V11 - no load detection is safe for jumping

Zopper

All right, I've decided to do a test. With enabled no-load detection, I grabbed the wheel on the front and back, walked next to it and lifted it. When going slow, it managed a very short airtime before disengaging - so no problem with riding down stairs or stuff, but it would be bad for jumps. However, then I tried to run and lift it. Instead of disengaging, it began to speed up as we are accustomed and gave me angry beeping.

And then I made the mistake of not waiting one or two seconds more until it stops because of max speed and I put it down. :D I managed to keep hold on it, but it pulled me a bit along and now I have black lines in the hallway (tiles, luckily) and it smells of burned rubber. :D So jumping seems to be safe even with this option enabled. No-load detection seems to get disabled somewhere around 10-15 km/h.

• Like 1

That will happen eventually. Right now, my V11 is still new and shiny. Give it a few weeks until it gets enough of scratches so I don't care about some more. :D

• 6 months later...
On 4/14/2021 at 1:30 AM, Zopper said:

That will happen eventually. Right now, my V11 is still new and shiny. Give it a few weeks until it gets enough of scratches so I don't care about some more. :D

I hear ya Zopper. I took my inmotion v11 for its first run in public. It was bright and shiny so I was hesitant to scuff it up...but...after the first fall and the unicycle got scuffed a bit...I didn't care anymore; I picked it up and kept learning. I had to let go of trying to keep it looking new. I got a heck of a lot of compliments and questions. I had an audience watching me learn how to ride my wheel 😄👍

• Like 2