Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

From MyEwheel:

On Sat, Feb 4, 2023 at 3:38 PM My EWheel <info@myewheel.com> wrote:

9 hours ago, EDCampstore said:
From MyEwheel:

On Sat, Feb 4, 2023 at 3:38 PM My EWheel <info@myewheel.com> wrote:

Yes, there is no denying that those are the sizes MyEwheel have quoted you, but with the slider channel being 26mm wide (approx.) and the CNC posts being offset by 2mm (approx.) means there is No Way they can work. The 6x24x7mm rollers are the go-to size for All the various CNC implementations available from around the Globe.

Even King Song's upgraded slider versions for both the OG and the S22 Pro use a 24mm diameter roller (albeit of poor POM quality and the wrong 'V' shaped roller profile, which are unfortunately doomed to fail rapidly!) (EDIT: IMHO the King Song S22 Pro rollers will need to be swapped out for the go-to sized 6x24x7mm rollers and then sleeved down to a 5mm bore. This will definitely be my intention if I am to go ahead and order the S22 Pro!)

Edited by fbhb

5 hours ago, EDCampstore said:

That’s weird - The rep at MyEwheels gave me the wrong size spec then. I noticed the last 3 sales on Ali were the size 6x24x7mm, which should have been a red flag. I’ll reach out to the seller and hopefully he can switch the size for me before they ship.

That's weird they sent me the same link which I didn't think much of because I already ordered from somewhere else but in my mail they wrote the correct size, please notify them of their mistake. 😅

Edited by Rawnei

22 minutes ago, Crab said:

Look what showed up yesterday.😎

8D8ECC52-5D9F-451B-8C13-BEA3CCC26073.jpeg

3D266885-3B87-4256-A9BC-507A78BB87EA.jpeg

Please give us your impressions of the tire.  Does it have a smooth predictable lean when turning?  I didn't like the stock knobbie, but I also don't know what PSI the demo had....and it was a year ago when I rode it.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Crab said:

Wills do, it does have deep grooves.

D7227C8F-01E5-4BEC-B6E0-762EBD1AB954.jpeg

I've got about a month to decide if I'm going with the S22 Pro and which tire I want.  Looking forward to your feedback. It looks decent as long as it corners predictably and the compound is good.

I’ll be having my buddy evaluate it also since he has had the s22 since early last year, his is the original version with new pinned motor and standard batteries, mine has the 4k motor with 40T packs. It will be interesting to get his take on the tire, his has only had two different knobby style.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well my Kingsong roller slider stiction got much worse and starting squeaking and so I took it apart again, found a few wheels not rotating nice and one that was falling off of the peg.

I decided to remove two middle wheels to go down to 6 on all sides, used a 5mm socket to hammer a few that weren't fully on, and replaced and glued on the one that fell off.

Some that weren't moving well I applied more grease. Motor slid back into the frame a good bit easier, and movement is better still and the squeak is gone. Hopefully will get more than 100 miles out of it this time.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

yeah these king song wheels are lots of physical exercise by the time u flip the s22 upside down and try to clean and lubricate the channels. still sucks.

it's a suspension wheel but i feel every bump, but my feet don't leave the pedals so i know it's doing something. 

i pumped up the s18 to 170/100, or something like that, and it's better than the s22. 

the s22 is easier to ride, and waaay quicker than the toady s18(if molicels make it quicker, i'd surely hate the stock lg batteries)decided it was safer to ride the s18 first and then ride the s22, because the s22 with the pedals moved forward and down, moves out pretty well. no speed wobbles with either wheel. no speed wobbles with any wheel i've own. running max pressure as stated on the sidewall. i don't like flats, bent rims or running on deflated tires. 

and btw, king song prompted me to update their app and the check for bms firmware thing doesn't work anymore, so i used softtuner to upgrade my bms to version 2.17. seems ok. still don't have balanced packs. pack one goes to 98% pack two to 100%. better than only charging to 95%. still no answer from king song which version is the correct one.

4C5C0E65-0A8E-46EE-B2AF-C00D276079F7.png.c3da789e40225f9bdd964b5d8f8274ff.png30AB6358-CD8E-4CAF-88F8-F0FB3E9F7786.png.baf9eed98abe8cd9d7e89e88de11011b.png

13 hours ago, Crab said:

I’ll be having my buddy evaluate it also since he has had the s22 since early last year, his is the original version with new pinned motor and standard batteries, mine has the 4k motor with 40T packs. It will be interesting to get his take on the tire, his has only had two different knobby style.

Congratulations! Did your S22 Pro come from eWheels? Do your stock pads and battery case have improved velcro? 

It would be great to see your and your buddy's wheel side by side. I'm curious if the red plastics are darker on your wheel.

7 minutes ago, litewave said:

Congratulations! Did your S22 Pro come from eWheels? Do your stock pads and battery case have improved velcro? 

It would be great to see your and your buddy's wheel side by side. I'm curious if the red plastics are darker on your wheel.

Yes Ewheels, I just added $14 Velcro off Amazon right away, glue sticks to glue perfectly on the pads.

B6D7A3B3-523E-40FB-A7EB-0DB47C634959.jpeg

• Like 1

🦅 Kingsong S22 Pro (teardown, compape)

21.4K subscribers

Feb 7, 2023

We disassemble, test and compare the Kingsong S22 Pro.

This is the expected restyling of the Kingsong S22 or S20 electric unicycle.

The factory has done a good job of improving: the wheel has become more cheerful to pull from the bottom, the suspension works perfectly right from the factory.

