V11 firmware 1.2.22 available now! (March 29. 2021)

mrelwood

Seems this update is not working that well with EUC World anymore, it can connect and read some things but not battery and speed.

3 hours ago, Rawnei said:

Seems this update is not working that well with EUC World anymore, it can connect and read some things but not battery and speed.

EUCWorld's author, Seba, is a V11 owner and generally very quick to update in response to InMotion firmware updates--often same day or within a couple days. (Not that we should expect this of him, my point is simply that this is likely a very short-lived problem.)

• Like 2

Thanks for the update @mrelwood!  I think I may wait a little bit before updating to the new firmware.  Just in case there are little glitches that might pop up unexpectedly. 

I got the notification last night when I finished my ride home from work.  Keep us updated on how it's performing!

• Like 1

Finally, first ride with the fw 1.2.22!

Are my winter legs fooling me or is the V11 Commuter Mode at 100 tighter with the new fw than it was on the fw 1.2.1?? It used to be way too soft for me, but now even 80 feels very very good! I might have to toss the Off-Road mode, at least for a while.

Other than that I’m not sure if I felt any differences, though I only rode for 7km or so. The ride is very smooth, just like it has always been. Pedal dip behavior might be slightly different in medium turns though, but it really is a long time since I’ve last ridden properly. Nearly three months ffs!

• Like 3

The overall stiffness of the new firmware made off-road mode obsolete for me, as I have to decrease the sensitivity to 0% to get a similar feel to my previous 25%-35%.

The downsides of going 0% sensitivity on off-road mode is a noticeable deadzone in the center, which feels like a mechanical "play" and the speed limit drops to 48km/h (instead of 50km/h)

After 1500kms with off-road mode, I decided to give commuter mode another chance and I have to say that it feels great! At 100% it feels similar to 0% off-road.

I tried it at 0% for the fun of it and I have to say that it feels manageable, where on the previous firmware it was way too boat-like. It's shocking how effortless is to reach the max speed at this sensitivity, almost scary! Still not a mode for me though. I have settled at 60% sensitivity for now, but I'm eager to reduce it even more!

Edited by Freestyler
  • Like 3

can we make a petition to bring back the old real soft 0% modes? or to let every sensitivity have the 55kmh max speed? This whole update feels very onedimensional now and these settings lost their value almost completely

16 minutes ago, AtlasP said:

Can someone explain what "off-road mode" and "commuter mode" actually do/mean and how they compare? I still don't think I've seen a satisfactory answer to this.

It means Chinese are terrible at Western marketing and English.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AtlasP said:

Can someone explain what "off-road mode" and "commuter mode" actually do/mean and how they compare? I still don't think I've seen a satisfactory answer to this.

I have not played around with this in new fw ver 1.2.22.

But previously commuter mode had like a "dead" zone as if you might recall from a old analog joystick. This was to keep inaccurate in analog centering from drifting. The benafit of this is it gives you more comfortable ride smoothing out minor bumps or unevenness. It also allows you to bungee acceleration as it take a little to react and then kicks in to capture balance. 

Off-road mode is a bit more stiff or direct feed if you like. It means you apply torque direct without delay.

To both modes you can add or set response or stifness in 0-100 %. This give you as a ride many options to fi d your sweet spot. 

GW rides that like gw pedal feel would normally not like Inmotions algorithm as GW gave 'rock solid stiff pedals" on the other hand once you adjust to IM modes you get a more floating and yet sensation to the ride. It gives you feedback though pedals rather than beeps. 

I hope tjis makes sense. If not fi d a group ride ask swap wheels you will feel it very fast. Adjusting to this takes a little time then it is hard to go back. 

Like @mrelwoodsaid the new fw is pretty great. It give me confidence because I can feel what the wheel is "thinking". So I that don't push speed normally, put in a few rides today like a bat out of hell. @mrelwoodhave seen some ride data from me today. (I am no more cpt slow). But I am also carefully not to ride fast when I am in unfamiliar places and in hard traffic. 

But it was a 5km ride in 9min with 51.6kmh top speed and average speed of 30kmh. Going though 4 roundabouts and 2 traffic lights (stopping for red) in a very hilly area. 

Just chiming in too. Dunno what they did or how they did it, but commuter at 100% used to feel laggy and weird, but now it feels great. 

I’m used to 90% off-road mode, now I’m switching to the same 90% commuter. Feels way easier to accelerate and brake hard.

I’ll try it on trails soon. Really hoping commuter is good on trails as well. I’m  having issues on off-road mode during hill climbing, which has me leaning into my ClarkPads way harder than what seems necessary just to get it to eek out more power. I dunno if they also updated off-road mode, but here’s hoping something will make hill climbing easier.

Edited by Denny Paul
  • Like 2

Did a ride with the new software today and it feels smooth....if you want you can check out the stats: https://euc.world/tour/596777141374243

It seems to me that the motor is smoother then before but i didn't do a calibration....how do you calibrated the motor? Can somebody explain this step by step?

