Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

1 minute ago, Seba said:

Now it's time to work on improving the support for S20 in the EUC World app. And this time the experience with S20 is only positive, because I managed to introduce into application support for smart BMS in this wheel :thumbup:

Awesome news @Seba! I knew you would come through on adding the BMS info for us, Legend!

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Rawnei said:

So, Adam took his V11 to that same hill today and it completely burned out at the same spot that the S20 was struggling. 😅

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CawyLD_FE8D/

Now this is somewhat puzzling. No one has ever shown a V11 being able to go up a 50° slope. But Jack Kingsong and others have on the S20.

On 3/3/2022 at 9:48 PM, supercurio said:

I'm not aware of any documented board failure.
The only reference has been by KingSong themselves with their odd explanation for a some kind of throttling during the first 3 meters in their testing

@evX_Mick says "some notable influencers have already cut-out on this wheel in hard accelerating" as a reason why he did not perform an acceleration test.
It always makes sense to not take unnecessary risk on an unfinished wheel, no doubt about that.

However, there are 2 reported cut-out which are:

• Kuji in December, long prior to the firmware which was oscillating significantly at high speeds
    (IMO OEMs should still have better testing so early testers don't get hurt)
  • A french rider who, confused by multiple speed beeps active ended up accelerating beyond the final beep, and overlean
    (IMO there should be only 1 beep type to avoid such accident)

Unless there are more @evX_Mick knows about and we don't, obscuring the count and circumstances beyond "some" without giving context is an unfair tarnishing of reputation for a fine product. If there are more incident, it would be best to talk about them openly IMO, so they can be analyzed, learned from, and checked to make sure it doesn't happen on production wheels later.

And please correct me if I'm wrong!

How many bodies are enough for you? 2 is too few? I know this forum isn’t home turf for me lol, but seriously. Thats all. I won’t be responding to anything else. Enjoy the speculative banter. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Jimmy Chang video review on the S20 has managed to garner about 149k views so far. Are the scooter crowd being enticed by the S20's eye catching splashy looks, and curious about it having only one wheel? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Paul A said:

Tiny solid state batteries.

Could a few thousand in a pack be used for EUCs?  

Too cost prohibitive? 

Toyota has made a car operating on solid state batteries.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a38711469/toyota-solid-state-batteries-2025/

Toyota announced that its first vehicle to use solid-state batteries will go on sale by 2025 in an interview with Autoline. The first Toyotas to use the new batteries will be hybrids, rather than fully electric vehicles, making it possible the first to get the new battery could be the Prius.

10 Jan 2022

I don't see what it has to do with S20 discussion but yes solid state batteries are the future once they are market ready.

People are disappointed by S20 range.

Solid state batteries energy density currently around 400 Wh per kg, projected 450 by 2025.

Lithium batteries energy density currently around 265 Wh per kg.

Mass production required to satisfy automotive industry, but perhaps current production is enough for niche EUC manufacturing.

Where/how were Toyota able to source solid state batteries for this prototype, video posted six months ago.

Edited by Paul A
Video link included

On 3/5/2022 at 6:42 AM, Miko.cz said:
On 3/5/2022 at 10:11 AM, Planemo said:

Jesus, is it right that the wheel is maintaining a temp only just above ambient??!!

Well, it's a slow ride and only 600W being used... a range test, not a stress test.

On 3/5/2022 at 11:37 PM, fbhb said:

It's Very Unlikely we'll ever see the "Jesus Wheel"

:D 

1 hour ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Well, it's a slow ride and only 600W being used... a range test, not a stress test.

:D 

I get that, but it's just weird to see, no doubt due to it being a non-fanned wheel. All the fanned wheels behave much like cars - they heat up quick to a certain temp then generally hang there irrespective of stress or ambients.

I guess my Z10 would be similar to the S20 re it's temp profile but I've never spent enough time on it going through EUCW logs to even notice :)

5 hours ago, Rolzi said:

I am sure many of you have seen this video, but did you see this version that shows S18 going up the same climb. 

After seeing many mother board frying incline videos on YT, I realized the scary fact that I've done things on my S18 that never should have been attempted. :blink:

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

loose quote: "we're not treating KS fairly, we read 126V and expected GW performance".

Fair enough.

Yes? We do expect GW performance for a 126v wheel. Thats why theres a latent disappointment with some riders. 

• Like 1