Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

12 hours ago, supercurio said:

Great new vid from Adam / Wrong Way.

Hmm, his note about S20 lights that should not be used in public is worrying me. Exacty this I was afraid, but on demo day it seemed to be OK (but it was a day).

1 hour ago, rolis said:

A few messages that sum up the NYC incident

damn, this is what I hoped will be prevented by new BMS (under normal conditions, not submerged or other extremes)

Edited by Miko.cz
more polite word choice...

The only positive I am seeing is that many of the other wheels have also been out through rigorous testing and no fires. 
all things can have one off flaws, especially likely on prototypes.

sure hope and WANT this to be the case here. 

Edited by Forwardnbak

So here my story, i have KS S18, freaking love it that wheels. I fall in love with S20 back August 2021, pre-order with eWheels and sold my S18.

February we got few videos about S20 and it was kind a disappointment based on KS marketing back last year. I decided to remove my pre-order and get Begode Hero HS. Many criticizes the Hero but I am super exiting to get the wheel this week. 

Now, I know I did the right move to cancel and order Hero. I seen many videos of Hero with positive attitude. 

My story can be follow bellow :)

USA channel:https://www.youtube.com/c/FrenchUsaEUC

French channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGeTYYYELvSqPF0Z0Is6eJQ

Well I'm out on the S20, cancelled my order. 

All the issues, ie. Weak torque off the line, clunking motor going up stairs, pieces breaking, rear weighed bias, gimmicky power pads, silly rear handle, possible suspension rails binding, inaccessible charge ports, the delays and the chincy seat had me on the edge of cancelling before

This fire is clearly a concern for me, as well as for KingSong.  This will likely delay the release even further.  The inmotion V13 might even come out before this one.

• Like 1

According to my reseller, upgraded S20s will be sent out in May including more safety and upgrades in regards to found issues and the NYC fire incident (no details as to what changes we are talking about).

• Confused 2

27 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

According to my reseller, upgraded S20s will be sent out in May including more safety and upgrades in regards to found issues and the NYC fire incident (no details as to what changes we are talking about).

This sounds great. I am sure that’s kinda what they need to say now. 
I really would like to know and understand the upgrades, and warranties.

the safety they add to the battery needs to be explained to me well to get my confidence where I want it.

I just started to really consider the master today, now they seem on par safety wise,

to BE or not to BEGODE that is the question.

Sherman max/keep v11??

V…14? (13 went missing)

didn’t want to be here so soon after watching WW video which re HYPED me  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jrhz06 said:

Preordered an S20 and can live with most of the issues as I believe the good outweighs the bad. However, the fire is very concerning and I’ll wait for KS’s response before a final decision as to whether to leave my preorder as it stand or change to a different wheel. 
If I change I’m looking at Hero, Master or Sherman max. Which would you choose and why?

I am getting Max (waiting eWheels to ship) and got Hero HS (alienRide).  One for long range and Hero for fun! Hero pricing drop from 4k to 3250. 

The master is the most directly comparable alternative and I think with a third party battery pack can be trusted not to explode. Still waiting on the initial units to be shipped out for reviews and teardowns before I make any judgements but am closely watching. But lets not derail the thread with other model discussion too much.

Edited by chanman

1 hour ago, jrhz06 said:

Preordered an S20 and can live with most of the issues as I believe the good outweighs the bad. However, the fire is very concerning and I’ll wait for KS’s response before a final decision as to whether to leave my preorder as it stand or change to a different wheel. 
If I change I’m looking at Hero, Master or Sherman max. Which would you choose and why?

I mean, stuck between a rock and a hard place, Sherman Max possibly but it's still rather new and not proven so we don't know if there is any issues with it yet, it's the unfortunate and uncomfortable truth but all new wheels seem to come with their own nasty surprises.

Best advice if you are unsure is to just wait and see with later batches.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, chanman said:

The master is the most directly comparable alternative and I think with a third party battery pack can be trusted not to explode. Still waiting on the initial units to be shipped out for reviews and teardowns before I make any judgements but am closely watching. But lets not derail the thread with other model discussion too much.

I havnt actually heard of any of the new charge limited packs by begode go up. Ever since they introduced the 3 amp charge limit ive only seen older wheels with issues. Just to say im not so sure 3rd party packs are any safer than the new packs begode already uses. I could be wrong though

2 hours ago, jrhz06 said:

With Gotway/Begode, wouldn't you be jumping from the frying pan into the fire? I really like my Nikola+ but the potential for fires worries me with all their wheels. I wouldn't mind if they offered a solution to existing owners (more safety conscious firmware or better batteries at cost) but they seem to ignore user safety and just knock out a crazy number of new set of wheels. So I'd say Sherman.

Obviously you'd do better saying what you actually want the wheel for, what speed and range, your size and experience, what terrain you normally ride over etc.

• Like 1