V11 unstable on certain bike path tiles

Auris

Hello, a new rider here. I'm having a problem driving Inmotion V11 on certain bike path tiles. Asphalt and some patterns are very stable, however when I need to traverse specific ones, EUC unexpectedly starts sliding sideways, for example I cannot safely carve those surfaces on 10 kmph, when going straight it gets sketchy at 20 kmph. Others are OK at +30 kmph.

Model: Inmotion V11

Shocks: 125/55

Tire: 32 psi

Riding experience: ~1 month

Milage: 400 km

Rider weight: 100 kg

Tile patterns that are easy to ride on:

20210421-123550.jpg20210421-130203.jpg

Tile patterns that are giving trouble (below):

20210421-124507.jpg20210421-125413.jpg20210421-130200.jpg

Inmotion V11 tire:

20210421-182154.jpg20210421-183741.jpg

It looks like tire has a middle thread with an edge, which gets caught by tile gaps redirecting EUC to different angles. Could incorrect tire be the problem or is it something different?

• Like 1

If the tire is tram lining (trying to follow a crack), you can try increasing your tire pressure but that does make the tire more bouncy and squirrley. For my KS16, the 3" tire does like to follow cracks and it's very unnerving. I've found that higher pressure seems to help reduce the effect. The tendency to follow cracks seems more pronounced with wider tires, you don't hear many people complaining about it when riding the 2" class tires.

I'm glad you mentioned this because I thought I was going crazy.

I was riding my V11 around a pedestrian round-about that is paved with bricks and it slipped right out from under me. I have ridden that circle a hundred times before on my KS14 without an issue. I thought maybe I had done something wrong but could not figure out what it was. This makes a log more sense. I just avoid that circle now. Maybe I should go practice it to get a feel for when it is "tram lining".

hey, 

I just bought a V11 and was looking on topics regarding tyres following tracks in the road, since I got a surprise of my V11 yesterday at slow pace 20km/h, I was driving straight and the tarmac of the road was overlapping each other, and hence a small line of thicker tarmac was defining the pattern of the road. On my KS 18 L this wouldn't have been an issue at all, but apparently the V11 has other ideas about that ;) . After talking to some other friends with a V11 they advice me to increase the tyre pressure a bit , I weigh 75kg and I am at 35 PSI at the moment,..  I will give it a go the coming days to check this. 

Regarding your roadpatterns, I have to agree with Rockytop, the last couple of months I was riding a lot on beach sidewalks in spain and they have all different kind of tiles and patterns, some quite upsetting at first but being that comfortable on the KS18L it would startle me at first but when you ride a lot you know what you can handle and it was and it is still within my comfort zone, but yep, whenever I encounter a total new layout I pay more attention.. it's like riding on a stiff carpet at some entrances of malls , it looks like it is totally fine ,but the wheel has another idea about such surfaces.. 

If you come from a non suspension wheel we know that surfaces are leading to different behaviours and we are used to pay attention to this, however the V11 is another ball game, with the suspension one pays less attention to surfaces, imagine being a new euc rider and the V11 is your first ride, one doesn't have the same respect for surfaces as riders coming of non suspension wheels...

respect the crack ;) 

• Like 2