EUC World 2.6 is coming

3 hours ago, Halig said:

where could we see the complete changelog ?.  In the Play store it indicates that it is on the web, but I cannot find it.  And thanks for the update ... daytime mode is great for me to see the map well (although I would have preferred it only for the map, which was what looked bad with night mode ... but the changes are very good 😉)

It looks like the link to the release notes was accidentally removed during the translation of the EUC World site. I will fix it ASAP.

https://euc.world/downloads/EUC World Release Notes.pdf

• Like 2

On 5/10/2021 at 4:41 PM, supercurio said:

EUC World is a native app, running continuously in the background once started, and communicating with the wheel via Bluetooth (Low Energy)
Web apps can't run in the background, and can't connect to Bluetooth devices on iOS.

This suggestion has no technical feasibility. Asking first if things are possible, or how or why is generally more helpful.

This answer to my “Idea” was so helpful until we got to this part; “This suggestion has no technical feasibility. Asking first if things are possible, or how or why is generally more helpful.”

That last line had ZERO community feasibility or importance. And to top it all off; telling me how to present my idea? How condescending.

The worst part about this engagement is we don’t know each other. We’re completely faceless. However in reality we’d get to know one another, be cool and never type or speak or speak back and forth in such a jejune tone. 

EUC World 2.6.2 still refuses to work with a relatively new Ninebot S2, just beeps twice and remains disconnected, just like 2.4 versions. Firmware: master control 1.1.0, BLE 1.1.2, BMS 1.1.9. No password is set. Happens both on an old phone and on a very new Samsung. The Ninebot app and WheelLog both work without issues.

9 hours ago, ppp said:

EUC World 2.6.2 still refuses to work with a relatively new Ninebot S2, just beeps twice and remains disconnected, just like 2.4 versions. Firmware: master control 1.1.0, BLE 1.1.2, BMS 1.1.9. No password is set. Happens both on an old phone and on a very new Samsung. The Ninebot app and WheelLog both work without issues.

Please send me an issue report from app menu. I have One S2 with 1.1.9 firmware and it always worked great, so there must be something different with mine and your wheels. Also I see there are numerous tours ridden with Ninebot One S2 and EUC World 2.6, so I think your issue is wheel-related. I'll be happy to resolve it and help you using EUC World with your wheel.

2 hours ago, ppp said:

Sent. Note that trying to do that sadly says "An unknown error occurred, please try again later" on my old phone.

Thank you for you report. It seems that your wheel has different Bluetooth Low Energy signature. I will include it in next EUC World release. Error when sending issue report means that there are some connectivity problems. 

• Like 1

Seb

Thanks for all the hard work you put into euc world. The app keeps getting better and better. The community is lucky to have you doing it. 

I have a question about the new feature "Battery circuit resistance" in euc world 2.6.  I understand it is an indication of battery health, but have no idea what how to evaluate it.  I am thinking lower is better and am getting .21-.23 ohms on my kingsong 18l; is this good? What is a normal range?  What value range would be worrisome? 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, buggydanny said:

I am thinking lower is better and am getting .21-.23 ohms on my kingsong 18l; is this good? What is a normal range?  What value range would be worrisome? 

Ks18l has a 20s4p 18650 liion battery (1036Wh). 0.22 ohm is 44mOhm per which shoild be more or less whats specified in the datasheet.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, buggydanny said:

Thanks for all the hard work you put into euc world. The app keeps getting better and better. The community is lucky to have you doing it. 

Thank you :)

16 hours ago, buggydanny said:

I have a question about the new feature "Battery circuit resistance" in euc world 2.6.  I understand it is an indication of battery health, but have no idea what how to evaluate it.  I am thinking lower is better and am getting .21-.23 ohms on my kingsong 18l; is this good? What is a normal range?  What value range would be worrisome? 

Battery circuit resistance is a sum of several resistances. The first and most important is the internal resistance of the battery, which @Chriull has already mentioned. The rest are the resistance of the battery wiring, internal BMS resistance and battery connectors resistance. For wheels like the V11, 18L/XL, or S18, a value of ~0.20 ohm is normal and indicates a properly functioning battery circuit. Of course it doesn't mean that battery is good, as while battery circuit resistance may be good, battery may be significantly unbalanced.

• Like 2

Thanks for the quick reply, glad to know that their are not any obvious issues.   Guess there is know way of knowing if battery pack is out of balance (unless you have a ninebot) or perhaps a newer imotion wheel.  Have always felt comfortable that the battery is balanced after a full charge (an hour or two after green led on charging brick) and getting to full voltage (84.5 on my 18l). Should I keep feeling this way? Is there any other testing that I can do to get an understanding on battery health?

