V11 firmware 1.2.22 available now! (March 29. 2021)

mrelwood

22 minutes ago, Unventor said:

I doubt that will happen. Most products in general have reversing fw update options. This is from the midt set you don't release something that interduce problems but solved problems and add feature.

That is why most Asian companies are slow in releasing fw. Compared to US companies that is fast and then have onterduced more problems, general speaking.

There can be benefits to both ways. I am not judging this. It depends on situations. 

To me it seems like a poor design choice. It can take a good chunk of time to fix and solve a problem. If something whent wrong with a release that rendered a percentage of wheels unrideable, there would be no way to work around it. You would have riders with no way to ride over a software error without the ability to simply revert and fix the issue.  I can understand not making very old firmwares available, but why deny the option to revert to the previous firmware, i see no benefit that outwieghs being able to revert other than saving money on development. 

I doubt that will happen. Most products in general have reversing fw update options. This is from the midt set you don't release something that interduce problems but solved problems and add feature.

That is why most Asian companies are slow in releasing fw. Compared to US companies that is fast and then have onterduced more problems, general speaking.

There can be benefits to both ways. I am not judging this. It depends on situations. 

To me it seems like a poor design choice. It can take a good chunk of time to fix and solve a problem. If something whent wrong with a release that rendered a percentage of wheels unrideable, there would be no way to work around it. You would have riders with no way to ride over a software error without the ability to simply revert and fix the issue.  I can understand not making very old firmwares available, but why deny the option to revert to the previous firmware, i see no benefit that outwieghs being able to revert other than saving money on development. 

4 hours ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

I hope they address the ability to revert firmware at some point. I still have not updated for fear of it causing issues and me not being able to go back to a better working version. I will keep watching to see how this update continues to roll out for people. Perfectly happy with the current performance, no sense in risking an update until all the kinks are fleshed out. 

The new firmware is excellent 

1 minute ago, AtlasP said:

Your 'bronco' can't do 35 mph--even its *hidden* mode maxes out at 34 mph.

In reality with speed correction applied it's barely touching 32mph. :P

On 4/10/2021 at 1:18 AM, mrelwood said:

Someone showed a video on the Inmotion chat of their V11 doing a really wild bucking motion front to back introduced by the fw 1.2.22.

First things to do are of course redo both the motor self-adjustment and the horizontal calibration. If that doesn’t help, try removing the motor self-adjustment altogether. If none of those help, lower the pedal sensitivity if you still have the guts to ride the wheel, and contact your seller.

Do you have a link to the video?

Firmware upgrade went without a hitch so far, after folks on telegram reminded me how to hard reset v11 to unclog BT.  Did motor calibration, going to go on a group ride and see how she fares.

So, first real testride on new firmware since I was waiting to install new 3D printed waterproofing seals.

I have my wheel on fancy mode but it beeps and tiltbacks on 50, wasn't like that before upgrading firmware, what gives?

Fancy mode and 55kmh limit confirmed in app

Commute, 100% pedal sensitivty

Over 80% battery (started tour on 100%)

Tested both with motor calibration and without no difference

Tested removing and re-setting fancy mode

Edited by Rawnei

4 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

So, first real testride on new firmware since I was waiting to install new 3D printed waterproofing seals.

I have my wheel on fancy mode but it beeps and tiltbacks on 50, wasn't like that before upgrading firmware, what gives?

Fancy mode and 55kmh limit confirmed in app

Commute, 100% pedal sensitivty

Over 80% battery (started tour on 100%)

Tested both with motor calibration and without no difference

Tested removing and re-setting fancy mode

Maybe your seal friction limits the speed? Can't think of anything else, mine works like before, even a little better at 55/56kmh

45 minutes ago, Ádám Szitás said:

Maybe your seal friction limits the speed? Can't think of anything else, mine works like before, even a little better at 55/56kmh

I doubt that, seal wont create a lot of friction and speed limit is based on wheel speed not wheel resistance, also a pretty big coincidence that it's limited by the the non-fancy mode speed limit so it seems my wheel is not truly in fancy mode or something else is going on.

@Rawnei

This is a little old information but when I asked about wh/km use IM staff asked if I used iOS or android. This is like 1 months back I had this conversation with IM.

Apparently on iOS it reported this wrong in the app. I don't think it would make a difference in alarms.

But I suggest testing this from an Android app if you can. (I recall from yesterday that you use iOS).

46 minutes ago, Unventor said:

@Rawnei

This is a little old information but when I asked about wh/km use IM staff asked if I used iOS or android. This is like 1 months back I had this conversation with IM.

