Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

2 hours ago, jrhz06 said:

If I change I’m looking at Hero, Master or Sherman max. Which would you choose and why?

Going from KS to Gotway/Begode - wouldn't you be jumping from the frying pan into the fire? Almost literally. I really like my Nikola+ but the potential for fires worries me with all their wheels. I wouldn't mind if they offered a solution to existing owners (more safety conscious firmware or better batteries at cost) but they seem to simply ignore the problem and just knock out new wheels. So I'd say Sherman.

Obviously you'd do better saying what you actually want the wheel for, what speed and range, your size and experience, what terrain you normally ride over etc.

2 hours ago, FrenchUsa said:

Good compare video, seem Hero is going to get some order. I got my Hero HS shipped last week.

Suspension on those wheels is a joke.   See how it should work 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Curt8892 said:

People freaking out and canceling their order is equivalent to the rookie stock trader that panics and sells low and buys high. 

Yeah, a lot of emotion based decisions with no access to data on the forms. It's nice to ask ewheels and other 3rd party sellers about what they think because they know how many warranty requests they get on wheels and which ones are less reliable. I got the impression from the forum that inmotion was one of the most reliable manufactures as far as there wheels but if you look at the warranty requests on the V8 and V10 it paints a different picture. That said that means you can't be a batch one buyer but everyone knows you shouldn't do that anyways, even if it doesn't stop them.

• Like 1

Not sure WW would appreciate his words about the abrams cutout being added to your reaction vid in the context of the S20 fire, although I'd imagine he would have similar things to say, not cool unless you explicitly got his permission to do that. @eucVibes

Also you posted this in the fire thread, no need to post it here as well.

Edited by chanman
  • Upvote 1

On 3/28/2022 at 6:12 PM, Lukasz said:

I'm interested. I see about three inches of suspension travel, it also appears to be very well dialed in for the load without an excess of bouncing. Doing a frame by frame advance it looked like the tire was just a tiny bit shy of the PSI that needed to be in it as it appeared to come very close to impacting the wheel (rim).

Looking forward to learning more about this and the prospects for it actually going to production. Best wishes.

8 hours ago, Roadpower said:

I'm interested. I see about three inches of suspension travel, it also appears to be very well dialed in for the load without an excess of bouncing. Doing a frame by frame advance it looked like the tire was just a tiny bit shy of the PSI that needed to be in it as it appeared to come very close to impacting the wheel (rim).

Looking forward to learning more about this and the prospects for it actually going to production. Best wishes.

It has almost 6 inches of real suspension travel - 135-150mm depending on the setup, and one more thing...   weight ... 25% less than S20 ;-) with battery just 360Wh smaller than S20...  and yes, I have tendency to ride with low pressure, (it must have been around 25 psi)  I will increase to 28 for rim safety, but in my personal opinion the higher the pressure the higher the chance of wobbles.   Wheel is in real world use - over 1000km already.  I ride it as my daily driver (my total distance since I got into wheels is over 40 000km )  I have quite extensive experience with upgrades / builds as You can see on my YT. 

1 hour ago, Lukasz said:

It has almost 6 inches of real suspension travel - 135-150mm depending on the setup, and one more thing...   weight ... 25% less than S20 ;-) with battery just 360Wh smaller than S20...  and yes, I have tendency to ride with low pressure, (it must have been around 25 psi)  I will increase to 28 for rim safety, but in my personal opinion the higher the pressure the higher the chance of wobbles.   Wheel is in real world use - over 1000km already.  I ride it as my daily driver (my total distance since I got into wheels is over 40 000km )  I have quite extensive experience with upgrades / builds as You can see on my YT. 

I knew I was being conservative in the suspension travel but I didn't think I was being that conservative. :P Have you had any talks with investors yet?

On 3/28/2022 at 6:12 PM, Lukasz said:

Haha, dude your suspension remind me old french "Citroen 2CH" (I drove one back in France).

That car was so bouncy, it was ridiculously when I take a turn. You probably use those suspension LMAO

classic_and_sports_car_buyers_guide_Citroen_2CV_TB_lead.png

Edited by FrenchUsa
  • Like 1

Its a Citroen 2CV :-) Its suspension was designed to be able to carry a bucket of raw eggs unharmed over the worst roads of france.

Edited by btl
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, btl said:

Its a Citroen 2CV :-) Its suspension was designed to be able to carry a bucket of raw eggs unharmed over the worst roads of france.

YES remember this sentence, suspension works like in 2CV - super smooth.  The moment You test it You will forget about "earlier solutions like S18, S20, V11 etc"  I do not have good enough expression but this is something like You are hanging on the giant rubber band - in positive sense - ride is very smooth both on small and large bumps, no problem with suspension being "too soft"

• Like 1

Is it possible to set the tilt back and alarm speed on the s20 like you can on the Sherman? I've never had any luck with limiting on the mten, but in motion app can do it 

1 hour ago, kiitick said:

Is it possible to set the tilt back and alarm speed on the s20 like you can on the Sherman? I've never had any luck with limiting on the mten, but in motion app can do it 

I was able to do it on my S18 form Kingsong app, so it should be same for S20

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kiitick said:

I Only use EUC World on my King Song S18, but Also have No issues making these changes in the "Wheel Settings", so would expect the same options for S20.

Edited by fbhb
  • Thanks 1

On demoday I have seen different settings of tiltback on two pieces S20 in EUC World (older version, before @Seba updated it and add also BMS, but I didnt changed them with respect to distributor :). Even my 2y old KS-16S have it, I would not be worried.

• Thanks 1

It adds salt to the cut watching everyone be super stoked with the Shermax, that new wheel feel. Goodluck to them. 

Knowing my new is wheel feel is in the bin or delayed or flawed.

Just like to know so I can decide, I did feel this way with the v13 announcement. That delay switched me to s20.

if you say a date, make a date or a statement we should wait. 

• Like 1

https://www.kingsong.com/kingsongnotifications.html

Very disappointing that KS apparently didn't test the BMS short circuit protection thoroughly, as they were able to reproduce the failure mode after "several" attempts.

A hardware latch on the protection FETs would be another layer of protection that I'd like to see, but I'm an electrical engineer and tend to prefer safety at the hardware level 😥

Edited by redfoxdude
Change to KS's link