V11 firmware 1.2.22 available now! (March 29. 2021)

mrelwood

Yo guy can someone help me I seized my v11 got sent a used replacement by ride and glide I have turned it on and it worked went out got back next time I turned it on it was asking for a firmware upgrade 1.2.22 so I installed now wheel will not turn off or do anything I’ve deleted app and downloaded it again still nothing happing it likes up with Bluetooth and allows me to do something but it will not balance please can anyone help me thanks jon

• Like 1

On 4/30/2021 at 10:53 PM, Oleg said:

Guys, I need your help. 
So, I updated the software for my v11 today, run diagnostics, and the wheel started to tilt forward.

Okay. Making a note in case if anyone gets the same issue. 
You need to contact the manufacturer, it can be done with help of your local seller or directly by email. Then you have to open your inmotion app, go to diagnostics mode, press and hold the diagnostic icon to allow the remote access, and IMCSV is going to calibrate batteries remotely.
In my case it wasn’t enough so they sent me another firmware update and it did the job. 
Stay safe!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Yes, a few days ago the Inmotion app started offering a firmware update, despite the FW being the same version that’s already installed. The BLE and Driver board versions are newer though.

The description of the update is the same as it was in March, so it isn’t known precisely what the update changes. I did notice however that the IM app now shows 84.1V after a full charge, when it used to show around 83.4V. That might’ve gotten me a few miles of additional range, although I’ll have to ride more to know for sure.

I also seem to get the app connected to the wheel faster.

• Like 1

I updated the firmware to 1.2.22 many weeks ago, but for the last month or so I've been getting these 'new firmware detected' messages every time I start the app. If I confirm the install, I get a dialog that indicates 'null V11-firmware' with an option to 'upgrade'. Selecting upgrade momentarily pops up a message that says 'download failed' but the app still thinks it's upgrading. I've tried waiting for more than 10 minutes but there is never a follow-up dialog. I can back out and it warns the firmware is still being transferred, but I don't think so based on the time required for previous versions.

Any suggestion for how to work through this? My BLE version is downlevel and driver board probably is as well.

Screenshot_20210619-120625.jpg

Screenshot_20210619-121241.jpg

Screenshot_20210619-121252.jpg

Screenshot_20210619-121257.jpg

Screenshot_20210619-121321.jpg

On 6/19/2021 at 9:29 PM, buffs said:

I updated the firmware to 1.2.22 many weeks ago, but for the last month or so I've been getting these 'new firmware detected' messages every time I start the app. If I confirm the install, I get a dialog that indicates 'null V11-firmware' with an option to 'upgrade'. Selecting upgrade momentarily pops up a message that says 'download failed' but the app still thinks it's upgrading. I've tried waiting for more than 10 minutes but there is never a follow-up dialog. I can back out and it warns the firmware is still being transferred, but I don't think so based on the time required for previous versions.

Any suggestion for how to work through this? My BLE version is downlevel and driver board probably is as well.

Unless you absolutely want to upgrade the BLE and the Driver board versions, I would just skip this update.

If you still do want to upgrade, first make sure you have the latest app version. I’d then try going to the settings (from within the app) and try to manually start the FW update. I think the app on Android requires all permissions to be able to update.

If those don’t work, borrow an iPhone from a friend or a family member.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

I get this firmware update on my iphone as a bundle of three (iPhone SE 2020 model, iOS 15.4.1, Inmotion App v7.10.4):

• Main Board: 1.2.22
  • BLE(5.0) Board: 1.3.3
  • Driver Board: 4.1.29

One week ago, I've bricked my V11 trying to install this update (first update from factory was to version 1.2.1, which works fine). The shop owner offered me to come in and swap the wheel for a new one, and hold off the 1.2.22 update until he could confirm with Inmotion that it was safe. I've since gotten his confirmation to go ahead, but the update failed again - and again on updating BLE(5.0) - and another wheel is bricked :(.

So that is a reproducible problem with firmware updates. I've lost the courage to perform any firmware updates by myself, seeing as the shop is > 100 km away.

