On 9/16/2021 at 10:40 AM, That Guy said:

So, @Jack King Song, how was the ride?... ;-)

The ride was good. I havent pushed the limits yet, but I assume next week I'll be doing that. 

On 9/17/2021 at 2:39 AM, itsmark said:

IDK what suspension the S20 comes with. When I asked @Jack King Song a few pages back he said that the current (at the time) specs of the S20 on the website were wrong and that it would come with a DNM RCP-2S which was then updated on the FAQ page of the website (and still shows). Now the site has a new page, https://www.kingsongs20.com/spec, that lists the shock as a GR-27RC (IDK what this even is, I can't find anything on google). Maybe old specs were copied onto the new part of the site? Also, does the wheel come with a 5A charger or a 6A charger?

It's 90% most likely going to be DNM. 

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As you may have heard there are some rumours being spread. When a private chat is screenshotted and taken out of context it becomes a very dangerous situation. I'm here to help clarify a few things th

I agree to be honest with everyones point and really its all about finding balance.  As you know if you've been in the EUC community or worked for any of these companies, these companies includin

KS are evaluating three tire options: the Kenda 262 (same as Sherman), K272 a hybrid type of tire & the CST C-6004. My vote is with the K272, it has a ton of tread for +5000 mile longevity, looks

Posted Images

On 9/16/2021 at 6:07 PM, Lukasz said:

Key is to start with "warm" wheel - so that it is stored in the heated room, and after the ride - before You charge it - it would be good to wait a few hours so temperature of the cells stabilize 

Yes it's fun to ride in winter. I'm in Montréal and I was out on my Nik+ every day in January and February when the temperature was above -10C and the roads were dry (most bike paths are covered in snow and ice). Some friends with studded tires would even go riding on the frozen St-Laurence River (near the shore). 

When getting back home, I would usually wait an hour to let the wheel warm up before charging it. 

No problem at all doing this, you just get about 20% less range. I dress like I'm going downhill skiing and I have a blast! Fresh falling snow and Nylonove pedals go very well together! 😁

Heated soles in the boots are a must though. 

Edited by Patrick Robert
On 9/17/2021 at 4:03 PM, Paul A said:

@mrelwood

4oC is cold.

45oC in summer is nothing unusual.

-15•C is too cold.

+28•C is too hot.

On 9/17/2021 at 4:03 PM, Paul A said:

Just seems weird that the refrigerator can be warmer than outside. :huh:

Just doesn’t compute that the air temperature can be hotter than skin temperature. :lol:

See all those little holes in the path made by feet people? This is why I’m on the preorder list… snow is way fun!!! I was riding my 16x on the stock H666, am hoping the S20 tire works as well!

Edited by Tawpie
3 minutes ago, winterwheel said:

-33c is my coldest commute, not counting windchill which at 40kmh riding speed takes it down to -51c.

That is very brave as battery chemistry have a hard time at those temps. 

Just now, Unventor said:

That is very brave as battery chemistry have a hard time at those temps. 

I keep an eye on the temperature; start warm, the commute is only 6kms, the goal is to get to work before things cool down to the point of being a problem.

58 minutes ago, winterwheel said:

-33c is my coldest commute, not counting windchill which at 40kmh riding speed takes it down to -51c.

That is totally and utterly mental. Kudos.

7 minutes ago, fryman said:

Is this the s20 thread?

Yes. :-)

We're all just hanging here and killing time waiting for any photo or comment from @Jack King Song from his first try of the s20, or any leak or speculation at all from any unverified source...

So, what temperature are you riding your wheel, @fryman? :-)

1 hour ago, fryman said:

Is this the s20 thread?

We were debating operation temp. You will see that if you go back a few post why.

8 hours ago, winterwheel said:

As a fellow Canadian I enjoy a good snowstorm (the sound of it, so nice!), but -33C is just nuts. C'est inhumain! 

Unless you're training to go to Mars, of course. We'll need EUCs there also!

//

About the S20, I don't use my S18 in winter. Not sure about getting dirty slush inside the suspension columns. It's steel after all. And all those exposed screws. 

I prefer to use the Nik+ for the cold season. It's a warm wheel, so it should lose a bit less range than the exposed batteries of the S18. 

I probably won't use my S20 in the snow either. 

Edited by Patrick Robert

I have whole playlist of winter videos... on the yegwheel channel... here's a nice relaxing one shot on the V8: