Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

1 hour ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

I wouldn't get too worked up just yet.  eVX playing games.  It is on the NYC telegram chat.  Jack is leaving KS, but doesn't seem to be related to this.  eVX said on telegram that S20 is still 126v.  Perhaps Jack or Mickey will be kind enough to clear this up for us.

I should rephrase my previous post.  eVX made a sarcastic comment in a EUC youtubers chat that Jack created.  Marty apparently took the sarcastic comment out of context and tried to make it a thing.  Or so I gather from the comments in the NYC telegram chat.  

Apparently Jack has something else in the works next.  I wouldn't automatically assume that his leaving KS has anything to do with the S20.  Let's wait to see Kuji's review in a few weeks before letting panic set in.

• Like 2

On 9/9/2021 at 1:32 PM, Rollin-on-1 said:

eVX made a sarcastic comment in a EUC youtubers chat that Jack created.  Marty apparently took the sarcastic comment out of context and tried to make it a thing.

Re: "[taken] out of context"--a troll being accidentally taken seriously is the fault of the troll for their dishonesty in communication, not the poor individual who innocently (if naively) doesn't understand trolls.

Edited by AtlasP

7 minutes ago, AtlasP said:

Re: "[taken] out of context"--a troll being accidentally taken seriously is the fault of the troll for their dishonesty in communication, not the poor individual who innocently doesn't understand trolls.

I think knowingly taking it out of context is the accusation...but what do I know.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Beachboy said:

OMG, 126V is the key selling of this wheel and if they dont deliver.. I can see riders will left KS for sure..

I would be just as interested even if it were a 84V wheel. While I do not believe the rumors of it not being 126V, I’d rather have a very reliable 100V wheel than 126V experimental wheel. With the top speed limited anyway, there’s just no real benefits from higher voltage. Even the lift speed was announced to be the same as V12. 

But, in any case, if they announce 126V and only two weeks later change it, that tells me something is not right at the company. Inmotion is also not working properly at the moment. Both companies lost their marketing people within a year. Could be the pandemic messing them up. 

(But most likely it will be 126V as announced)

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, itsmark said:

Did you change to a 5A charger so that users can buy 2 chargers for 10A fast charging?

You could add a 4A charger, it should be cheaper than a 5A. There seem to be a jump in price when going over 500W. (ie 126V@5A)

Edited by div

39 minutes ago, div said:

Just to mention it while @Jack King Song is still here, using a single powerfull charge plug would be nice to avoid too many things in parallel (pins and plugs)

The Neutrik powerCON TRUE1 TOP for example can take 16A at 220V on a single weatherproof, locking connector.

On the other hand dual port means that a broken pin in a port doesn't make service needed before a ride. 

There are benefits to both solutions. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

On the other hand dual port means that a broken pin in a port doesn't make service needed before a ride. 

There are benefits to both solutions. 

Yes pins can break, but in the case of the Powercon it uses large flat contact surfaces that should be fairly strong. One could argue that the connector could break for mysterious reason, and a second is a safety, but then you can also double all the components because who knows..

To get back to paralleling things: if one of the parallel wires (or pins) break, the power transfer will continue working but with an overload on the remaining wires, and more risk of an actual accident than with single contact that either work or doesn’t. (From risk mitigation in 3D printing)

Anyhow, from someone who prefer travel with a single powerfull charger as that is his main use for rapid charging.. To each they own.

Edited by div
  • Like 2

"Testing" a charger? The wheel is already in pre-sale and weeks to go on the market, and are still testing chargers? The message they are giving to potential buyers is that it is a wheel finished in a hurry, with the quality problems that this usually brings. These things make many of us wonder if we are interested in buyng it.

53 minutes ago, ugoaps said:

"Testing" a charger? The wheel is already in pre-sale and weeks to go on the market, and are still testing chargers? The message they are giving to potential buyers is that it is a wheel finished in a hurry, with the quality problems that this usually brings. These things make many of us wonder if we are interested in buyng it.

This question have been covered extensively a few pages back.
The alternative is that the constructor isn't as open to discuss the product on social media, which would, IMO, be a loss for us.

Edited by div
  • Like 3

• mrelwood changed the title to Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)