Apparently, the shop owner has since managed to fix the first wheel, and passed on instructions to do the same for my current wheel:

• Uncouple charger and plug in again after 2 minutes waiting
  • Within 3 minutes of plugging in the charger, connect to the wheel with the Inmotion app

Even though my app can see the wheel in bluetooth, it cannot connect ("Connection failes(2,3,99)"), so I'm still stuck.

To be continued...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dwagelaar said:

and another wheel is bricked :(

That’s just sad, I thought IM had found and fixed the bricking issue. Are you sure you are on the latest version of the IM app?

If you’re using an iPhone, I’ve heard that some people get a much better upgrading experience on an Android. If you can get yourself one, I’d probably first try to upgrade with EUC World.

If you are already on an Android, make sure the app has all permissions, whether you’re using EUCw or the IM app.

21 hours ago, dwagelaar said:

another wheel is bricked :(

Many V11 owners have gone through this path, me included.

There is one clear rule when updating Inmotion V11 firmware - this should never be done with an iPhone. You should always use Android and either the latest Inmotion app or the latest EUC World app. However, if you have already run the Inmotion app on your iPhone and firmware update failed/causing problems with the wheel, remove the Inmotion app from your iPhone and hold down the V11 on / off button for at least 30 seconds to reset the wheel. Get an Android phone (use your current Android device or buy used one - they are so cheap today). Android version should be at least 10, the newer the better. Run the V11 firmware update using either the Inmotion app or the EUC World app. Problems with firmware are gone.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/9/2022 at 6:51 PM, Wolverine said:

You should always use Android and either the latest Inmotion app or the latest EUC World app. 

So true but when updating to the latest app, never forget to restart the phone for the old app remains in memory.

I always turn off bluetooth and location and then remove the old app, restart the pho e and install the new app

• Upvote 1

My previous response appears to be lost, so I'll try again: I managed to (accidentally) fix the firmware update issue by connecting with my iPad (6th gen, iPadOS 15.4.1, same inmotion app version). As soon as the iPad connected to the "bricked" V11, it prompted to resume the firmware update. The iPad managed to finish the update correctly, and the wheel worked again without issues after that!

Note that my iPhone still would not connect until I restarted the iPhone and reset the wheel (hold power button for 30 sec.). In the days following, I've had regular bluetooth connection issues with the iPhone, so definitely something going on with iPhones, bluetooth, and V11's!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dwagelaar said:

My previous response appears to be lost, so I'll try again: I managed to (accidentally) fix the firmware update issue by connecting with my iPad (6th gen, iPadOS 15.4.1, same inmotion app version). As soon as the iPad connected to the "bricked" V11, it prompted to resume the firmware update. The iPad managed to finish the update correctly, and the wheel worked again without issues after that!

Note that my iPhone still would not connect until I restarted the iPhone and reset the wheel (hold power button for 30 sec.). In the days following, I've had regular bluetooth connection issues with the iPhone, so definitely something going on with iPhones, bluetooth, and V11's!

You are not alone, this has happened to many others, me included. That's why it's important that people don't upgrade their V11 unicycle firmware with an iPhone, instead it should be done with android. In some cases, it has been possible to update the V11 firmware with an iPad, but there is also a risk. A risk not worth taking. So please use android to update the V11 firmware.

• Like 1

For a data point to the contrary, I have never restarted my iPhones between or after the Inmotion app upgrades, and only upgraded directly on top of the old one, and always used only iPhones for the FW upgrades, including two beta firmwares. Zero issues.

Upgrading the firmware on Android has reportedly had a spotty success as well. Although I’m not sure if anyone has completely bricked their board on an Android to the point of requiring a new one.

I am always fearful of something going wrong in the update. sorry to those that have had issues.

I was okay,

I opened the app and followed the instruction and all was okay for me.

Im using Iphone 13 pro 

adsl wifi connection 

I did need to pop the wheel on the stand before it would upload.