Solowheel classic vs xtreme

David S

Hello everyone, I've owned a solowheel classic for about 2 years now and am considering upgrading to the xtreme. Has anyone ridden both? I am fine spending the money if it is a significant upgrade. Also I have read about a firmware upgrade for higher speeds? How would i get this if I ordered it off amazon?

Having both and have been riding Classic also for couple of years, I can assure the upgrade is massive. ;) Riding comfort, I guess, is the main thing, no other EUC so far (I've tried quite a bit) comes close. The combination of 18" wheel, chunky tyre, long pedals, relatively high shin-pads and thin & extremely minimalstic shell is the "secret". And definetely go for a 22 km/h version (which can be pushed to 24-25 km/h) - hopefully it is possible in US. You can't change/upgrade the firmware afterwards yourself, it must be done by authorized reseller. 

Is it worth? Well, it depends, but if you really use it, then definetely. It is quite funny to step on the Classic now and then, after getting used to Xtreme. Classic feels like riding on the needle. :) 

Thanks Gp, thats the assurance i was looking for in order to justify buying it. Is it possible to get the fast one if i order from inventist themselves? I use mine everyday, Mostly for walking my dog, but also for short trips.

On 12/27/2015 at 9:18 PM, MetricUSA said:

At any rate they have no need to have small battery, any more, as airlines seemed to completely band lithium powered vehicles....

What's your source?

David, you've got to ask Inventist directly I guess... ;) 

Solowheel EU offers this speedier FW option, if you are willing to sign a weaver that you don't blame anyone but yourself when faceplanting at 16+ km/h. ;)  May be Inventist is taking safety a bit too seriously, but on the other hand, it is quite wise to "remind" the user that past 16 km/h it is not a very good idea to step off...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived