King Song S18 Specific Wheel Stand

rcxotic

Hi All!
EUC noob here and am about take delivery of a used King Song S18.

• Was wondering what do owners recommend for a stand while at home or perhaps one that attaches to the wheel itself? Preferably one that I can ask a buddy to 3D Print for me. 
  • Bonus question. what batch is my secondhand wheel if it was originally invoiced by eWheels on Jan 6th 2021?

Many thanks!

• Like 1

hunt around in the forum for stands, you can make one out of PVC for a few bucks, or buy one of those flower pots meant for putting on your fence rail. I went deluxe and bought a Black Crow for my 16X, I'm certain he makes them for the S18. It's fantastic. A bit spendy, but fantastic and well worth the extra few dollars.

As to the batch, what constitutes a batch? eWheels sells everything they get on each shipment, my guess is yours came from the Christmas Gotway on Fire container which means it's better than the very first ones off the line, but might not be as good as the ones that shipped in March. The firmware will report the manufacturing date of the control board, you can see that in the KS app and EUC World.

Edited by Tawpie

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2021 at 3:23 PM, rcxotic said:

Bonus question. what batch is my secondhand wheel if it was originally invoiced by eWheels on Jan 6th 2021?

From what I understand, the pedal hanger block and the stock wheel type will clue you in.  If you have pedal hanger that has this loose block, then I'm pretty sure that's a guaranteed first batch.  There's a couple possible tires used, the ChaoYang H5102, an Eakia/Jiluer model I can't remember off-hand, and maybe a third?

My new S18 was delivered to me in early March.  I had solid pedal hangers with no loose block, and the H5102, and it already had the latest firmware, no need to update it.  I think that's either late second or early third batch,