Recommend new wheel for me

Hey guys, i have been riding euc's for 3 weeks.

i purchased a v8f for learning and im addicted to euc. my ONLY trouble here is the range is not enough for me.

Im 85kg and can only get about 30kms from one charge.

i rode a MSP and find it heavy but i guess any higher end wheel is going to be heavy. I guess it could be the downside of learning on a wheel like v8f.

any input is appreciated.

• Like 1

Besides more range, is there any other features that you need to have? With re to range, what is considered satisfactory? But yes, most any wheel with more range will likely be heavier & requires more muscling. That said, one gets accustomed fairly easily & what was heavy may not be after some riding time. With experience, one develops better riding technique to overcome the increase size & weight.

Also there's differences btwn wheels of similar weight due to geometry. Eg. besides weight, a larger & wider tire will almost always "feel" heavier & require more effort than a smaller narrower tire.

• Like 2

after range my main concern would be safety - i have had too many falls on my eskateboard so definately hurts. Im worried of cutouts. 

Range / safety / comfort

i got a friends MSX for a week to test for now :D 

• Like 1

The best thing you can do for safety is buying a powerful, fast wheel with a big battery:)

MSP, RS sound very good. On the lighter side (for an 18 incher), powerful, nice. The RS (high speed/HS or high torque/HT) seems to have more torque than the respective MSP models (HS or HT), which might make it a little more zippy in comparison.

V11 is also a great option. Can't beat a suspension for comfort.

Sherman if you just want range, range, and more range. It is heavy though.

You can also go for "16" inchers like the upcoming V12 (might be worth the wait), or the Nikola or 16X.

Choose one of all the nice wheels according to price and your preferences. They're all great.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 1

Likely the closest wheel to your v8's lightweight feel is the new Tesla v3. The 16x2.125 tire is very nimble & takes very little effort to maneuver. The 1500wh battery should provide at least 50miles of real world range & its 2000w motor should haul your 85kg up to speed pronto. Its also lighter than most of the bigger wheels & best of all, costs the least per mile.

The 18x3 on wheels like MSX will almost always feel heavier & less nimble regardless of its actual weight.