Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

image.png.99c6e514f10ef877335ec78f9dbd73b3.png

One remark -  "operating temperature" can be in fact from -10°C but it would be good for KS to put note that storage temperature before such winter rides shall never be below +20°C  .   Li-Ion cells will not charge at -10°C at all and shall not be operated in case cell have such low temperatures as they will not be able to provide enough power, also cells deterioration will be very fast in too low temperatures.

Edited by Lukasz
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Paul A said:

We never get snow in the cities, didn't think people would ever ride an EUC in freezing temperatures on snow.

Might try out the S20 on our snow ski mountains one day.

Kościuszko Mount region in Australia has enough snow to ski afaik.. ;-)

(I live less that 500 meters away from Kościuszko Mound - heaped mound within XIX city fortifications  for a commemoration of his life and fights)

I count on the first test batch of S20 to reach us in December - so with some chances to test it on the snow as well

Edited by Lukasz
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Eucner said:

Some EUC Extreme's insane winter riding without spikes. This could be fun with a S20.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gNVUmCPErw

Yep! those are high speed fun rides.   Guys in Moscow do such things on the busy full of cars ice-covered streets which is extremely dangerous ...

Imagine if Daniel Craig were to ride an EUC through the snow, in a chase scene, for the next James Bond 007 movie......

Would be a worldwide explosion in EUC recognition.

Think it might push EUCs to be legalized everywhere, especially a change of heart in the UK.

4 hours ago, Paul A said:

Ride an EUC at -10oC?

Wouldn't driving a car be a better option...

“Better”… as in how?? You’ve seen my latest video, which should give a slightly different scale for something to be “better”. ;)

We never get snow in the cities, didn't think people would ever ride an EUC in freezing temperatures on snow.

I could say the same about temperatures above +27•C! :lol:

C’mon, riding on snow is an experience like no other! Just like when learning to ride the magical feeling of being able to control the ride on a single wheel amazed you, riding on snow has the same kind of surreal “alpine skiing on flat ground” feeling. It’s really something, and ever since I got my knobby tire spiked a few winters ago, I will definitely be riding through the winter in the future as well.

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 1

Imagine if idris elba* were to ride an EUC through the snow, in a chase scene, for the next James Bond 007 movie......

Would be a worldwide explosion in EUC recognition.

Think it might push EUCs to be legalized everywhere, especially a change of heart in the UK.

Corrected you there. ;)

On the other hand, having the villian goons/gun fodder/red shirts riding EUC against "James Bond" would be just as hilarious, cool and interesting. 

@mrelwood

4oC is cold.

45oC in summer is nothing unusual.

Thanks for the idea of getting a spiked knobby tyre.

Think villains in one of the James Bond movies had spiked motorbike tyres.

Might try out the S20 on the ski mountains without snow in the summer, and again with a spiked knobby in the winter.

Just seems weird that the refrigerator can be warmer than outside. :huh:

Edited by Paul A

10 minutes ago, Paul A said:

@mrelwood

4oC is cold.

Might try out the S20 on the ski mountains without snow in the summer, and again with a spiked knobby in the winter.

Just seems weird that the refrigerator can be warmer than outside.

Global average temperature is around 1-2°C so even -25°C is a more "normal" temperature than +45°C. Add in the global warming and you see how "unusual" your climate is. If the temperature is higher than your body temperature, you live in a weird place. 

• Like 1

Is it really okay to use an EUC below freezing? I know you aren't supposed to charge li-ion batteries below freezing (it damages the battery) and its not like you can turn off the regen you get with EUCs. Even if you didn't have regen, is it okay to discharge li-ion in below freezing weather?

• Like 2

@mrelwood

4oC is cold.

Just seems weird that the refrigerator can be warmer than outside. :huh:

Global perspectives are funny :)

There were times in my early adult life when I worked outside in temperatures that were below -30C. if my eyes watered at all from the wind when I blinked my eyelashes would freeze together lol Do a bit of a distance spit and it bounced off the ground haha

I think @winterwheel rides in Edmonton, Alberta through the winter. It is routinely below -20C there in the winter. The fridge is way warmer than outside, so is the bloody deep freeze

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Paul A said:

@onizukagto

Good idea, Idris Elba as the next Bond.

Or maybe Jodie Whittaker could be the first female 007 (Jane Bond?).

James Bond, reaches in to a backpack, and whips out the Mten3 to make a stunning getaway...

The national hero of UK gets the EUC legalized in an instant. :D

I'm really beginning to wonder if the UK actually wants to legalise micro mobility. The way we are going if trains had been invented 5 years ago the UK would still be walking because we hadn't even legalised riding horses while the rest of the world got on with the benefits trains produce. Our politicians claim the UK is at the forefront of green /eco/ whatever  but we are a very distant last behind pretty much every one else. I despair of the UK i really do. 

• Like 2

On 9/14/2021 at 9:28 PM, spitfire1337 said:

First non render look 👀Screenshot-20210914-212039-Facebook.jpg

Just realized what looked off about the physical prototype (aside from being hamster sized like @Jon Sternsaid haha) - the wheel / spokes are silver as opposed to black like in the renders.  Hopefully the final version has a black wheel.

• Like 2

On 9/16/2021 at 10:40 AM, That Guy said:

So, @Jack King Song, how was the ride?... ;-)

The ride was good. I havent pushed the limits yet, but I assume next week I'll be doing that. 

On 9/17/2021 at 2:39 AM, itsmark said:

IDK what suspension the S20 comes with. When I asked @Jack King Song a few pages back he said that the current (at the time) specs of the S20 on the website were wrong and that it would come with a DNM RCP-2S which was then updated on the FAQ page of the website (and still shows). Now the site has a new page, https://www.kingsongs20.com/spec, that lists the shock as a GR-27RC (IDK what this even is, I can't find anything on google). Maybe old specs were copied onto the new part of the site? Also, does the wheel come with a 5A charger or a 6A charger?

It's 90% most likely going to be DNM. 

• Like 3

• mrelwood changed the title to Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)