So excited

Kwing

2 hours ago, NinebotOneUser said:

Maybe just ride along young street from beginning all the eway to downtown Toronto...  plenty of starbucks on the way to charge your battery.. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Colestien, except for the cold months of Dec, Jan, Feb and March should be able to ride the euc rest of the year. Todays temp is only about 5 degree celcius which is warm enough to ride the euc.

Kwing, good idea. Coffee and internet close to the trail for about  1hr  to 1.5hr should have enough for the return trip back.

Another good trail, 9.3km or 18.6km with return trip

https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/43.8121954,-79.0516988/43.8311444,-78.9750115/43.8395891,-78.9663193/@43.8218518,-79.0178937,6050m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!4m1!3e1

Today in central North Carolina we had temperatures in the mid 70's F.  Highly unusual, and it won't last.  But I was able to ride 12.75 miles on a day such as this.  I'll be indoors freezing my tail off next week perhaps.   I can't wait until March comes back around. 

Just out of curiosity what exactly do you wear in cold winter days when riding? All the winter jackets scarf and Beanies sound very top heavy... 

47 minutes ago, NinebotOneUser said:

Colestien, except for the cold months of Dec, Jan, Feb and March should be able to ride the euc rest of the year. Todays temp is only about 5 degree celcius which is warm enough to ride the euc.

Kwing, good idea. Coffee and internet close to the trail for about  1hr  to 1.5hr should have enough for the return trip back.

Another good trail, 9.3km or 18.6km with return trip

https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/43.8121954,-79.0516988/43.8311444,-78.9750115/43.8395891,-78.9663193/@43.8218518,-79.0178937,6050m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!4m1!3e1

Ninebotoneuser take lots of photos the coast ride looks amazing.. I use to live in on Richmond hill and I remember the roads there were amazing. Sydney roads are so torn and tired. Lots of cracks.. i reckon if I can I ride on sydney pavements OK I can ride on any sidewalks 

Kwing, in cold weather days I wore winter coat. I substitute helmet for a winter hat. I can still wear the elbow pads over the coat. I have a bicycle short with bum padding, girdle bum protection on top and regular pant on the outside. Knee protectors, soccer shin guards, soccer ankle guards (if not wearing boots) .. winter steel toe boots with deep freeze protection.

The extra clothing and protection dont bother me, makes the ride more enjoyable.

I am waiting for the ninebot P to arrive in Feb/March time frame. I will take some pictures and post a video on the video thread.

Sidney has some nice coastals, try google earth to find a good trail.

dpong, I will not be riding the euc if the temperature drops below freezing  (32F), do not want to take a chance of getting injured or damaging the battery or euc.

70F is much warmer than up here in Canada, todays temperature was 39F, not unusual to get temperature down to 14F

I didn't take my NineBot with me, but was in South Lake Tahoe today, visiting my youngest daughter, where it was 25F for most of the time I was there.  Lots of snow too, and I'm not ready for that like some of the guys in here.

I'm hoping to ride tomorrow or Monday.  My wife bought me an Action Cam for Christmas so I don't drop my iPhone.  I'm excited to start taking video with it.  Should be around 35-45F most of this week.

6 hours ago, Kwing said:

Is at past cn tower? 

The cn tower is to the east of the start point on the Map. The trail starts about 3 km east of start point near Jarvis. So the trail does pass by the cn tower. Longer trail than anticipated. 12.8km or 26km return trip , revised trip https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/43.6429513,-79.3669281/Martin+Goodman+Trail,+Toronto,+ON/43.6358125,-79.4428055/43.6375183,-79.4592418/43.6311647,-79.4718877/43.6267022,-79.4761067/43.6248745,-79.4768136/43.6238598,-79.4774797/43.6107764,-79.4873354/@43.6348697,-79.4559379,13156m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m16!4m15!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x882b35a535d2704f:0x721ccbf2c5a98364!2m2!1d-79.4288342!2d43.6309496!1m0!1m0!1m0!1m0!1m0!1m0!1m0!3e1?hl=en

SuperSport, I read one of your post earlier, sad story. