Modifying/cutting fenders to fit off road tires on an S Plus

I have an S Plus.  Has anyone cut the fenders?  I envision cutting at the beginning of the curve outward and then cutting the over sized fenders from M4M to fit and using brads, screws or perhaps glue to fasten.  I'm looking for ideas from someone who has tried this.  I use it as my disc golf cart.  I would like to put the off road tires on it for more clearance when going up steeper hills and of course better traction.  I don't ride it on the course unless there is a long smooth patch between holes.  I just use the follow me mode and it works great as long as it is relatively flat.  It seems to be governed in remote/follow mode and doesn't have the power to climb anything steep.  If I'm riding it, it will go up relatively steep hills if paved.   

20 hours ago, msunderl said:

I have an S Plus.  Has anyone cut the fenders?  I envision cutting at the beginning of the curve outward and then cutting the over sized fenders from M4M to fit and using brads, screws or perhaps glue to fasten.  I'm looking for ideas from someone who has tried this.  I use it as my disc golf cart.  I would like to put the off road tires on it for more clearance when going up steeper hills and of course better traction.  I don't ride it on the course unless there is a long smooth patch between holes.  I just use the follow me mode and it works great as long as it is relatively flat.  It seems to be governed in remote/follow mode and doesn't have the power to climb anything steep.  If I'm riding it, it will go up relatively steep hills if paved.   

I have a plus and just ordered all terrain tires from AliExpress. Supposedly they fit without modding fenders.

US $31.98  18% Off | Xiaomi Mini PLUS Scooter Tyres 70/80-6.5Tubeless Vacuum Tyre  Off-Road DIY Tire for Xiaomi Mini PLUS Balance Scooter Upgrade
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mMG3jqR

I just received them a day ago and haven’t been able to mount them yet. 
also be aware it’s cheaper to buy one, checkout and then buy another one. The shipping is cheaper and they would not correct it so I did single tire orders and they shipped them together 

• Like 1

On 3/30/2021 at 12:27 PM, Willy99 said:

I have a plus and just ordered all terrain tires from AliExpress. Supposedly they fit without modding fenders.

US $31.98  18% Off | Xiaomi Mini PLUS Scooter Tyres 70/80-6.5Tubeless Vacuum Tyre  Off-Road DIY Tire for Xiaomi Mini PLUS Balance Scooter Upgrade
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mMG3jqR

I just received them a day ago and haven’t been able to mount them yet. 
also be aware it’s cheaper to buy one, checkout and then buy another one. The shipping is cheaper and they would not correct it so I did single tire orders and they shipped them together 

Good advice!  Thanks.  I may go that way, but one of the things I want is more clearance that the larger tires will provide for when I'm pulling it up steep hills.  I don't want the platform dragging the ground, if I can help it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, msunderl said:

I look forward to hearing your mounting story!  I'll probably take mine to a bike store.  I'm easily frustrated with difficult physical tasks (I'm old!) and I hear it's a rather difficult project.

Here is a video about mounting tires similar to what you purchased.  He had fender rub on one side, but was able to fix it.  Good Luck and let me know how it goes!

• Like 1

Got tires mounted. Wasn’t too bad. Used soapy water and big 15 inch tire irons from harbor freight. Soap rim and tire. Use one iron, pull tire below rim, straddle tire iron to hold in place, use another tire iron to go across from first, pull down, hold with hand, use third tire iron to start working it on. Took a few tries but no cussing :)

tires rub a little on one side like in video so I will bend fender mounts like he did 

• Like 1

Took off bottom cover, accidentally broke the speaker (I think) that’s mounted on inside of bottom plate….  Took off fender brackets and bent and reinstalled and worked like a champ. Everything works and no rubbingblmbjod.jpg

• 2 months later...

would you recommend solid tires on s-plus?

does s-plus has same tire size as s?

tires on my new s-plus cracked, cannot figure why,  did not overinflate, put maybe 50 or 55psi. they now leak air