EUC World 2.6 is coming

I have an android phone and just purchased a fossil gen 5 watch (wear os) and I've been unable to find a way to download the app on my watch. Apparently Google has disabled companion apps for new watches, which may be the issue. Is there a guide someone can recommend for getting euc world on the watch? 

In 2017 Google moved from watch apps being bundled in the phone APK to stand-alone watch apps. As of March 10, 2021 Google no longer supports bundling. Watches need updates so they load apps on their own, or you have to side-load older apps onto the phone that have the watch "mini-app" packed with the phone app (your mileage may vary on this). 

8 hours ago, Clanat said:

I have an android phone and just purchased a fossil gen 5 watch (wear os) and I've been unable to find a way to download the app on my watch. Apparently Google has disabled companion apps for new watches, which may be the issue. Is there a guide someone can recommend for getting euc world on the watch? 

• Like 2

Really liking the Charging Control functionality @Seba, very cool. I can even get out of Bluetooth range from the wheel and when I get close again it reconnects fine without showing any problems. You obviously tested for that.

Can I suggest two updates? 1) A countdown timer, so that when you get back home you turn the wheel off, connect it to the charger (which is also off at the HS110 switch), and hit charge. After the set delay, it will start charging automatically. This would allow for some rest for the batteries between discharging and charging, automatically. 

And 2), how about an estimated time to completion (now to the time that the switch will be turned off. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Patrick Robert said:

Really liking the Charging Control functionality @Seba, very cool. I can even get out of Bluetooth range from the wheel and when I get close again it reconnects fine without showing any problems. You obviously tested for that.

Can I suggest two updates? 1) A countdown timer, so that when you get back home you turn the wheel off, connect it to the charger (which is also off at the HS110 switch), and hit charge. After the set delay, it will start charging automatically. This would allow for some rest for the batteries between discharging and charging, automatically. 

And 2), how about an estimated time to completion (now to the time that the switch will be turned off. 

I have highlighted this in the beta tester comms. So @Seba see it 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Help! I was happily using EUC World with Pebble watch on all my euc's a few months ago. Then I took the winter break, today when I try to connect to my wheels (Nikola+ and MSP), EUC World can't find any of them. It's on the latest version. The wheels show up in the bluetooth settings, but when EUC World does the scan, it can't see it. Any tips? 

10 hours ago, Jia Liu said:

Help! I was happily using EUC World with Pebble watch on all my euc's a few months ago. Then I took the winter break, today when I try to connect to my wheels (Nikola+ and MSP), EUC World can't find any of them. It's on the latest version. The wheels show up in the bluetooth settings, but when EUC World does the scan, it can't see it. Any tips? 

Try download "bluetooth pair" app into android phone. Clear old devices and try reconect again. This app help with devices what normaly not want conect.

Turn on euc and wait 10 min and try conect. I remeber my MSP (was brand new) need long time to show in phone pair menu.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jia Liu said:

@Jia Liu, have you enabled Smartwatch on your EUC Settings?

Thanks for the suggestions! I downloaded WheelLog, and it connects to the wheels fine. And after that, EUC World can see and connect to the wheels too. Don't know why, EUC World may need to register itself to the system as a compatible app for the bluetooth of the wheel??

BTW, when I choose model, should I choose MSuper Pro C38 for my MSP high torque?

On 4/11/2021 at 6:31 AM, Sumako said:

The second point I have brought up is if not iOS, then maybe EUC World could be a web based app. Again...WIDER Access for all in the community. 

EUC World is a native app, running continuously in the background once started, and communicating with the wheel via Bluetooth (Low Energy)
Web apps can't run in the background, and can't connect to Bluetooth devices on iOS.

This suggestion has no technical feasibility. Asking first if things are possible, or how or why is generally more helpful.

Edited by supercurio
  • Like 3

On 5/8/2021 at 3:17 AM, implausible said:

Seba,

Any chance 2.6 will fix the battery drain issue on my Galaxy Active Gear smartwatch?

