Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

Rumors of a new Kingsong suspension wheel named S20 confirmed. Official reveal August 26, 2021. These are the leaked photos and specs.

S20-Specification-Summary1_1800x1800.thumb.jpg.18f50aa7fb25ccea923117e397cf11b2.jpg

20" tire. 126V. 3300W motor. 2220 Wh battery. 70km/hr. Dual 10amp charging. Integrated display, seat and kickstand. Spiked pedals comes standard. Adjustable power and jump pads. Wow!

Tentative: $3200 USD. 66lbs/30kg. Expected delivery Dec 2021 - January 2022.

Suspension System:
DNM RCP-2S 240-75 spring suspension, 750lbsNon-linear dampening, 130mm suspension travel (30mm more than S18), 75mm spring travel (57mm for S18),  

Motor Power:
3300 Watts (7500 watt max). 40 degree climbing angle. 70km/hr (43.5 mph) top speed. 105 km/hr (65 mph) free spin speed. Custom 60mm hollow bore motor, custom bearing seals and temperature monitoring. 

Controller:
Modular controller integrates lights, charger, on/off, and display. 4-layer design. 12 high voltage MOS  TO-247. 16 heatsink columns for fast heat dissipation.

Battery:
2200 Wh. LG50LT 21700 5000mA, 120 cells. Smart BMS. 10amp dual charging. 4 hour charge time. 200km est. range. Comes with 6amp charger.

IMG_2726.jpg

IMG_2725.jpg

IMG_2724.jpg

IMG_2722.jpg

IMG_2723.PNG

IMG_2728.JPG

Edited by mrelwood
Rumors of S20 confirmed / S22 added.
  • Like 3

Agreed about the size.

If it is a 18x3 the body doesn’t look big enough for batteries to be an interesting alternative to the S18.

Edit: the two different images could be two models, it’s the same design language. Could just be someone having fun or the seller profiting though.

Edited by null
  • Like 1

That too. And if that is the pedal height before a rider compresses the suspension, it’s either going to compete with the super low pedal height of the Tesla, or the non-existent suspension travel of the EX. Maybe even both.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

These are the images that go around. Notice how they are completely different designs?

94478A9D-65EE-4993-AAC0-40C14C6F37AD.jpeg

8DF5B94A-8348-4EC1-8BDC-20FDFB4A8221.jpeg

The internet is full of HOAX. These photoshopped images even look really shitty. I'm sure @Rehab1can create a much better one! :thumbup:

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Simply_Striking said:

I don't see where 2700wh batteries would go... That makes me believe this is a fake.

Indeed.. or that the 2700Wh batteries are fake info; a few weeks ago some YouTuber made a poll about what people wanted, the results made it straight to the rumour mill as "facts"..

I went to bed excited after watching GGG leak/rumor vid. Now waking up to reality.

Thanks a lot guys. Kin u spel Debby Downer ?

gonna go ride my wheel.....

Edited by OldFartRides
  • Like 1

One will recall the pictures of KS16X when it was launched. A bit later we got to see prototype that neven came to be. That is the center piece of this aprils fool pic. I am surprised so few picked that up. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Unventor said:

One will recall the pictures of KS16X when it was launched. A bit later we got to see prototype that neven came to be. That is the center piece of this aprils fool pic. I am surprised so few picked that up. 

The thing that looked like the rock wheel render? I can't recall there was any view of the handle that looked like this. I'll try to digg it up.

edit: For ref  Here are the Rockwheel renders that probably inspired the 16X: it has the same tapered outer shape. (Looking good, early 2018)

edit 2: Oldest 16X renders I can find, they are fairly close to final on the handle.. The "purple light" renders are the same 3D.

Edited by null
  • Like 1

There are a few things that look off on the pic.  Some parts of it look a bit out of whack. 

The shark 20 font looks a bit odd. 

Even the back fender looks a bit off. 

I am not claiming fake, because if KS is working on a 20in suspension wheel, this is prob not far off from what it may look like.

I sort of expect kingsong to show something soon. Maybe very close after inmotion pulls the rest if the curtain off the v12. 

Edited by jimjam.nyc
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, null said:

The thing that looked like the rock wheel render? I can't recall there was any view of the handle that looked like this. I'll try to digg it up.

edit: For ref  Here are the Rockwheel renders that probably inspired the 16X: it has the same tapered outer shape. (Looking good, early 2018)

edit 2: Oldest 16X renders I can find, they are fairly close to final on the handle.. The "purple light" renders are the same 3D.

This should be right now. If I recall right I found it on a Russian forum.

Some things just glue on my mind others things not so much (I am silly stupid at names, music and film titles). 

Edited by Unventor
I added wrong link before.
  • Like 1

On the OverWheel FB Page: 

OW SHARK 20
Overwheel will get its wheel in 2022?????? 🤔🤔
2500 W-2700 Wh-20 inc.

Does this sound like the wheel is King Songs?

Are OverWheel and King Song the same company? 
Release date shows 2022. Is that when KS planned to release a 20” wheel? 
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Overwheel seems to be an Italian dealer: https://www.overwheel.it/

Here's the link to the FB page for anyone interested: https://www.facebook.com/overwheelitalia/

I’m sorry, all my questions on the Shark 20 being seen as a King Song  were passively rhetorical.  

3 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

King Song has a brief history of allowing other people's branding on their wheels, maybe that's happening again?

On a wheel coming out in 2022? 

• mrelwood changed the title to Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)
  • RagingGrandpa locked and unlocked this topic