The High-Tech Disappoinment, The Crosshelmet X1 Review... any suggestions for striking alternatives?

• 4 months later...

If you check their website as of today, it is COMPLETELY devoid of any real data/information as to what the helmet actually is/does. It feels like vaporware, they know that it's vaporware, and that they're trying to cash in on their dwindling PR hype as much as possible before being completely debunked. Kind of like a pump & dump.

• Like 1

i really wish id found this little corner of the internet before i sent payment for purchase of my soon arriving cross helmet. soon we will see if its lesson learned or whatever. I found it on a suspicious ad and knew better from the start, but like the fool  I just had to try and kick the football just like charlie brown. really hope its just a cruddy helmet, was going to get a cheepie as back up anyways.  also I am in awe of anyone that shells out a grand or almost $2000 for a lid??!! my ripoff came at a discount, i hope, it cost me $69 plus $10 for rapid ship. think its a company that gets rid of property siezed durring bankruptcy and such. so, a week or so and ill know more.

borderless-kickstarts-crosshelmet-x1-sma

• Like 1

On 8/21/2021 at 12:25 AM, hamsterxxx said:

i really wish id found this little corner of the internet before i sent payment for purchase of my soon arriving cross helmet. soon we will see if its lesson learned or whatever. I found it on a suspicious ad and knew better from the start, but like the fool  I just had to try and kick the football just like charlie brown. really hope its just a cruddy helmet, was going to get a cheepie as back up anyways.  also I am in awe of anyone that shells out a grand or almost $2000 for a lid??!! my ripoff came at a discount, i hope, it cost me $69 plus $10 for rapid ship. think its a company that gets rid of property siezed durring bankruptcy and such. so, a week or so and ill know more.

borderless-kickstarts-crosshelmet-x1-sma

You got it for $69 dollars? Holy shit, that's crazy if you're not joking. At that price point, maaaaybe it's worth it? It really is a shame how shoddy it is, such a cool idea. And yeah, it's an insane amount of money. Only reason I tried it is because I knew I could return it.

On 8/21/2021 at 1:25 AM, hamsterxxx said:

I am in awe of anyone that shells out a grand or almost $2000 for a lid??!! my ripoff came at a discount, i hope, it cost me $69 plus $10 for rapid ship. think its a company that gets rid of property siezed durring bankruptcy and such. so, a week or so and ill know more.

Don't be in awe of people with more money than sense. I typically chalk it up to people either working too much or being overpaid. I must admit tho, after 30+yrs of motorcycle riding, I finally bought a REAL helmet (shoei rf) and I had no idea what I had been missing. An euc is a totally different beast tho, no need for all that jazz.

At $70, if they even send you a box with a trashcan in it, you're not doing too badly..

Yeah, that was a jab at all you rich folks. Of course just affording an euc kinda makes us all rich.  I know, my jealousy is showing...:whistling:

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Could be they tried too hard. But the opportunity window to sell this at 2000 dollars will be thin.
It's low hanging fruit for volume manufacturers to begin cranking out such helmets.
Make a standardised HUD, put in a mass volume camera and you're done at 1000 dollars.

I remember the Reevu MSX1 with the mirror solution. Worked pretty well, no electronics.
Best thing was you could see if there was a police vehicle behind, or a large bus to avoid braking.

• 2 months later...

This company is pure fraud. I placed an order in may 2021 and we are not at the end of January 2022, I have not received anything and they refuse to refund for products they have not shipped. Beware. They are scamming 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Now in July 2022. The visors have still not arrived (promised via email to be shipped in May 2022), software update is a total joke. A version for MacOS and a different one for PC. Neither can be installed! A total scam. Avoid them. 

• Like 1

My issue is their customer service. It's all started when I needed to return my helmet due to the usb port malfunctioning. It cost me a pretty penny to ship it back to crosshelmet due to it being past the warranty period. I had been in constant contact with them through email. They told me the usb repair would be $200 usd and I had to pay through wire transfer to their bank in Japan. They told me their engineers were able to fix the helmet. Once I paid the $200 they stopped responding to my emails. It has been over a week now with no response and total $245 including bank fees. I've sent email after email and even through their Instagram account I sent a message. I noticed someone read my message but just ignored my messages. 

I'm going to contact my bank and see what recourse I have if any. I feel swindled by this company

If anyone has had this happen please let me know what you did if anything to resolve this dilemma. 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Good I saw this before I paid!

can anyone recommend the lightest helmet that provides wide views? My neck hurts from heavy helmets and can’t turn too much so it obstructs my view. Any recommendations?

On 5/20/2023 at 2:22 AM, Ren said:

can anyone recommend the lightest helmet that provides wide views?

Open or closed? I just got myself this IXS Trigger MIPS. I think it is 700g. Liking it plenty so far:

IMG_4826.jpeg.5e9267ce0a058d29c6328273cc4bdcdd.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Well, at least you got yours. I ordered one and I'm still waiting - been almost 3 years.

I just sent them an e-mail giving them a deadline and if they can't make it I want a refund. But, by the sound of it from Nickoz I may not get a refund.