Vibrator engine

*StateraRotam*

1 hour ago, xiiijojjo said:

If not Bluetooth how is the signal transmitted in your ExoBuzzer? And how secure is the connection between the exobuzzer and receiver compared to Bluetooth? I know of crashes due to lost Bluetooth connection between EUC and EUC world mobile app, if that can also happen to this device it renders it almost as useless as Euc World alarms IMO.

I take it you mean how reliable is the connection. All wireless device can run into problems with interference. I use 433Mhz ASK with a 20bit identifier. I've found it to be as reliable as the two bluetooth connections needed by EUC world when riding in downtown DC.  But its not an all or nothing sort of thing. I ride with my ExoBuzzer, EUC World bluetooth alarms, and the internal buzzer.

EUC World requires two bluetooth connections, one to the wheel, and one to the speaker.

Bluetooth has its share of bugyness. But, for me at least, I've found the Android audio system to be a bit more buggy than bluetooth.  With the wrong app running in the background, I can miss audio alarms or navigation prompts from the GPS navigation.

But audio bugs and RF interference still pale in comparison to human error.  And there are many chances for human error.

I have to remember to charge my phone, and have bluetooth enabled, remember to take my phone off vibrate, and remember to set the volume high enough, and then clip my bluetooth speaker on my backpack, oh wait, where is my backpack?, now turn on the speaker, is the speaker charged (I can't remember), connect the phone to the bluetooth speaker, and start the EUC World app, and finally make sure EUC World connects to my wheel. If I miss a step I can miss an alarm.

Edited by Zombie Batman

15 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

AM I missing something? Wouldnt it just be UBER simple to piggy back the factory beeper? Anytime the wheel beeps, a solenoid vibrates? I'd have to see if the beepers are pcb or wired, but I would think that it could be retro fit on any wheel with a beep. I guess I'll see what I can come up with. I mean hell, if i can get it to work on ANY of the wheels, I would think it would work the same on ALL. Im busy atm, but sounds like a fun project, minimal invest, minimal risk.

Yes! That is exactly what I'm doing. But nothing is ever simple. Be very careful with how many amps you draw. The buzzer is run from a single tiny CPU pin. It can only supply 40mA and many wheels are already drawing very close to the limit with 30mA buzzers!  If you draw too many amps the main board can have a fault and the wheel stops balancing.

Edited by Zombie Batman

1 hour ago, Zombie Batman said:

Any Bluetooth and app based solution can never be faster than a round trip through your phone's bluetooth stack. If you add in a dsd6 (depending on how you implement it) you may even need two round trips through the bluetooth stack before you hear, feel, or see an alarm.

I think I am not explaining it correctly. I am not selling something, and I am not using the phone, I can connect to the wheel directly using a small NFR based device, like the dsd6, it uses BLE in fast mode, 7.5 ms. All you need is free to use on my github, have a look, it will make your project easier I believe. 

i will have a demo tommorow. 

Edited by enaon
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zombie Batman said:

Yes! That is exactly what I'm doing. But nothing is ever simple. Be very careful with how many amps you draw. The buzzer is run from a single tiny CPU pin. It can only supply 40mA and many wheels are already drawing very close to the limit with 30mA buzzers!  If you draw too many amps the main board can have a fault and the wheel stops balancing.

I understand completely and defintely something to be mindful of. I'm thinking that using ANY of the power off the board (aside from triggering), could be a little iffy. The BT solution is very nice for sure!  Nothing is ever as easy as it seems!

• 1 month later...