Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

5 minutes ago, UniMe said:

how do you carry this EUC?

You don't carry it, it carries you :D Sorry, couldn't resist! Seriously though, the consensus is that you carry it like a Sherman or Commander: there is the front handle, and another one somewhere under/behing the seat.

• Like 2

On 11/9/2021 at 1:24 AM, Miko.cz said:

36sec of new video of hard terain tests (uploaded 5d ago on YT by euc life)

I think the suspension looks pretty responsive. Also, the power shown by spinning out starting at 0:16 in the video seems pretty impressive to me.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Tawpie said:

I get the feeling that rider has somewhat more experience (and a boatload more skill) than I do. Someday...

I thought I'd have a boatload of skill by now, but it got stuck at sea waiting to get in to Long Beach.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jon Stern said:

I thought I'd have a boatload of skill by now, but it got stuck at sea waiting to get in to Long Beach.

Seriously though, this is some troubling Sh!t. This is definitely going to impact all pre orders and any future parts for our beloved wheels. With EWheels service and parts dept going up in smoke, I doubt Alien Rides and EUCO can pick up the slack before they are cleaned out of parts. They all get their wheels and parts from the same place and all have to go through the ports in California. :(

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 5Cauac said:

all have to go through the ports in California

I know it's all contracted years in advance, but our silly port in Seattle has idle cranes "all the time". But we probably only allow fair trade vegan organic sustainably made from ocean plastic through our port. But those are just stickers, right?

• Like 3

It’s heavy because compared to the S18

it has a hollow motor

a cheap crap Chinese pit bike shock that is heavy 

the knobby tyre which is also 1.2kg heavier than the 18x3” tyre

then the battery which is about 4kg heavier than an S18 pack

and it all adds up to a lot

we currently can not have it all

want to go 70km/h and have suspension and a 2.75-14 knobby tyre, then the price of admission is 36ish kg

id actually prefer Inmotion make a V11 update 

bump it up to 100v revise the air chambers and leave the wheel alone largely, they could bump the battery to a 100v 2700wh easily only by making the wheel slightly wider, being significantly slimmer than the S20 even changing to a 2 layer pack it’ll still be significantly narrower even 24s6P

and with Inmotion pedal logic and safety it’ll be prob the best all round wheel you’ll be able to buy cap it at 70km/h with stability smoothness safety speed and range it’ll be hard to beat

the S20 and Hero will be better off road in extreme conditions, but then that said I’ve seen V11’s being bashed harder than S18’s

• Like 3

personally, I want to cruise endlessly at 40-45kph, and to run up occasionally to a top speed of 55kph without ever having a concern that the wheel is going fail. hall sensors falling off is a new realization to me, one that I wish wasn't true. Truly, shouldn't sensorless, or another type of redundancy, be a mandatory safety requirement (a place where some regulation would actually be helpful?).

I'd prefer the shock to have 2 settings, like the front shock on my bike. Partially locked out and a bit lowered for fast road situations and long, sloppy, travel for off road. The technology exists, but we really need to get past rudimentary (and as you mention, heavy) components in use now. I think the design of the IM suspension wheel would allow for the swapping in of front bike/motorcycle shocks without a lot of adaptation... perhaps in partnership with a well known suspension manufacturer? I'd toss in extra cash for an option of high end suspension. just mount the seat directly to the post that usually goes to the handlebars LOL -- that would rock!

Edited by UniMe
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, UniMe said:

hall sensors falling off is a new realization to me, one that I wish wasn't true. Truly, shouldn't sensorless, or another type of redundancy, be a mandatory safety requirement (a place where some regulation would actually be helpful?).

I think Kingsong has already implemented Hall sensor redundancy in the S20. They are certainly working on it.

See  2min 28seconds in of this vlog for details..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaZHyoZI2nU

• Like 1

The second video above might be the first to properly show the headlights in action! They actually don’t seem half bad. Although, they are adjusted quite low, and they don’t have any of the sharp upper edge of the V11 light beam. So might be a bit blinding if adjusted higher for higher speeds.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GoldenOne said:

I think the main concern for me personally is the fact that the suspension shock is protruding outward, rather than being surrounded by the metal bars like it was on the s18. 

One good knock to that and its dead.... 

I keep looking for dents and scrapes on the suspension but the vids are not high res enough to tell.

• mrelwood changed the title to Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)