But Kingsong failed to install the arch casing and the weight of the wheel increased.

EcoDrift.ru review on the Kingsong S22 Pro can be used to promote the S22 Pro. Very positive review.

The motor is finally fixed. The stator is not pinned. Instead, a more robust circular plastic ring structure is used to house the stator coils. The increase in radial thickness is obvious.

The rollers on the sliders are fastened to the rails by screws. Replacement should be straightforward. 

At the very end of the video, a large rider, who is an experienced S22 rider, claimed thrust or torque (I assuming at low speeds since he never got a chance to go fast due to the conditions) has increased by 30%.

Kingsong did it. After a year and a half since debut, the S20, now renamed the S22 Pro is finally out of beta, and is now ready for production. 🙂

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Paul A said:

🦅 Kingsong S22 Pro (teardown, compape)

21.4K subscribers

Feb 7, 2023

We disassemble, test and compare the Kingsong S22 Pro.

This is the expected restyling of the Kingsong S22 or S20 electric unicycle.

The factory has done a good job of improving: the wheel has become more cheerful to pull from the bottom, the suspension works perfectly right from the factory.

But Kingsong failed to install the arch casing and the weight of the wheel increased.

Looks really nice, most likely a little bit more torque but 30% more torque is really wishful thinking,  none of the technical improvements on the wheel would produce that much more torque, somewhere between 5-10% would be more realistic to hope for, the guy testing it saying it was 30% was also testing it on snow which are not great circumstances for comparing torque.

Edited by Rawnei
  • Like 1

Well. Bigger magnets and lower freespin gives more torque. And IF they also give more amperage at those speeds needed (slow and medium), you could experience lots more torque where it before did not have enough.
30% is a felt and guessed number and of course not real. But I think we are getting the wheel we first expected 1.5 years ago ;)
5-10% probably a low number ;)

Anyone want to buy my Master?

Edited by EUCzero
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Crab said:

IMG_1689.MOV 3.75 MB · 3 downloads

I think I’m digging the wheel, 16.1 miles tonight. Btw it turns on a dime at slow speeds and not sketchy like the knobby.😁

Glad to hear that you are liking it and the tire is turning well for you.  Turning sounds much more enjoyable than with stock. Does it still have an edge to it when you lean past a certain point or does it lean in smoothly and predictably all the way through a deep carve?

1 hour ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

Glad to hear that you are liking it and the tire is turning well for you.  Turning sounds much more enjoyable than with stock. Does it still have an edge to it when you lean past a certain point or does it lean in smoothly and predictably all the way through a deep carve?

Seemed very predictable, I can probably carve 6’ circles easily and I only have a tick over 20 miles on the thing. I felt it turned almost like my 16x other than you feel the extra weight. At speed it takes a lot more effort in a sweeping turn tho.

Edited by Crab
  • Upvote 1

@Finn Bjerke

Could plastic ball bearings be a solution?

No lubrication required.

No corrosion.

https://www.igus.com.au/info/plastic-ball-bearings-xiros

The rust-proof alternative to metal ball bearings

xiros plastic ball bearings according to DIN 625 require no lubrication, are corrosion-free (when using glass or plastic balls) and operate extremely quietly. This makes them a cost-effective alternative to metallic ball bearings. Made from a mixture of tribopolymers, the iglidur material plastic components are light, resistant to chemicals and non-magnetic. This ensures safe use in medicine, packaging, food processing, drive technology and many other industries.

What are the advantages of our ball bearings?

• 100% lubrication-free
  • Lightweight
  • Corrosion-resistant
  • Low maintenance
  • For temperatures up to +150°C (depending on material)
  • Smooth operation
  • High media resistance, suitable for washdown
  • Metal-free (due to the use of glass and plastic balls), therefore non-magnetic
  • Electrically insulating (or ESD-compliant)
  • FDA-compliant (depending on material)
  • Predictable service life

xiros® plastic ball bearings

6.34K subscribers

Apr 26, 2010

Edited by Paul A

10 minutes ago, Paul A said:

@Finn Bjerke

Could plastic ball bearings be a solution?

No lubrication required.

No corrosion.

https://www.igus.com.au/info/plastic-ball-bearings-xiros

The rust-proof alternative to metal ball bearings

xiros plastic ball bearings according to DIN 625 require no lubrication, are corrosion-free (when using glass or plastic balls) and operate extremely quietly. This makes them a cost-effective alternative to metallic ball bearings. Made from a mixture of tribopolymers, the iglidur material plastic components are light, resistant to chemicals and non-magnetic. This ensures safe use in medicine, packaging, food processing, drive technology and many other industries.

What are the advantages of our ball bearings?

• 100% lubrication-free
  • Lightweight
  • Corrosion-resistant
  • Low maintenance
  • For temperatures up to +150°C (depending on material)
  • Smooth operation
  • High media resistance, suitable for washdown
  • Metal-free (due to the use of glass and plastic balls), therefore non-magnetic
  • Electrically insulating (or ESD-compliant)
  • FDA-compliant (depending on material)
  • Predictable service life

xiros® plastic ball bearings

6.34K subscribers

Apr 26, 2010

Solution for what?

2 hours ago, Crab said:

Seemed very predictable, I can probably carve 6’ circles easily and I only have a tick over 20 miles on the thing. I felt it turned almost like my 16x other than you feel the extra weight. At speed it takes a lot more effort in a sweeping turn tho.

Thanks - this is exactly the type of feed back I was looking for.  Just confirmed that the eWheels street tire is the one I'll be going with!