KS-S18 Suddenly goes out of control

I have a new Kingsong S-18 that I got mid march. I've ridden it a few times mainly practicing as I am a new rider.

Today I noticed the speed limit decreased to 15km regardless of how many times I changed it in the app and now when I ride it the pedals tilt all the way back kicking me off & then stops & tilts all the way forward. After about two seconds of that the wheel starts spinning out of control until it shuts down. 

Has anyone experienced this before? and if so are there any known fixes?

Yeah I tried to bring it up with Mykingsong.com and they responded initially, but after explaining the issue to them in more detail it looks like they've ghosted me and no longer respond to my emails. Was hoping I could do some troubleshooting / brainstorming and potentially get it back up and running myself.

Is the trolley handle all the way down? Depending on software version, if the trolley handle is up it will do crazy things. 
You also might have to recalibrate level. 

Edited by RockyTop
  • Like 1

The speed lock stays in place until you have gone 10KMs.  If you have done that you should be able to change the speed.  What app are you using to change settings?  I had the tilt forward and back thing happen when I ran mine all the way down to no battery.  It went forward and back until i turned it off.  The trolley handle will not have the effect you describe.  If it pops up when you are riding nothing happens, as in you will continue to ride just fine.  If it is up at a stop you just wouldn't be able to balance. What battery percentage is it saying its at when its doing this?