Iggy

Battery drain? All wateches have small batery and should not run nonstop anything. Example i have ticwatch pro 2018 wear OS) and if i set brigitnes to max and hearth rate monitoring is active i can drain battery in 120 minutes if use always on on watch.

Same watch brigitness 50% hearth monitor off battery keep 6+ hours.

If i just use "Watch" if realy "need" this mean hearth rate on brigitness 100% NFC ON just use dedicated buton to start eucworld if i want see speed power consumption etc. Watch keep battery hours just not use permanently ON display most time anyway look at route trafic situation and landscapes no reason you watch must bee always on.(my watch have dedicated/programable buton to start eucworld after push inmediatly if no need i push other buton and watch goes to "sleep" mode but keep receive data and measure hearth rate)

Same like any smartphone if you use full brigitnes and place phone on table with fullscreen video/game you baterry died in 3+- hours on all phones on world.

Euc friend have sherman and galaxy active gear watch and never complain about battery drain or anything bad about eucworld he love how eucworld work.

Maybee try looking "problem" somewhere else or use some ordinary battery tricks maybee you can try reset watch to default/factory state and try again.  

All this is based on my own personal experience nothing more. And no i no use save watch batery function in eucworld.

Thanks, but I'm not the only one seeing this.  There's another thread here on the forum about it, started by someone else, to which no one other than me has replied.

And while yes, watches have small batteries, 30 minutes of use with EUC World shouldn't drain it, and certainly shouldn't be triggering the watch itself to say "EUC World is causing heavy battery drain - close it?"  For comparison, I used a Pebble for a couple years with no similar issue, so yes, a watch's battery can, and has, been adequate to support the app.

Seba - if there's nothing that can be done, fine.  Just tell us, and I'll drag my Pebble back out of whatever dusty bin I threw it in.  But if there's a software fix to the battery drain issue, would love to see it.

Greg

• Like 1

Hi. Can't find official suggestions and features thread, so I'll try here. 

Request: support multiple bluetooth output sources, if phone supports it. So you can pass AVAS to bluetooth speaker, and voice messages to bluetooth headphones. I understand, that it's pretty specific, but maybe I'm not alone here :) 

Thanks for great app @Seba, EUC community is lucky to have you.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Synton said:

Hi. Can't find official suggestions and features thread, so I'll try here. 

You can (and should) start a new thread :)

20 minutes ago, Synton said:

Request: support multiple bluetooth output sources, if phone supports it. So you can pass AVAS to bluetooth speaker, and voice messages to bluetooth headphones. I understand, that it's pretty specific, but maybe I'm not alone here :) 

Unfortunately Android doesn't support routing audio streams. It always mix audio from all apps and send it to active output device. While in some devices (like Samsung phones equipped with Dual Audio) you can have two (or even more) audio devices active at a time, they will still output the same audio stream.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Seba,

again, hats off Dude! My Premium account has been extended again, the next 12 beers go on me !

I like the new current determining system for Gotway/Begode/Sherman wheels. So the battery current is a mathematically value from the wheel reported motor combined phase current and the PWM % value?  If it is calculated totally differntly, i'd be happy to read your explanation.

About the Wh/km value in the gauge, would it make sense to average that with like, the values form the last 5km and then calculate an estimated left range?

Greetings,

Stefan

2 hours ago, Seba said:

the relationships between battery current, motor phase current and speed

2 hours ago, Seba said:

This information, combined with information received directly from the wheel  served as input to a numerical method called "curve fitting".

If you can add another parameter, battery voltage should be regarded.

For the same output burden (motor phase current and speed) battery current will change with battery voltage. As battery voltage can change between ~3.0-4.2V per cell) the battery current changes reciprocal.

• Like 3

where could we see the complete changelog ?.  In the Play store it indicates that it is on the web, but I cannot find it.  And thanks for the update ... daytime mode is great for me to see the map well (although I would have preferred it only for the map, which was what looked bad with night mode ... but the changes are very good 😉)