THE THOUSAND MILE CLUB THREAD!

dpong

I stopped measuring somewhere around 1500km mark (as my bike computer got smashed in the BMS cut-off -debacle with the new packs), but I believe my total mileage should be above 1600km, so I'm probably in the 1000 mile-club :P  That's for the Firewheel alone, on top of that I've ridden around 300km on the 14" generic and something < 100km with Vee's MCM2s.

7 hours ago, dpong said:

Ah, and 1000 miles happens to be 1609.34 kilometers.  You kilometer riders are welcome.  But if you wish a 1000 kilometer club, kindly start your own thread, my friends.

:lol:B)

Was about to ask that question, if we needed to get 1000 kms or a lot more.
Quite a lot. How long did it take you to reach this milestone?

Just now, Tyred said:

Was about to ask that question, if we needed to get 1000 kms or a lot more.

I got the Firewheel at the beginning of June, and reached the 1500km somewhere around the end of August, so little less than 3 months, about 500+km per month. At best, I rode around 65-70km in a single day (3 * 20-25km trips).

2 hours ago, Tyred said:

5 months to the day, from my Amazon delivery notification to the date on the first screenshot that captured 1000 miles on the odometer.  Easily that would average 200 miles per month.  However, I must say that in November and especially December my riding has not been nearly as much as it was in the summer owing to the weather.  In the summer I'm certain my average was quite a bit higher.  Like 10 miles a day for 30 days was more like 300 miles a month.  My average has fallen.  

Like @esaj this is not my first wheel either.  I received the Airwheel X8 in March of this year and learned to ride using it, right up until roughly July 4th when I had a face-plant riding it.  For the roughly 4 months I was riding the Airwheel I'm sure that my per month average was quite a bit lower than 200 miles.  With no odometer and no App, I have no way of knowing how many miles I put on the X8. 

As a side note, since March 2015 I have lost 20 pounds, doing nothing different but riding these wheels.  In my earliest videos I was packing quite a gut, that is now mostly gone.  Mostly.  But you can see I was riding aggressively in terms of hours per day to achieve that.  I was no casual rider to attain that. 

We had a very rainy and cold summer here in Finland, so I believe my mileage would be probably at least twice that if not more, had the weather been better... Hopefully next summer will be warm & sunny. :)

9 minutes ago, esaj said:

We had a very rainy and cold summer here in Finland, so I believe my mileage would be probably at least twice that if not more, had the weather been better... Hopefully next summer will be warm & sunny. :)

We had a great, though hot, summer.  But the heat doesn't stop me.  Sadly we are into a rainy and cold season and it is now dark by the time I get off work.  Looking forward to Spring with excitement. ;)

On 25-12-2015 at 4:06 PM, dpong said:

As a side note, since March 2015 I have lost 20 pounds, doing nothing different but riding these wheels.

You lost weight just riding the wheel? No offence, but you weren't used to a lot of physical activity then?
Because I personally can't imagine losing weight by just riding the wheel. Great job though, another advantage of the EUCs!

4 hours ago, Tyred said:

You lost weight just riding the wheel? No offence, but you weren't used to a lot of physical activity then?
Because I personally can't imagine losing weight by just riding the wheel. Great job though, another advantage of the EUCs!

That's right.  I was a desk-jockey.  And also, I was not just riding the wheels a little bit.  I was riding over 2 hours per day 7 days per week.   Because I was out of shape, and because I did not change any other habits, I am able to understand which muscles are affected.  Riding the wheel the way I do tones up all of your core muscles starting from the ankles and reaching all the way up into the shoulders.  Midsection is a given. 

1 hour ago, Tyred said:

Laughed a little at this one. :P 
Did you actually have muscle soreness the first times you rode one then? I can imagine a certain soreness in legs and abs?

ABSOLUTELY!  It was killing me, @Tyred

Archived