Resolved: Narrowing down my ideal “Long Range” wheel (Used or New)

After looking around, I realized that the 2700 Wh Nikola 100v gained a lot of traction on the forums as the “Loomo Nikola”. 

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000139012385.html?spm=a2g0o.store_home.productList_16770918.pic_5

Still, it uses the same cells that everyone has mentioned as being questionable. This one is tough to let go though because this is probably what I’m looking for even over something like the Sherman or the EXN...basically the tried and true agile Nikola but with that huge battery size for long range rides. Heck, if they somehow fitted a 2700 Wh battery into my Tesla, I’d be just fine too. Don’t end that extra speed...just that marathon battery. Those who do have the Loomo Nikola seem to rave about it, but it’s all nice and all until the potential battery disaster happens. 😩

Just a quick update on this. I went for buying the 2700 Wh Nikola 100v on the Loomo store. The more I thought about it, the more I realized that this was a unicorn wheel of having a long range battery but on a nimble 16” wheel. There’s nothing on the market like it and it seems like the trend for wheels this size is to go no more than 1800 Wh. Sadly, I was contacted by Loomo that they are out of stock and will not be resupplying. They offered a 2700 Wh Monster v3 instead, but for me it was Nik or nothing. This road sadly came to an end.

This brings me back to Sherman vs EXN. The rising price of the Sherman, now at $3500 on eWheels, is a bit more than I’d like. The pricing tier is now on par with the Monster Pro, and I’m really not digging it. I don’t anticipate this price going down. Despite my concerns with the build quality, reported overheating issues, and reported low durability and waterproofing of the EXN, it’s now what seems to be the cheapest long battery range option at $3000. That’s enough to bring the EXN as my #1 option.

If anyone has heard of any other wheels available like the 2700 Wh Nik 100v please let me know! Wouldn’t mind adding more options to the list that I haven’t yet considered.

7 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

It looks like Wheel Rider Store on Ali has one 2664Wh Nikola left.

Otherwise... yes it's the EXN. Or if EUCService ships to the US which I doubt.. they have some mods as well.

I have been getting sold more on the EXN. It covers some of my concerns with the Sherman in terms of torque, which would be ideal for me as heavier rider. Some folks see me on my Tesla and tell me I should be riding a larger wheel haha. It’s well priced too.

I’ve been watching more EXN videos from folks who have them, such as yourself, and a lot of riders in the local group so it’s a wheel that definitely has a good following. Gotta make my decision in time for the summer season so I can enjoy some good long summer rides!

1 hour ago, fbhb said:

Alien rides have just announced their version of the 2700Wh Nikola+ via FaceBook

Check it out here: Alien Rides Nikola 2700Wh

Just saw this post on FB!! Day 1 preorder. Man, what incredible timing! Totally made my day. This Summer is going to be awesome.

• Like 2

• EUC Sharkman changed the title to Resolved: Narrowing down my ideal “Long Range” wheel (Used or New)
  • 1 month later...

Got it! First one they said! It’s a beauty. Didn’t want to wait for shipping so I drove over to the shop for pickup, and thanked everyone there for making this all possible. Did a quick run around the block and can’t wait to do a marathon summer ride on it. Definitely more heavy than my light Tesla, but I’m sure I’ll get used to it in no time. I think even the newer style default pads Begode shipped out with it will do just fine for now.

Edited by TheSlyGiraffEV
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...