Apparently on iOS it reported this wrong in the app. I don't think it would make a difference in alarms.

But I suggest testing this from an Android app if you can. (I recall from yesterday that you use iOS).

I'm using EUC World and my reference point is from before updating, with speed correction 8% before I got alert and tiltback on 51kmh (equal to 55kmh non-corrected) now i get it around 46/47kmh (equal to 50kmh non-corrected), so phone and app is the same, firmware is different.

I will test disabling fancy mode and see if the tiltback and alert is unchanged that confirms fancy mode not being in effect.

Edited by Rawnei
  • Like 1

So I did some more tests, disabling fancy mode definitely lowered the threshold for alert and tilt-back so it seems fancy mode is at least working, back to fancy mode enabled it feels a bit inconsistent, sometimes I got alert and tilt-back at 50-52kmh and sometimes at 53-54kmh, I tried figuring out if there is a difference depending on how much I push the wheel but difficult to make conclusions since it's based on subjective feeling, looking at log data also difficult to make conclusions but in general it feels like alert and tilt-back is triggered by something other than actual speed.

My top speed was 54.9kmh (or 50.5kmh with 8% speed corrected) and a power draw of 3377w (45.1A * 74.9V).

9 hours ago, Rawnei said:

it feels like alert and tilt-back is triggered by something other than actual speed.

The power based tilt-back limits got lower with the first fw upgrade (1.1.64?), but I didn’t see them getting j any lower with the new one. Perhaps even the opposite actually.

But when your battery is getting low, the power based limit often hits me before the speed based limit.

Still, you should have no problem reaching 55km/h with a reasonable tire pressure and gentle acceleration.

• Like 1

I was able to test my wheel with lower pedal sensitivity. I went from 100 to 80. At high speeds I could sense the wheel wanting to buck, but it was a very subtle vibration. Seems good to me. If I wasn’t feeling for it I wouldn’t have noticed it.  Seems fine. I’ll test it again at 90% and a full battery tomorrow. 

On 4/12/2021 at 9:32 AM, Rawnei said:

So I did some more tests, disabling fancy mode definitely lowered the threshold for alert and tilt-back so it seems fancy mode is at least working, back to fancy mode enabled it feels a bit inconsistent, sometimes I got alert and tilt-back at 50-52kmh and sometimes at 53-54kmh, I tried figuring out if there is a difference depending on how much I push the wheel but difficult to make conclusions since it's based on subjective feeling, looking at log data also difficult to make conclusions but in general it feels like alert and tilt-back is triggered by something other than actual speed.

My top speed was 54.9kmh (or 50.5kmh with 8% speed corrected) and a power draw of 3377w (45.1A * 74.9V).

Oh man, glad I’m not going crazy. I’ve observed the exact same thing, with old firmware I was able to push right up to the speed limit (55 kmph) before hitting tilt back/alarm.

Now with the new firmware it seems like tilt back and alarm are two separate things, with tilt back being more gradual and subtle, kicking in at about 50 kmph. The tilt back is sometimes so gentle that I’m generally able to keep pushing it to around 52 kmph, but that’s when it starts getting pretty difficult to eke out any more speed.

I’ve also noticed that tilt back is now a function of power and speed, rather than just speed like it was before. If I gradually get to 50, I can get there without tilt back. But if I accelerate hard, I’ll often feel that baby tilt back even at as low as 45. 

I have yet to hear the alarm ring, so I have no idea what they did to it. Maybe it’ll sound at 55, but I actually can’t reach those speeds anymore. That being said, the wheel does feel generally more torquey at the lower speeds. 

On 4/13/2021 at 7:47 PM, Chaotropic said:

I was able to test my wheel with lower pedal sensitivity. I went from 100 to 80. At high speeds I could sense the wheel wanting to buck, but it was a very subtle vibration. Seems good to me. If I wasn’t feeling for it I wouldn’t have noticed it.  Seems fine. I’ll test it again at 90% and a full battery tomorrow. 

Moved it up to 90. The subtle vibration is a bit more noticeable, but it’s almost like another speed alarm. It’s starting to grow on me. I’m going to leave it at 90 and we’ll see what happens. 

Edited by Chaotropic

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, I need your help. 
So, I updated the software for my v11 today, run diagnostics, and the wheel started to tilt forward. When I rebooted it, the problem disappeared for some time but later, when I tried to enable the commuter mode, it tilted again, and I wasn’t able to fix it after that.

I keep getting an error that voltage in batteries is not okay, however, calibration doesn’t help. 

I tried to disconnect batteries, it didn’t help. 

What should I do? Is there a way to hard reset it somehow?