Veteran Sherman Range

Post the typical effective range you get out of your Sherman, make it short, simple, and include:

- Weight

- Speeds

- Riding mode

This is so people can easily find the actual range of the sherman, I have a little idea though, I could mess around with some graphs so it'd be even easier to see what range you'd actually get out of it for different situations and different weights

Edited by Shad0z

Terrain around me has too much variety to make stats,  But for the sake of it:

Weight: 75Kg with gear

Speed: Probably a bit under 20Kmh average due to red lights, pedestrian areas, riverside going easy. 30-40Kmh cruise when possible. 50Kmh when needed due to cars.

Range: Around 180Km, +/- edit: tire pressure around 40psi

Edited by null

92kg

Medium mode, this time I disabled tiltback at 43kph and went around 50kph usually as well as riding more aggressively, this brought my 100km range down by a whole 20km to 80km, going faster ain't worth it, gonna keep my tiltback on, trying soft mode next

19 hours ago, Shad0z said:

92kg

Medium mode, this time I disabled tiltback at 43kph and went around 50kph usually as well as riding more aggressively, this brought my 100km range down by a whole 20km to 80km, going faster ain't worth it, gonna keep my tiltback on, trying soft mode next

What about tire pressure? Have you tried raising it to get more miles?

On 4/21/2021 at 6:10 AM, Resko727 said:

Tire pressure is factor but not that dominant compare to how "agresively" you acelerate and rider weight.

I can ride my "loop" with 60% left  at home or more "fun" riding same route and go home with 22% battery.

Tire pressure have hard inpact on nimblenes and confort. More pressure = more nimble cons is you feel every hole/stone on road negatively.

+-4 psi is not measurable impact on range. In extreme example 17psi vs 44psi diference in range because rolling resistance be big.    

I weigh 205 lbs. first charge got me 117 kms till one bar beeping and experienced the tilt. Second charge 120 kms.

On 4/22/2021 at 6:01 AM, DjPanJan said:

Tire pressure is factor but not that dominant compare to how "agresively" you acelerate and rider weight.

I can ride my "loop" with 60% left  at home or more "fun" riding same route and go home with 22% battery.

Tire pressure have hard inpact on nimblenes and confort. More pressure = more nimble cons is you feel every hole/stone on road negatively.

+-4 psi is not measurable impact on range. In extreme example 17psi vs 44psi diference in range because rolling resistance be big.    

I agree with you completely but it’s just everything adds up. I’m also sure that the street tire is more efficient than than off road one. There so many factors to how far you can go.

I'm currently trying out soft mode, which feels hella sketchy at first, but once you get used to it, it's like floating on a cloud, mostly using it to test if I'll get more range out of it, will update y'all on my findings

On 4/21/2021 at 6:10 AM, Resko727 said:

I'm running at around 45-50psi which I wouldn't go any higher than, but I also do think those tire pressures are a good sweetspot for my weight, I don't understand how people can ride these things at my weight or heavier and do shit like 35 PSI, feels deflated lmao, too many downsides, running at higher PSI gets more range, less tire wear, less chance of tire popping off the rim issues etc, and better grip and higher stability, so there's really no reason not to, except for shock absorption, but I don't have an issue with that here at all.

Weight: 120kg

Speeds: 20-30 kmh

Riding mode: Hard

Range: 100km

The only time I tested range was when I had just bought the wheel, and I had pretty much exactly 100km on the screen when I rode the low battery beeps home. There was no tiltback yet.

I tried out SOFT MODE, the range DID NOT IMPROVE
I'm going back to medium, range was actually ever so slightly lower with soft mode lmao I ain't messing around with that, same speeds same everything basically

• 2 months later...

- Weight 91 kg (200 lbs)

- Speeds 40 kph (24 mph)

- Riding mode medium

I’ve ridden about 25 miles and battery is showing 91 Volts (66%). Top speed was around 60kph (37mph). So I guess I’m considered as a heavy + speedy rider around town.