Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

Just now, RagingGrandpa said:

It's got the torque of the 16X, the speed of the C30's, and the ride of the S18! Sounds excellent for aggressive paved-surface riding.

This is exactly what I assume, even tho marketing sells more wheels when they claim its an 'off-road' beast. Some us us think offroad entails more than flat groomed dirt.

2 minutes ago, RagingGrandpa said:

I think the best EUC we have for this type of terrain today is MSuper C38 + fiberglass bodyguard; and S20 is not going to improve upon it.

Unfortunately the MSuper has the old axle design which is a big downside for a heavy rider doing more advanced stuff whereas the hollow design is most likely much more durable, I also believe that suspension might change things a bit by offloading the motor in certain scenarios.

• Like 2

On 9/12/2021 at 10:03 AM, UniMe said:

None of the existing wheels are really there yet and need to be 'babied' to not burn them out, blow up the suspension etc.

I ride the EX hard and fast, technical off-roading included, I don't baby it in any way. 245lbs.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2021 at 8:32 AM, RagingGrandpa said:

"Onewheel trails" ;)

I see this kid riding a onewheel pretty fast around my apartment community with no helmet or wrist guards.

There's that part of me that wants to say to the parent "hey I ride EUC's and helmets and wristguards are important on those, and one wheels are even more prone to cut out and result in particularly bad falls when they do so maybe get a full face for your kid and some wrist guards".

But...I just mind my own business cause I don't need some parent being like "why you watching my kid" when I'm not and I just noticed them while walking my dog.

• Like 3

Pedal height question. Sorry about the mixed up post. My experience trail riding has been that pedal height is a real limiting factor. I hit objects often. The S20, as I read the specs is higher but gives that height right back with the shock. I.e. the effective height is still about 6.x inches. Any suggestions from others on managing hitting roots and rocks and/or EUCs that have done better there. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Twerd68 said:

Pedal height question. Sorry about the mixed up post. My experience trail riding has been that pedal height is a real limiting factor. I hit objects often. The S20, as I read the specs is higher but gives that height right back with the shock. I.e. the effective height is still about 6.x inches. Any suggestions from others on managing hitting roots and rocks and/or EUCs that have done better there. 

Pedal clip just goes with the territory. That said, riding slower, leaning the wheel away from the projection, and walking the wheel through really tough spots are all things that help. I know some people shim their pedals into a “v” position as well.

I get more pedal clip as I get wore out.

Keep the rubber side down and enjoy !

P.S. Just looked at the stock s18 pedals and they are already slightly tilted up. Don’t think I’d want them shimmed up much more.

Edited by OldFartRides
P.S.
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, spitfire1337 said:

First non render look 👀Screenshot-20210914-212039-Facebook.jpg

Little did people know KingSong is a master of tinder level forced perspective pics and this is just a 2 inch model 

14 hours ago, eucVibes said:

well now you just ruined my fun 

Edited by Heyzeus

16 hours ago, Twerd68 said:

Pedal height question. Sorry about the mixed up post. My experience trail riding has been that pedal height is a real limiting factor. I hit objects often. The S20, as I read the specs is higher but gives that height right back with the shock. I.e. the effective height is still about 6.x inches.

I’m not sure how or if you have confirmed this number, but the S20 has both a 3 position pedal height adjustment and a preload adjustment for the suspension spring. Everybody should be able to get close enough to their preferred riding height.

It took me a group off-road section to understand how fundamentally the V11 has transformed my ability to simply ride through so many obstacles that all other wheels, S18 included, have trouble with. The pedal height at a “regular” sag is absolutely marvelous for just the kind of riding you talk about.

If I’m not mistaken, the unloaded pedal height of the S20 will be close to that of the V11. The S20 has a longer throw, so it should ride a little lower than the V11, but we should definitely not be talking about any “regular” pedal heights.

7 hours ago, OldFartRides said:

Pedal clip just goes with the territory.

Hmm. I don’t seem to think so. The only times I’ve clipped a pedal in the last 12 months was when shortly trying out an S18… :lol: I was so used to the “accessibility” of the V11 that I didn’t come to think of how much lower I was riding. The roots tried to eat me.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, OldFartRides said:

Pedal clip just goes with the territory. That said, riding slower, leaning the wheel away from the projection, and walking the wheel through really tough spots are all things that help. I know some people shim their pedals into a “v” position as well.

I get more pedal clip as I get wore out.

Keep the rubber side down and enjoy !

P.S. Just looked at the stock s18 pedals and they are already slightly tilted up. Don’t think I’d want them shimmed up much more.

S20 will have 3 pedals positions set in similar way to S18 - so 10mm up or 10mm down from middle position. For S18 custom nylon pedals can be set higher using thin aluminum sheet used as spacer, but key for the proper contact with wheel is that You keep the grip even when water/mud/snow gets on the pedals   

779145778_sizecomparison.jpg.316d712ddac

1327899569_pedalswithopenersS18.thumb.jp

Edited by Lukasz
  • Like 1

IDK what suspension the S20 comes with. When I asked @Jack King Song a few pages back he said that the current (at the time) specs of the S20 on the website were wrong and that it would come with a DNM RCP-2S which was then updated on the FAQ page of the website (and still shows). Now the site has a new page, https://www.kingsongs20.com/spec, that lists the shock as a GR-27RC (IDK what this even is, I can't find anything on google). Maybe old specs were copied onto the new part of the site? Also, does the wheel come with a 5A charger or a 6A charger?

Edited by itsmark

29 minutes ago, That Guy said:

image.png.99c6e514f10ef877335ec78f9dbd73b3.png

Just realised, I will be able to ride this wheel only for a year or two... Better get it sooner!... :-)

I am doomed already! 

btw - as some of You may know I produce mods for S18 - one of the last US customers which we chatted a while with  stated that he is 78 years old and he rides S18!

• Like 3

• mrelwood changed the title to Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)