Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

KingSong delivered great products before Jack and they will do after. I personally expect the same level of production quality and innovation (and stuff-ups) from KingSong without Jack. These things are typically depend on the culture/philosophy of an organisation rather than one talent. I suspect S20 was largely Jack's baby. But it may be a little bit too ambitious for any manufacturer at this stage. Who knows, maybe they could be better off if they just stuck with a more conservative approach to their next wheel design (as per the neighbouring thread started by Jason about the voltage)... 

But it is thrilling to think what "great" looks like looking at the renders of S20. So, thanks Jack! Let's see what you can do for the wider industry in coming years! ;-)

• Like 2

Hi folks. I'm new here. I've preordered the S20 as well. To be honest, I had it with the suspension issues and constant pumping of my S18. I'm really hoping the coil suspension is the answer to all my issues. The design of S20 is awesome looking. Jack did a great job. I just hope the weight and height won't be an issue in maneuverability. We'll see.  :)

Al. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

The display is right sized for the wheel! My old eyes should be able to see that. Without readers!

It does look easy to see. I wonder how it does in direct sunlight? DOes it ONLY show speed? Oddly enough, I never look at my speed on my sherman. More important for me has always been battery level. Does the ks20 screen have options to show the important information like temp/battery, or just the ego information like speed? I wonder if the speed is inflated, making it about as usefull as an ice cube in alaska, and just as honest as a politician..

Edited by ShanesPlanet

1 minute ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Does the ks20 screen have options to show the important information like temp/battery

I hope so, but I also really hope that configuration options are kind of low on the priority list at this stage.

I do expect that because the display is a bunch of giant dots rather than a proper "screen", you may not be able to show very many things at the same time. It'll probably cause much gnashing of teeth.

5 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

I hope so, but I also really hope that configuration options are kind of low on the priority list at this stage.

I do expect that because the display is a bunch of giant dots rather than a proper "screen", you may not be able to show very many things at the same time. It'll probably cause much gnashing of teeth.

it would be nice if you could select what information or make it 'scroll' from one to the next. Tho I agree, theres more important things to worry about. It aint like I wouldnt toss a samsung on it with eucw and hide the screen in the end, anyhow. Im looking forwards to how these turn out after about 6 months... I guess it would be WAY too much to ask for, if one wanted to be able control settings from the wheel/screen as Veteran does.

Edited by ShanesPlanet

40 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

The display is right sized for the wheel! My old eyes should be able to see that. Without readers!

I agree, the display looks well thought out. Looking down to see anything is not a good idea, at least the made it big and clear.

4 minutes ago, AtlasP said:

If that's a 3inch tire, then in that video the rest of the wheel looks crazy-wide by comparison.

No kidding. But I guess a jockey can pilot a thoroughbred at 40 kph, and they're fairly wide. I thought they stuck a 2.125" tire on that it was so skinny.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1

• mrelwood changed the title to Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)