Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

12 hours ago, Jack King Song said:

2. The second rumour is that Kuji is going to get the S20 Eagle for review this week, this is also not true. I do not intend on using my good friend Kuji as a test dummy. When we are at that stage we will confidently send Kuji an S20 for video collaboration.  We will however be releasing content with actual product (not renders this month)

This is rumor? I think who preordered from ewheels receive this info directly from Jason.

1 minute ago, Jia Liu said:

This is rumor? I think who preordered from ewheels receive this info directly from Jason.

You think? You're not sure? So it's a rumor? ;)

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ugoaps said:

"Testing" a charger? The wheel is already in pre-sale and weeks to go on the market, and are still testing chargers? The message they are giving to potential buyers is that it is a wheel finished in a hurry, with the quality problems that this usually brings. These things make many of us wonder if we are interested in buyng it.

Dude….CHILL!!!!!!

This is typical of any new tech product that is coming out or has a pre-order months ahead of release. Even collectible toys have these issues; an Optimus Prime figure on pre-order 4 months before release didn’t even have a confirmed rifle design until a month before release.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, evX_Mick said:

Welcome to the underbelly of the industry, where jason does things to pressure companies to do stuff faster and or better. It's unfortunate it came out like this, but now you've been red pilled lol.

Thanks @evX_Mickfor the update regarding Jason’s super powers. Love it; “now you’ve been RED PILLED”. Clearly a Matrix reference. 

Edited by Sumako

2 hours ago, fbhb said:

Unfortunately, faster never equals better!

Let King Song take their own time to get this one right I say - Yes, we All want it yesterday but what's the point of pressuring to ultimately get an unfinished/unpolished product!

My 2 cents, for what it's worth. 

Jason pushes them on every wheel release otherwise they'd take like 5 years to get them out with little to no upside for the delay. This is China not USA manufacturing. 

I'll admit I can't see the point of having over 100v either. My Nik+ goes fast enough to get me in trouble. I know there are a few individuals who want to go at silly speeds but the majority of us probably stick to more sensible speeds. I think Seba did a study of the data fed into EUC world and 90% of riders rode 15mph-25mph (I can't recall the exact numbers). I appreciate you guys have already designed the wheel, and it looks great, but I can't see the point of the big voltage jump. Could anyone say the pro's and cons of doing this? 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Augus said:

In Spain for example, any EUC ceases to be a personal mobility vehicle if it exceeds 100V, and it becomes illegal.

Interesting. I didn't know that.

I must admit, crazy high voltages don't seem to help our case for legislation. Especially when no legal ebikes here are over 42v. I don't think theres anything in law to say they can't be, but given our 250w output limit, one has to ask why anyone would want more voltage for such a measly output. With EUC's, the lawmakers may be asking the same question. Mind you, 100v isn't exactly low either I guess.

40 minutes ago, PourUC said:

It's not about raw speed. It's about current overhead. 

Then why not just run more cells in parallel instead of series?

I honestly don't know why KS have gone this high on voltage. The Sherman does just fine re overhead on 100v.

That said KS aren't daft so there must be a good reason.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

The Sherman has dropped people low speed torquing because the high current burns the board.

I'm not aware of a slew of people getting slow speed cut-outs because of burnt boards on Shermans (taking aside OH Hill and the looney riders trying to go up 45deg inclines), but I take your point.

The option of course is to simply build a better board.

11 minutes ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

A torque motor with high voltage like the S20 is supposed to have eliminates these issues

I get that more voltage = less current requirement but are there really that many 'normal' riders who are burning their wheels up? Especially KS riders who aren't known for their riding lunacy.

I'm not knocking KS for doing this, I'm just not entirely sure it's necessary for any wheel, let alone one that isn't intended for speed. In short, if someone wanted a hugely powerful 30~35mph tops wheel, just wind a really high torque motor, strong board and 100v in 10P format. A bit like an RS HT but with an ever torquier motor wind, maybe an inch or so smaller wheel diameter and a 10P pack instead of 6P.

It's not like running 126v doesn't bring with it it's own problems anyway.

As I say, props to KS for at least venturing into this, but I have yet to see a well-explained reason why they did, given that IMO you could do it with 100v if you really wanted to. I do stand to be educated though :)

• Like 1

• mrelwood changed the title to Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)