Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

Glad it’s not rolling out production next week. They have time! 
Thanks to so much testing and quality results  like yours Seba they should have enough to understand what is wanted from the community. 
Rather than a rush to push product out, I’d prefer they take time and redesign the slight issues properly.

Even if I had to wait longer I’d feel better knowing it had full power of the mark, better range, better braking, increased low battery warnings, less lock tight and decent screws with better plastics. (And a Matt black colour option) 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Forwardnbak said:

Glad it’s not rolling out production next week. They have time! 
Thanks to so much testing and quality results  like yours Seba they should have enough to understand what is wanted from the community. 
Rather than a rush to push product out, I’d prefer they take time and redesign the slight issues properly.

Even if I had to wait longer I’d feel better knowing it had full power of the mark, better range, better braking, increased low battery warnings, less lock tight and decent screws with better plastics. (And a Matt black colour option) 

Hope springs eternal. 'History' has shown us that you're gna have to wait for a revision or two. Everytime a wheel gets announced, it gets pushed back again and again. The hopefulls of us, think its a sign that they are fixing the issues and it will be just fine before LATE release. Specs change, prices change, release dates change. IN the end, the first version winds up needing SOMETHING anyhow. Some people like being the beta testers. I fully belive that customers who buy the first versions, are still 'testers'. If you're okay with that, go for it! Some people like the gamble and couldnt fathom being late to the party... I've been a tester with my wallet, twice now. I've done my duty as an euc enthusiast. Now its someone else's turn. You know, for the greater good. I truly envy anyone who has access to test ride a wheel before buying. Out here at ShanesPlanet, I have to BUY one to find out. Even with stellar sales service, I know I cant return a wheel once I've ridden it, JUST because i dont like it or the design is shit. LUckily, I HAVE ridden a Nik I didnt have to buy. Saved me a LOT of money too.:eff02be2d7:

Decent screws?:roflmao:        Yeah, and Ive got oceanfront property to sell in Arizona. Resign to knowing its gna be chinesium screws and its just a matter of YOU buying a replacement kit of quality. I'd LOVE to be wrong and we could all cheer that at least ONE euc company splurged on screws/bolts/allens and inserts. You know, like using a impact resistant flexible part instead of one that shatters, for a bumper. Shouldnt some things be so obvious that it won't be made wrong to begin with?

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I think I have my EUC enthusiast outfit on this time. My wallet is on the line as a tester for the first time but my vid camera will be rolling and I’ll show the whole ugly thing. 

I appreciate all the tests and money you all spent to get the game where it is. I kinda hoped the companies had learned from all your money and figured a few things my now. 

I kinda believed Kingsong were secretly holding onto the golden screws for the production models to wow us all again. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forwardnbak said:

I think I have my EUC enthusiast outfit on this time. My wallet is on the line as a tester for the first time but my vid camera will be rolling and I’ll show the whole ugly thing. 

I appreciate all the tests and money you all spent to get the game where it is. I kinda hoped the companies had learned from all your money and figured a few things my now. 

I kinda believed Kingsong were secretly holding onto the golden screws for the production models to wow us all again. 

As the owner of a V11, I EXPECT you to give us a critical comparison. Hopefully you can wait for the comparison until after you are over being emtionally ecstatic or disappointed. I few moments on an s18 and I got an idea of what a suspension COULD bring to the table. Even tho it wasnt up to MY standards, I see how a properly developed suspension wheel, could make for a very comfortable street ride. I am eagerly awaiting a wheel to compare with my 18xl in all areas bt have suspension as well. Im assuming it will HAVE to weigh a little more, but done right, perhaps worth it.

Really DO let us know. Or perhaps PM me and you can let the opinion fly unabashed. I am happy with my current wheels, but that doesnt mean Im not watching out to see if theres a viable replacement in the works. All my needs are met atm, so its gna take a REALLY badass wheel, to convince me to buy it. Im not collecting wheels and 3 sounds like a great number. No room for more here, just room for replacement.

• Like 2

Wrong way vid is super interresting.

Adam is saying that the turning radius of the wheel is not great. He is puting this behavior on the tire.

After seing his video it get pretty obvious why this wheel dosent have a great turning radius and I dont think the tire is the main culpit here. Just think about this... if you simply tilt the wheel on the side like 10 or 20 degree and hold with 1 finger in the middle, it will naturaly want to pivot toward the suspension because it is heavier on the back. This behaviour create a force that actualy oppose the natural turning dirrection when riding. The more you tilt it and the more it will counteract the turning. Riding it in reverse will obviously help the wheel to turn better because the levrage create by the weight of the suspension will tork it in the turn dirrection.

To what extend this is annoying I can't tell because I haven't had the chance to ride it but unfortunatly I dont think this is something that can be fixed. At least without some major redisign.

• Like 2

@Meso that's interesting about the shock, I wonder if over time having it in the front will become normal. 

I'm sure suspension is here to stay so the designs will only get better. 

I still like the lack of maintenance on a normal euc....but I'd love to have a much smoother ride over the rough trails. 

I don't know how well the plastic on metal sliders that need grease will hold up to southwest US dust always grinding away in there though. 

20 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Oh man this was supposed to be the Jesus wheel. Now we have to wait and see how it really is...

well, wasn’t Jesus born again after he died the first time? ….

or, make believe? A false show pony Or something? 

I don’t even believe in Jebus 

Edited by Forwardnbak
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, Tawpie said:

unlikely (it would be a minor bug, if anything is wrong at all)... the fact that the wheel cutoff indicates it didn't have enough remaining power to balance—very low voltage is a direct indicator of lack of sufficient power under load.

Thanks indeed I just read seba's message after mine I didn't know he had cut off at the end

Is it not risky to go so low on the voltage with a ks? I remember a rider who did this on his ks s18 to evaluate the total range by continuing his range test around his house about 6 miles after the low voltage beeps until the wheel totaly stop and it killed one of the cells

Edited by Bizra6ot

3 minutes ago, Bizra6ot said:

Is it not risky to go so low on the voltage with a ks?...

7700km on KS-16S, no, it isnt. I did it last 2 months twice. Battery still able to charge up to 67.7V (EUC is 67.2V rated)

42 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

Starting to feel like canceling my preorder. :cry2:

Mmmm, well I’m keeping mine for now. 

i do think I’ll take another test before deciding for good. I need to know it’s an upgrade to the v11, if range is similar (I get 70Km range on v11) and WW started V11 has more torque to pull up that hill in his video, I'm not too sure it will do as I need If it won’t out perform the v11. 

specs I ordered off showed a heap more range and boasted power of first wheel to push 126v etc. 

shall see.