects perfectly well to the E+ as it is so can't see how adding another uccessful solution (other than the device I plan to use going forward) will help at this stage yrt

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1896171     try this one?

Edited by Jurgen
incomplete

So today a colleague of mine agreed to download the Ninebot app to his new S6 running Android 5.5.1 - as previously, everything connected perfectly - first time, and without any special setup etc.

I tried mine again but no joy.

I'd received a code from Ian and tried this through the NineDroid app to set the password back to my original one.  It failed in the app so we tried the same code via my colleagues S6 (and NineBot app) and got the message 'modification fails' at the bottom of the screen.

A bit quiet this afternoon so I 'bit the bullet' and completed a Factory Reset on my Doogee F1 - something I was trying not to do as I didn't want to have to put everything back in afterward :( even worse - with a completely fresh, factory reset'd phone, it still failed in the exact same way!

On the way home I was trying to think about what I could try next and realised the only thing I hadn't done during the reset was to remove the memory card so tonight I once again completed a factory reset - but this time removed the SD card AND loaded the Ninebot app via the card instead of logging into Google just in case that was 'remembering' something I didn't want.  Still doing the same thing!  Can't get the Ninebot app to work without logging in to the WWW so can't completely isolate the unit but with a complete reset along with no memory card I'm still getting the same results.

I just can't figure it any more - my phone works with other Ninebot units, other phones work with my Ninebot unit, but my phone won't work with my unit :wacko:

Only thing left to do is go out and buy a 'P' model (not drastic at all!) or failing that, go out and by a nice new Z5 may be ;)

You mean THIS Z-5?  I think this is MORE extreme than a P, so you might as well buy a P.

Z-5.thumb.jpg.81bdbf9f926ec94dd2c2f826fa

Wish we were closer, I'd get it to work, one way or another.  I'm very Persistent with these things.  Oh, and the OTHER Z5 is pretty sweet too.

Edited by SuperSport

I wish! - no, just the slightly more 'pocket sized' one ;)

Pretty much exhausted all the stuff I can do at this stage - thought the Factory Reset would really do the trick, it certainly got rid of everything else from the phones memory just not whatever is stopping the hookup.  That'll teach me to buy a cheap 'knock-off' phone instead of a shiny Sony or Samsung one B)

I've always fancied the 'waterproof' quality of the 'Z's anyway, now there's another excuse to tip the wallet over :P

Image1.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Might just be an incompatibility between the particular Bluetooth stack software on your specific phone model and the particular board you have in your Ninebot. Android's Bluetooth software support situation has been pretty bad since they changed it in version 4.3 and up, and  different phone vendors have had varying results properly implementing support for the new Bluetooth Low Energy protocol. 

In iOS the Ninebot application is not the fas test to connect. If I am testing my application the Ninebot application doesn't connect and sometimes I have to kill applications either in the phone or stop / start the Ninebot.

Curiously I have not these problems from my application that makes a simple search and subscribe...

• 2 years later...
  • 11 months later...

Bonjour, même problème de connexion bluetooth avec mon smartphone MOTOROLA E4 version 7.7.1 acheté en 2018, il reconnait ma roue E +, mais il a rencontré une erreur de connexion.

changent mon téléphone !!!

bonne soirée à tous

• 4 months later...

Hi, 

First, make sure you allow location permissions from your settings. 

Second, make sure the location is turned on when you try connecting to your Ninebot. 

If this fails, download the old app, connect to it so that your device has a history of your Ninebot, then install the new app and connect to it. (Always make sure the location is turned on)

Cheers!

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Today new app from Ninebot.  Shit, nothing more to say.  Why fix something that is not broken?.  Same issues with BT.  Old app works fine regardless of reset or whatever..  But nevermind;  EUC world can connect and manage the wheel, so who cares. :cheers: