Help! Persistent noise on V11

Mike Dobbs

It's been there since day one for me.  I've replaced the motor as well as the tail light assembly, and still it persists (the motor and taillight assembly had other issues, but I hoped this was tied to them).  I'm pretty sure it's something in the headlight, but to be sure I need to ride it with the headlight removed.  Problem is, that's where the power button is.

1) Does anyone know if I can remove the headlight, plug the unit into the charger, and then connect via bluetooth and power it on and ride with no headlight?  

2) Does anyone have experience with this same noise, and what did it end up being? 

Thank you so much for any help 

https://youtu.be/LuH_sml3Jsw?t=13

I can't figure out how to embed the video... sorry.

Edited by Mike Dobbs

I think it thinks it's a calf and it doesn't appreciate the saddle.

That's pretty high frequency and does sound like hard/brittle plastic vibrating against plastic, seems to go more with the acceleration than the actual speed, and doesn't seem to be coupled to braking. Have you tried pressing around on the headlamp while you accelerate (without falling on your nose--maybe while you're seated?) to isolate it that way? If it even changes the tone when you press it, that's a good clue.

I think you have a screw loose (literally, I am def not qualified to judge anything else). Or you're missing some of the white goober pucky somewhere.

Edited by Tawpie

17 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

I think it thinks it's a calf and it doesn't appreciate the saddle.

That's pretty high frequency and does sound like hard/brittle plastic vibrating against plastic, seems to go more with the acceleration than the actual speed, and doesn't seem to be coupled to braking. Have you tried pressing around on the headlamp while you accelerate (without falling on your nose--maybe while you're seated?) to isolate it that way? If it even changes the tone when you press it, that's a good clue.

I think you have a screw loose (literally, I am def not qualified to judge anything else). Or you're missing some of the white goober pucky somewhere.

LOL - yes, I agree with you on all points.  I don't know how to ride seated, so applying pressure while riding is a little dicey, but the headlight is about the only part I haven't removed and put back on at this point, and the noise has been a constant, so I figure it must be something I haven't yet touched.

34 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

Now I think this is it (with fixing instructions as a bonus): 

Yes!  Someone else shared this with me on the Telegram group.  Thank you so much, this is the exact issue I'm having.  So excited to finally know how to fix this 👍