Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

16 minutes ago, Grimm10 said:

Anyone ride the S22 yet?  Are the kickstand, front bumper and off the line torque improved?

The s20 sample unit I have here now identifies itself as an s22. Thus far the kickstand and front bumper have not broken on it and it exhibits more torque than the earlier firmware revisions.

On a more serious response, S22 is the name for the final production model which nobody has yet. At best we currently have S21 or S20 and 3/4.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Brendan "nog3" Halliday said:

The s20 sample unit I have here now identifies itself as an s22. Thus far the kickstand and front bumper have not broken on it and it exhibits more torque than the earlier firmware revisions.

On a more serious response, S22 is the name for the final production model which nobody has yet. At best we currently have S21 or S20 and 3/4.

I was just joking about an over the air update improving the bumper and kickstand. 😁

Good to hear an improvement on torque though. 👍

31 minutes ago, Robse said:

Thou shalt not make fun of this.  :efef8189d7:

Even Audi has published a conversion table to make it easier for their customers and everybody else to understand, that the number 55 equals 256 kW, and the number 70 equals 420 kW.   :facepalm:

logical & decipherable naming conventions are good 👍

Just for reference, what is the actual tire diameter (as measured with a ruler) of the S22?

Renaming this wheel is both surprisingly understandable and pathetic. And wheel names, supposedly named after tire sizes, are even more meaningless now.

Quick, which is better?!

• A software "fix" (that's what we have to believe, that it fixes... everything!)
  • A fuse or something somewhere that any electrical amateur can confirm to prevent this, guaranteed, with no ambiguity or uncertainty

Not sure what a qualified opinion of their solution is. But my unqualified opinion: I sure am not overly enthusiastic.

• Like 2

After reading a lot about problems with batteries, tires, joints, bumpers,

firmware, chargers etc. etc. on pretty much any wheel there is... including

a wheel that i then ended up not buying because there were unresolved issues

(blown mosfets.. no need to say more),   I now think that Kingsong deserves a little

praise for, after all, having taken care of the matter.  Thumbs up from here :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Forwardnbak said:

It’s just the rename for me that sits in my mouth wrong. 

it feels to me and others I think like avoidance and if this is their mentality, what else have the noticed and avoided doing during design. 

Not just you, the rename isn't sitting right with me either and I'm thinking about canceling my preorder. Kind of reminds me of Comcast trying to rebrand as Xfinity because the Comcast name is so damaged.

• Like 2

Kingsong are trying to camouflage the problem, they are not solving the problem.  Maybe theyll come up with a better solution in the coming days. Firmware upgrade is not enough. Interesting debate here:  A fuse is also needed. 

Edited by Finn Bjerke
  • Like 1

It would be disturbing if KS only changed the name, without any other substance.

Gotway has had the most fires.

Gotway changed their entire brand name to Begode.

Facebook changed their company name to Meta.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/10/28/facebook-changes-company-name-to-meta.html

OCT 29 2021

Facebook changes company name to Meta

But sceptics have suggested this is just an attempt to move attention away from the so-called Facebook papers.

The documents, leaked by a former Facebook employee, revealed how Facebook ignored or downplayed internal warnings about the negative and often harmful consequences its social network algorithms created or magnified across the world.

• Upvote 1

Essentially, the S20 has been an overhyped and failed vapourware wheel that will never reach consumers.

Long live the S22.

I’d wait another year, or never, before buying the S22 because I don’t feel software fixes hardware problems. Shizzies about to hit the fizzie with KS in the coming months.

• Like 1

If KS is merely making a name change without real efforts to ensure safety.....

If and when hundreds/thousands of S22s are released to many far away international markets....

And they start blowing up and flame throwing....

KS would suffer incredibly significant damage to intangible brand reputation, as well as tangible monetary loss in recalls.

KS have a lot at stake in ensuring the problem is actually fixed, and not just a name change to deceive customers in the short term.

I am NOT canceling my pre-order. This wheel is what I always wanted since the 1st moment I learned about EUC's. I have an S18 with a TR1 tire and Kingsong Power Pads. It's really close. And with the improvements in mechanics and design of  the S20 or S22 what ever they call it. I don't care. The thing is awesome. 

My take is that a pre production demo model was passed between multiple testers who crashed and abused it and it failed. No surprise. All EUC's are a risk. You need to be willing to accept the risks if you want to rip around on these crazy things. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I primarily ride off road. More than 80%. I see the suspension of the KS much closer in line with what I do. 

If I had to compare the two wheels to another vehical, I think of the Master as a Suburu WRX, and the S20 as Ford Raptor.

I dont believe the suspension of the Begode is really geared to being in the woods. It has a high speed rally car type look with its air canister shock and copy cat linkage. 

Also the typical wire management and overall quality for the money on a Begode hasn't really won me over. 

I am absolutely open to it. The display seems much better, there is probaby more power. But as of right now I am not totally sold on what Begode is offering as far as ride experience. 

• Like 2