Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

34 minutes ago, Flying W said:

My ave riding speed is usually 22 to 26 depending on how many I get green

What kind of range do you get on your RST in those conditions? Speed kills batteries, does it kill the RST too?

1 hour ago, Finn Bjerke said:

Range is a laff ...... Ill wait for Inmotion V13 ...... What exactly was the s20 HYPE about .... fancy sidepads in nice colors? 

Yer just pissed because you couldn’t wait!

3 hours ago, OldFartRides said:

When that fellow Chance ate dirt on that drop at a demo day, I thought, who is this yahoo….

Then I watched some of his single track vids. He’s off the hook good. He gave it a fair review, too, I thought.

Nice vids Chance, in case you read this.

Totally agree on all points. I have the same thoughts, he actually was a great review. 
quite positive even on the range. 

if you read this Chance, I also give you full respect. 

5 minutes ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

Is there a link to Chance's channel/videos?

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=WattsSingleTrack

He's a bit controversial because he likes the tether... where he rides though, I think it's a good idea personally. I'm debating using one myself when I'm in the mountains.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Tawpie said:

What kind of range do you get on your RST in those conditions? Speed kills batteries, does it kill the RST too?

It's only 5 miles ones way so when you arrive the residual voltage sag has it showing 83% but after work is over it recovers back to 90% or so. 

I did one ride where tried to run it down as far as I could in 30 miles but about a 3rd of the ride had be under 20mph, just too bumpy. I arrived back showing 33% after it rested for a few min. Ave riding speed was 23mph. Where possible I was beeping, slowing for people and stoplights. 

I've also gone on more leisurely rides where the ace riding speed is only 15mph and rode 52 miles with 18% left. 

I don't catch a lot of wind though, I'm short and shaped like a ball :rolleyes:

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Finn Bjerke said:

Range is a laff ...... Ill wait for Inmotion V13 ...... What exactly was the s20 HYPE about .... fancy sidepads in nice colors? 

What makes you think that V13 is the holy grail that will live up to all your hopes and dreams though? 😁

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Finn Bjerke said:

Yea I’m a bit let down by the range but the performance I’ve seen I’m happy. 
I was very keen on the v13, but it’s a no show. And v13 range is only a thing if the V13 doesn’t cut out first. 

14 hours ago, Tawpie said:

Speed kills batteries, does it kill the RST too?

Yes of course! :) 

1 hour ago, Blunzn said:

someone posted a Begode RS speed run in the S20 telegram group. he got ~14 miles in cold russia with a bit of battery left.  

so riding the S20 at low temp, high speed, storm and mountains and still getting 30 miles doesn't sound too bad for a 'minimum range'. although riding near maxspeed nonstop probably reduce the range even more than Ian could. ;) but then we have Chance torturing it at normal temps at trails and getting 35-40miles. 'casual' riding like with eevee/marty got them around ~60-65 miles. and monsieur flex talked about making a ~25kmh range test, then we know the maximum range under boring conditions too. all with not fully charged batteries as of now. 

same will be true for the master. the faster speed will kill the additional 200 Wh in no time. for high speed and range go for 3600Wh.

And, offroad, you can drain it quickly at low speeds too...

On 2/28/2022 at 2:39 PM, RagingGrandpa said:

https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/26948-whats-your-whkm/?do=findComment&comment=407527

Below is real data- see if you can puzzle through how such an inefficient number might occur ;) 
At least 5 what-if's are answered by the various parameters logged...
GPS-based altitude is rather noisy in the forest (hint); this ride had no elevation change.

AM-JKLVBqlwBmz1SU-WEhyBJb06QOuRcFTUohdNm

5 minutes ago, RagingGrandpa said:

And, offroad, you can drain it quickly at low speeds too...

98.7wh/mi!  Towing a boat or RV?  Maybe pulling another rider giving him some regen?  Going uphill to the store?  Both ways! lol. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Wolverine said:

From the video I can see that the front of the wheel is getting pretty muddy. Front lights are also covered with mud as you can see from the pictures below. This will definitely affect the light coming from the front lights. I hope that King Song does something about it.

Paging @Lukasz I really love your front fender mod for the S18, can you put me first in line for a similar mod for the S20 please?

For those unaware, I'm referring to a portion of the kit discussed here 

Edited by Tawpie