1 hour ago, RobbyCrash said:

how do you calibrated the motor? Can somebody explain this step by step?

- Make sure you have the latest version of the Inmotion app.

- Turn on the V11, and connect with the app.

- Put the V11 on the ground on it’s side.

- In the app, tap the gear in the upper right corner for settings, scroll down to ”Vehicle correction”, select ”Self-adjustment on motor”, tap ”OK” and wait for the calibration to finish.

- While you’re at it, lift the V11 up, pull down the integrated stand, press the handle button to get the wheel leaning on it’s stand, and tap ”Turning and Forwarding Adjustment” at the same parent menu.

• Like 1

Updated my wheel last night!  Feels a little zippier.  I've been riding on Off-Road - Fancier - 100% pedal from the very beginning so doesn't feel drastically different but does feel zippier on take off.  I've noticed there seems to be a small gradual forward pedal dip when going down a gentle slope during a turn that I didn't notice pre-update.  Not sure if all this talk of new performance improvements has got me noticing every imaginable thing whether is actually there or not.  haha  

Has anyone noticed that the "Normal - Fancier" option is no longer in the settings menu of the App after updating the wheel to 1.2.22?  It's a little odd.  When I turn on the wheel and connect to the App first the option its there.  But when I turn on the wheel and connect to the inMotion watch first then switch to the phone app, the option has disappeared.  Thought I was seeing things at first but nope, not there.  I mean, it's not really a crucial thing, the wheel is still set to 55km/h max speed when the option disappears so no biggy but still seems a little odd.  Anyone else notice this? 

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

- In the app, tap the gear in the upper right corner for settings, scroll down to ”Vehicle correction”, select ”Self-adjustment on motor”, tap ”OK” and wait for the calibration to finish.

I had to do it three times before it was successful.  First couple of times it said it failed till I clicked on the "Clear Self-Adjustment etc" below it.  Tried again and went through it all without the "Fail" notice (so... I guess it succeeded?).    

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kamikaze_K said:

there seems to be a small gradual forward pedal dip when going down a gentle slope during a turn that I didn't notice pre-update. 

Did you do the horizontal calibration as well after the firmware update? If not, it could help in case it’s the common pedal do that you were experiencing.

Edited by mrelwood

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

Did you do the horizontal calibration as well after the firmware update? If not, it could help in case it’s the common pedal do that you were experiencing.

Isn't that the "Self-Adjustment on Motor" section?  Had to lay the wheel flat to do that so the wheel could spin forward and back.  Also did the "Turning and Forward Adjustment" too.  

Edited by Kamikaze_K

2 hours ago, Kamikaze_K said:

Isn't that the "Self-Adjustment on Motor" section?  Had to lay the wheel flat to do that so the wheel could spin forward and back.  Also did the "Turning and Forward Adjustment" too.  

”Turning and forwarding adjustment“ is the traditional horizontal calibration that is traditionally recommended after every update. The new firmware introduced the “Self-adjustment on motor” which is just an Inmotion specific feature we know nothing about what it technically does or why it exists, beyond a few educated guesses.

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 1

I did some more tests today and found the following:

With user selected 50km/h max speed limit (fancy mode disabled):

On the previous firmware, with a sensitivity of 35% and above the speed limit will adjusted to 50km/h

At sensitivity 30%-34% the speed limit adjusts to 49km/h.

At sensitivity 29% and below the speed limit adjusts to 48km/h.

The above applies to both off-road & commuter mode.

With the newer firmware you can get 50km/h speed limit with sensitivity all the way down to 0% on off-road mode.

On commuting mode the requirements dropped by 5%, which means that you can now drop to 30% and have a 50km/h speed limit.

I have now chosen 30% commute as my new mode and I will try and get used to it for some weeks.

I have to say that it feels very responsive, connected and the breaking performance is amazing. If I had to describe it with one word, it would be "effortless".

(with the previous firmware I didn't like commuting mode even at 100% sensitivity).

I have tried the sherman in hard mode and latest firmware and that wheel tilts even in hard mode, but it's a delayed tilt which I hate.

It's like the wheel saying "Oh, I see you are accelerating / braking, let me adjust the tilt for you".

Lastly I want to ask you something @houseofjob. I remember reading a post of yours where you claimed that soft mode is safer as far as overleans are concerned, but I don't remember your reasoning. Can you please repeat it?

From my point of view, overleaning the wheel now seems much easier, because accelerating hardly requires any effort. You just do the initial lean and your weight does the rest. On hard mode, accelerating and maintaining a high speed requires effort, you don't go there accidentally.

I feel like I should monitor my speed more closely now, just because it's so easy to extract the power from the wheel.

I have to put a disclaimer here for something that you have not adjusted for: I use power pads, which from what I understand is not something you use in soft mode.

I can just rest my legs on top of the pads and that takes care of the acceleration, without me having to raise my heels.

• Like 3