Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

I am a big guy so big wheels work well for me. I have owned a Monster and I currently own a Sherman. The big wheels are fun once you get them up to a decent speed, but they lack low end power/punch. Having a large-ish wheel (18,19,20 -all the same as far as I am concerned) with suspension and enough power/battery to be fun off of the line sounds like something I have been wanting for a long time. 

I would rather stay hopeful at this point in time given our current choices of performance and/or suspension wheels.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, AtlasP said:

we have the threats of fire left and right

You're exaggerating a lot - I have multiple wheels and I feel zero threat from fires, absolutely zero. Fires are extremely rare.

11 hours ago, AtlasP said:

It seems no-one is yet aiming for what I consider the sweet spot: 18x3 + suspension + 100v speeds + 1800+ Wh. I don't want larger than 18" (with the reduced torque/accel/braking) nor higher than 100v speeds or electrical risks. Just give me the best of the high-end 18" wheels from a few years ago with the promise of the suspension wheels as evidenced this past year, without compromises. I'll pay.

I agree with you there. If the V11 had an RS-HT motor and 1800wh it would be the perfect wheel for me. Someone take my money!!!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tryptych said:

You're exaggerating a lot - I have multiple wheels and I feel zero threat from fires, absolutely zero. Fires are extremely rare.

These are the fires known about/reported on this forum just in the last 3-1/2 years:

On 1/18/2021 at 12:31 PM, Asphalt said:
Gotway: 13
Kingsong: 3
InMotion: 1
Segway: 1

And no doubt there have been more than just reported on this forum.

Perhaps our thresholds for concern are just different, but I don't have to exaggerate for those numbers to reach my own personal threshold of considering it a serious problem.

• Like 2

It would be interesting to know how many of those fires were in standard wheels ( esp batteries) using standard chargers.  Buying a dedicated lithium fire extinguisher and or fire proof cabinet could help overcome  concerns if anyone has them.  Although having the fire extinguisher is probably not a bad idea anyway. 

On 8/7/2021 at 1:37 PM, The Brahan Seer said:

It would be interesting to know how many of those fires were in standard wheels ( esp batteries) using standard chargers.

It would also be interesting to know whether the wheels had had substantial crashes. We all fall off from time to time but Gotway does attract high speed riders and I'd expect the crashes to be a lot harder. They also tend to have larger battery packs which means there's more inertia in the pack. It would be interesting to see more details on the wheels concerned: model of wheel, battery size, 100v or 84v, does the owner have a fast charger, was the wheel charging at the time of the fire?

• Like 2

Hey guys the King Song S20 Eagle will be officially announced on Thursday, August 26th at 7:00AM PDT. King Song has put up a countdown / announcement website https://www.kingsongs20.com/ check it out and let me know how excited you are about the eminent announcement of a 20” bigger more powerful suspension wheel from King Song.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, div said:

Nice, at least it should be polished and available by next spring.

I heard rumor that KS is shooting for a Winter 2021 release, but that could be the standard 50 unit first batch followed by a true rollout a few months later. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Big Man Riding said:

let me know how excited you are about the eminent announcement of a 20” bigger more powerful suspension wheel from King Song.

About the announcement? Barely at all. As most humans learn from experience, we should now know that until the production version of the wheel has reached several customers capable of detailed and critical judgement on build quality, the excitement may wear thin a bit fast.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Tawpie said:

Oh. My. Goodness.

Gracious.

Me.

You must be new?

More difficult to produce than bitcoin. Value as ephemeral as Doge. They are to be cherished, hoarded, scraped together and guarded like few other things in life. They are more precious than Gollum's precious. They can bail you out when you slip and actually answer "does this make me look..."? You need them when you space an insignificant event, or gaze just a fraction too long. They are the balm that makes domestic tranquility even possible, the very currency of forbearance. If you have a good enough stockpile and the phase of the moon is right, you can trade them for keeping your tee time rather than spending the afternoon with the in laws (anything involving in laws usually burns the entire cache BTW).

I have no idea how you've survived as long as you have not knowing about these things—your innate spousal management skills must be unimaginably sharp. You have just cause to be disappointed with those that raised you for failing to enlighten you on this essential life-fact.

But now, rejoice in your newfound knowledge and go forth in happiness.

I know a lot of this is tongue in cheek, and if you are in a good relationship it's generally fun and games, but woe for the husband acquiring HP in a bad relationship, as a single guy though it just makes me glad I'm still single.

Want the new xbox, go buy the new xbox, the only entities I have to run my purchases by are me and my fidelity investment account.

When I want a new wheel the determining factor will be money and whether the wheel is finally available in a relatively quality controlled version

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

My wife doesn’t require any such things either. She even lets me keep my workshop AND my mancave. She understands if feel the need to stay on the computer when she goes to bed. She never nags about the group rides that take a whole day, and she’s actually even eager to learn riding herself.

I just don’t know which dating site I’ll find her at. 

I am in a similar situation, and I have gone with a twofold approach to maintain the status quo...

1. Flowers (delivered regularly)

2. Gin (with minimum quantities maintained)

It's worked well so far, but I do need to keep supplying new wheel options for her to try too...   :thumbup:

Edited by The Fat Unicyclist
  • Like 2

• mrelwood changed the title to Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)
  • RagingGrandpa locked and unlocked this topic