On 6/2/2021 at 8:15 AM, Seba said:

For wheels like the V11, 18L/XL, or S18, a value of ~0.20 ohm is normal and indicates a properly functioning battery circuit.

Does battery resistance estimation happen during riding?
Or during recharging?
Does it require HS110?

(I couldn't tell, thx)

2 hours ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Does battery resistance estimation happen during riding?
Or during recharging?
Does it require HS110?

(I couldn't tell, thx)

No, it doesn't need HS 110 or any other extra hardware. It will work with any wheel except Gotway, Begode, Veteran and Inmotion V5 or older. Battery circuit resistance estimation is a multi-phase algorithm that doesn't give instant values, but instead needs to gather some data during no-load and load conditions. Usually, during a typical commuting ride, BCR value is recalculated several times per hour.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Simply_Striking said:

@Seba Next updated estimated range based on average riding and estimate battery volts...?

It's already on my "todo" list, but first I need to make further improvements to battery level algorithms.

• Like 2

On 5/27/2021 at 5:12 PM, supercurio said:

Glad you found some of my message helpful.

As a developer who interacted with users in forums and online communities myself for many years (similarly to @Seba's position today), I shared this advice on how to submit requests for better results with you as it's factual and comes from a place of experience.
It's possible you can't accept this suggestion in case it makes you feel bad, triggering an unpleasant chain of reaction, but it's not the goal.

It's true that we don't know each other but I'm not faceless. There's my picture right here! Eating this massive ice-cream. Hi!

Anyway, not feasible unfortunately.
Reliable, multiplatform apps with background & Bluetooth LE capabilities are not really feasible in this day and age.

@supercurio- Curious, what platforms do you develop for?

8 hours ago, Sumako said:

@supercurio- Curious, what platforms do you develop for?

A few but I've been working primarily on Android since 2010, usually in connection with some hardware (audio, display, building a phone,  Bluetooth low energy devices, speakers, car sharing..).

Initially my only revenue was from paid apps, so I know it's not easy every day, including depending on the feedback from users. That's why I felt a bit protective of him following your messages, sorry if that came out weirdly.

I'm a little envious of @Seba tho, and highly admirative for building EUC World: both app and website which is an incredible amount of work and a fantastic achievement for a single person!

Instead I'm working lately with Android Automotive cars, also with data collection. EVs as well mostly, but not as cool as wheels.

Edited by supercurio
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dear @Seba

1 question

&

1 bug list on latest version 2.6.4 (maybe also previous version)

Question:

where can i see which functions are supported for which wheel?

##bug list, gw tesla 1 & veteran Sherman

- When I'm connected i har this tingling sound every 30sec to 2 minutes, 5-6 times in a row, then quiet a while then repeat. Have not been like that on older version, have had it entire 2021. This makes alarms useless as i hear tingling all the time so i hope there is a solution for this :)

## bug list Veteran Sherman, FW 1.0.58

- Horn does not work (works on tesla and yes its set to on board :)) even though its set up as single tap on screen. (Light works though)

- "enforce regulary compliance does not work. Tiltback stays at set speed. Would be VERY HANDY especially on the Sherman due to its speed. (Works on the tesla, or at least did when o tested it several versions back, even from samsung active watch)

- change of ride mode does not work to change, but i can read current setting (hard soft and so on)

- persistent head light mode does not work and also light on/off from menu doesnt work (but light on off from screen tap works, so prob easy to fix)

- battery level & speed distance correction greyed out = guess not supported on sherman?

- cant see the power draw on the dial

- also i cant find tiltback speed (lile on the tesla), guess its not supported from the app?

Edited by Boogieman

4 minutes ago, Seba said:

I have to create such list first. It's not easy, as some features changes without notice with new firmware releases. Unfortunately, I don't get any information from EUC manufacturers, so I rely on my users and my own experiences & feedback.

Please make a video with this behaviour. There is lot of possible cases and I need to hear this sound and see how app main screen looks at the moment sound is generated.

It's because there is no horn in Sherman :) You can use any BT portable speaker (JBL Flip or something similar) and use Bluetooth Audio horn mode.

Again, it's because Sherman doesn't support setting speed limit (tiltback speed) from the app. I hope they will introduce such feature in future firmware versions, as I fully agree that this is very handy.

I will take a look into these issues, thanks.

It is supported, but these options are unavailable when tour recording or data logging is active, as any change made during data recording would make recorded data inconsistent. Disable CSV recording and finish tour recording to make changes to speed/distance corrections and battery level settings.

This feature is not yet supported in Sherman, as I need to make some research on this wheel to create coefficients for mathematical model used to convert phase current to battery current.

Will you be putting the upgrade option for the sherman  ,newest firmware is 1.58 and can now update though there new firmware?