3D printing extras DIY (bumpers, pads, stands, covers)

So.
I have gotten myself a 3D-printer. And I had to learn how to draw 3D designs to print. 

I am @EUCzero on instagram and youtube if you want to see the prints in action.

For print files... same username in thingiverse.... : EUCzero

Myself I made jumppads, https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4808201

I used a normal 95A TPU for printing. A little flex and soft, but not like rubber.

Very much influenced by kuji pads, clarkpads, sajpads, flexpads and all other pads on the marked. But most of all I used my own yogablock pads I made long time ago as reference.

Differences:

..The power pad walls are not as high. I prefer being able to get my legs in the outside while turning or going faster.

..The brake pad walls are a bit further back.

..The jump puck have a bigger radius on the curve catching the foot for better fit.

..The jump puck is tapered (only5°, not 45° as Law do on his diy) for easy bailing out. Clark pads are tapered the other direction hooking you in. 

..Power walls are thinner for flex. Not so rigid. This could also been adjusted by using a more flexible material. I do not know the material used by others.

..Lots of thin ribs to get a soft feeling on your legs 

SO. Anyone else have anything to share?

20210406_114527.jpg

Edited by zeroSIXzero
More details
  • Like 1

I also made a holder for my selfie stick for easy access in front of my rugsack.

Easy to design and print.

Material PLA.

20210406_114146.jpg

Here a smaller version for the Insta360 selfiestick.

20210406_114313.jpg

• Like 1

Those look great. 3d printing is definitely a fun 'hobby' and man o man is tpu awesome. Im a epdm fan, for pads, but i totally get how these are uber useful for a different reason. The softest tpu I have managed to use, is NinjaFlex(85a), and its awesome. You have to print it VERY slowly. Most of the more common tpu blends are much easier to work with. Again, those look great man! I really have nothing to share in stl's, as you obviously have a knack for it and surpass my abilities. I do have a protective cover I designed for a lemfo LemT watch, that I'd share ya to print in tpu. I also printed some stupid tubes for the sherm, just to add some color. :thumbup:

*Fwiw, Ive found my 360 cam does good in my front pants pocket on a short stick/tripod, just need to move the pack of smokes....

lemfo-Cover.jpgSherman-Bumpers.jpgCap-Colors.jpg

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

Don't say that. I learned onshape and fusion360 just 2-3 weeks ago. I am sooo slow, and the soft never do what I want 🤣🤣😉

I am sure you have something to share. Maybe something smart someone else have designed but you found useful.

• 3 months later...