Increased pedal grip!

uniler

After a recent ride in the rain I realised the importance of added grip on the pedals. Especially while going over bumps as keeping your feet in the same position can be challenging while jumping curbs and such. I considered buying grip tape from a skate shop. Although being frugal and also a tinkerer I started to consider what was possible with what I had in the garage already. Then a thought occurred to use a low grit sand paper. The plan is to use a use high quality gorilla tape on the edges to give a durable attachment, covering all but a narrow strip in the center of the pedal. 

You'd want some sandpaper with a good backing, the wet/dry type is obviously pretty durable if it can take being soaked. The problem is that wet/dry tends to be in fine grits since it's used for finish work. Grip tape is probably your best bet.

If you looking for something different, you could try sanding mesh - it's made from cotton (I think) rather than paper, so doesn't disolve when it gets wet....

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p41259?utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=googleshoppingfeed&mkwid=shF5jhR3U_dc&pcrid=66162905543&pkw=&pmt=&gclid=Cj0KEQiAno60BRDt89rAh7qt-4wBEiQA

Archived