Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

Kingsong International made another post soon after the post on the back-to-work post. If my eyes are not deceiving me, it shows a revised S20. It looks like the boomerang is gone. The pads are repositioned, and the battery box is shifted forward a smidgen, maybe?

2 hours ago, techyiam said:

Kingsong International made another post soon after the post on the back-to-work post. If my eyes are not deceiving me, it shows a revised S20. It looks like the boomerang is gone. The pads are repositioned, and the battery box is shifted forward a smidgen, maybe?

You mean this one?

018832F9-746E-44E1-BB16-9B193722DA81.thumb.jpeg.b1abfa070ad1f6a5b990729a52beb7b3.jpeg

I think the screw holes for the wings are still there, and the residue of the old pad position still shows. I don’t think the battery has been moved either, though I didn’t directly compare old photos.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

I think the screw holes for the wings are still there, and the residue of the old pad position still shows. I don’t think the battery has been moved either, though I didn’t directly compare old photos.

I have to agree with @mrelwood here, as this just looks to be a regular pre-production S20 set up to someone's own personal preference (you don't need to have the boomerang on, it's Only 2 Philips screws anyway, pads can go where you want them or use other brand as preferred!)

The battery being moved would need a big engineering redesign (so not very likely).

Nothing New to see here folks, normal (delayed) service is resumed! 

Edited by fbhb

2 hours ago, mrelwood said:

You mean this one?

018832F9-746E-44E1-BB16-9B193722DA81.thumb.jpeg.b1abfa070ad1f6a5b990729a52beb7b3.jpeg

That's the one.

I think you are right. Good eye there.

Hmm, now I am curious.

Kingsong International is Kingsong's official YouTube Channel. Kingsong is officially promoting the S20 with that image, showing a S20 that has been hacked. Kingsong doesn't sell used euc's. Marketing can't be happy with that? Unless, there is more to it? 

Edited by techyiam

1 hour ago, fbhb said:

The battery being moved would need a big engineering redesign (so not very likely).

I don't know about a big engineering redesign. 

It could be achieved by changing some dimensions slighly on the spider structural piece (ie. At the center, reposition the bore and 4 axle bolt holes together horizontally slightly towards the rear.)

Can the pedals be moved forward?  It looks like there are 2 possible positions.  I heard that removing the boomerang and moving the pads forward can help with better performance/balance.  Moving the pedals to coincide with these adjustments would be helpful I'd think.

Edited by Grimm10

Message from the S20 Telegram group (guy says that he has direct contact to sales representative of Kingsong):

"Kingsong sent 40 of their employees to the battery/BMS factory today in case to help"

"So probably we could have the batch 1 in 2-3 weeks"

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Grimm10 said:

Can the pedals be moved forward?  It looks like there are 2 possible positions.  I heard that removing the boomerang and moving the pads forward can help with better performance/balance.  Moving the pedals to coincide with these adjustments would be helpful I'd think.

this are the pedals mounted in a forward position (L/R switch). seems to ride better. but then his jumppads are still in the 'same' position like other riders. heel-support at the rear corner of the battery is similar to the ARTech's video with the grizzlypads and others which all ride the pedals in the standard position. so his foot probably hasn't moved that much forward. but hard to tell ....  in one of the very early chinese s20 videos one test rider drove the pedals like that too, but not sure if i want them to stick out that much in the front... 

vQ5fIXe.jpg

4 minutes ago, Blunzn said:

first mods are coming. I still miss some small minimalistic metal cage part that supports the rear part of the seat and protects the oil container a bit. then the 'emergency' seat can maybe be a better 'racing' seat :) 

mITqjsN.jpg

from https://www.facebook.com/groups/kingsong/permalink/4899144860161515/ 

That's pretty cool, looks can probably be refined but very nice base!

21 minutes ago, Blunzn said:

first mods are coming. I still miss some small minimalistic metal cage part that supports the rear part of the seat and protects the oil container a bit. then the 'emergency' seat can maybe be a better 'racing' seat :) 

mITqjsN.jpg

edit: and https://www.facebook.com/groups/kingsong/permalink/4897424213666913/

It looks awful but also significantly less dangerous when falling on you during crazy off-road adventures.

I'm sure we'll see owners coming with extensive padding ideas to protect the wheel weak points (shock) and themselves when it rolls out.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Blunzn said:

mITqjsN.jpg

edit: and https://www.facebook.com/groups/kingsong/permalink/4897424213666913/

Kingsong design team probably full of rage 😆 you hid the whole wheel! 
Now it looks like a prototype of a car when nobody must see how it really looks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

While I'm certain that KS are working on various refinements and FW tuning I would take things written on telegram with a dash of salt, those are not from official representatives and until verified they are rumors.

For example it's been mentioned that they are improving the suspension with no details what that would entail, it's not official information and could mean anything could mean nothing.

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, supercurio said:

And we have got the mosfets! But they are mounted with the necessary info the other way so we still dont know 😂

EAA5D7C3-6773-4592-8829-854264C0A2B4.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Thanks, that was an interesting read, not many new things stand out, the big takeaways I could find:

• Front lights are not waterproof, can probably be fixed with some silicone, but yeah..
  • The sliders again, nothing new but same problems seen by ecodrift, interestingly they wrote (google translate):

Which seems they are making some kind of improvement?

So besides those things and what is already promised to get fixed like bumpers I think it looks pretty damn solid?! (Hopium) 🤔

The sliders are the only thing that worries me. I am not confident in longetivity of the channels. At least I was expecting a sleeve for the sliders extra to the battery box indentation. 
So if things eventually grind down, you could change both the sleeves and sliders. Just like in engines you have sleeves for pistons