mten3 questions

I just received my new mten3 from revrides and I have some questions about it:

1. There appears to be 3 different mten 3 battery versions but I can't find any details about the one I received. The original was 420Wh (67v), then they released a 512Wh(84v) version. From ewheels: "We are offering both the 67v/420Wh & 84v/512Wh battery packs. Each of these has the same tried-and-tested Panasonic GA 3.5Ah battery cells: the 420Wh is configured in a 16S2P 32x cell arrangement, while the 512Wh has an extra 8x cells 20S2P, @ 84v". However, both ewheels and revrides are now selling a 460Wh (84v) version (which is what I received). What is the battery configuration of the 460Wh version and does anyone know why they changed from 512Wh to 460Wh?
  2. ewheels says "The tubeless tire required a special valve extension to add air to the tire, which some Owners struggled with. Additionally, it was found that the required sealant to keep a seal between rim & tire was causing corrosion on the motor over time. One other benefit of tube tires is that they can be used in a larger pressure range.My wheel came with the special valve extension, so can I assume it is tubeless? I've seen other places that say all the new versions are tubeless, which is contradictory to what ewheels says, what is going here?
  3. I'm planning on putting armor-dilloz tire sealant in my tire (it says it works for tube and tubeless). Is there any reason I should not do this? eWheels said the require tire sealant in the tubeless version was causing corrosion on the motor?
  4. Is there an official Gotway/begode app for android or should I just be using WheelLog/EUC World?
  5. What do the atmospheric lights do on the wheel? Most of the time they are white with a purple tint, but then they will randomly go into a crazy rainbow configuration (I didn't change anything in the app; the lights change seemingly randomly). Does the color/configuration of the atmospheric lights mean anything or is it really just random?
  • Like 1

1.  I don't have that version so I couldn't tell you.  Open it up and find out!

2/3 You can assume tubeless.  The tube version was having issues as the tube was a very specialized product that was made poorly and hard to find.  Many MTEN owners were getting less than 50 miles before the tube would pop.  Ewheels hasn't updated their website since the switch back I don't think.  The sealant would take a very long time to actually degrade anything on the MTEN.  Go ahead and use sealant.  I use Stans in mine.

4.  Use EUC world for android / darkness bot for IOS.

5.  I think the lights are just to be pretty.  I have never found them to correlate to anything.  I don't even notice them anymore.

2 hours ago, sevin7 said:

What is the battery configuration of the 460Wh version

20s2p with 3100mAh cells instead of 3500mAh cells like on the 512Wh version.

does anyone know why they changed from 512Wh to 460Wh

Nobody knows why the manufacturers do the crazy things they are doing. Sometimes not even they themselves. Maybe the cheaper price it allows makes more sense for the mten3. Maybe they got a deal on the cells. Who knows.

Is there an official Gotway/begode app for android or should I just be using WheelLog/EUC World?

There is an official app, but it's crap. They seem to have given up on it, it's not even on the Play Store any longer. Avoid. (If interested, you can find it here: http://www.begode.com/app.)

Edited by meepmeepmayer

tube vs tubeless, look at the valve stem. It is obvious which one you have. More than likely it is a tubeless. As for using slime, I havent put anything in my tubeless mten but air. I'm getting down to a pretty bald tire now with no flats. Maybe they put it in there from factory, but I've never seen any. I also wouldnt worry one bit about corrossion of the rim. Even it it does, you would easily be able to sand the bead sealing edge and it would be just fine. Bead sealnt is cheap and easy if it got REALLY bad, but i'd imagine you'd need use some horrible sealant and the mten would be VERY old. OMFG you want corrossion, take the alloy wheel off a dodge product. Personally, I dont like tire sealants.

The leds are rainbow and move when you do. They do nothing but look uttery gay imho. Well, they also give a reason to buy a rollNZ w/o the cutouts, or a reason to pop it open and apply some electrical tape. The front leds are battery indicator when still, as mentioned.

Eucw works fine with the mten, tho I hardly find a use for it on such a reliable and simple/slow wheel. The mten factory beeps on mine havent failed me yet.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, sevin7 said:

I just received my new mten3 from revrides and I have some questions about it:

1. There appears to be 3 different mten 3 battery versions but I can't find any details about the one I received. The original was 420Wh (67v), then they released a 512Wh(84v) version. From ewheels: "We are offering both the 67v/420Wh & 84v/512Wh battery packs. Each of these has the same tried-and-tested Panasonic GA 3.5Ah battery cells: the 420Wh is configured in a 16S2P 32x cell arrangement, while the 512Wh has an extra 8x cells 20S2P, @ 84v". However, both ewheels and revrides are now selling a 460Wh (84v) version (which is what I received). What is the battery configuration of the 460Wh version and does anyone know why they changed from 512Wh to 460Wh?
  2. ewheels says "The tubeless tire required a special valve extension to add air to the tire, which some Owners struggled with. Additionally, it was found that the required sealant to keep a seal between rim & tire was causing corrosion on the motor over time. One other benefit of tube tires is that they can be used in a larger pressure range.My wheel came with the special valve extension, so can I assume it is tubeless? I've seen other places that say all the new versions are tubeless, which is contradictory to what ewheels says, what is going here?
  3. I'm planning on putting armor-dilloz tire sealant in my tire (it says it works for tube and tubeless). Is there any reason I should not do this? eWheels said the require tire sealant in the tubeless version was causing corrosion on the motor?
  4. Is there an official Gotway/begode app for android or should I just be using WheelLog/EUC World?
  5. What do the atmospheric lights do on the wheel? Most of the time they are white with a purple tint, but then they will randomly go into a crazy rainbow configuration (I didn't change anything in the app; the lights change seemingly randomly). Does the color/configuration of the atmospheric lights mean anything or is it really just random?

the front six dots on the wheel that randomly change color is actually your battery indicator. 6 = full. 

• Like 2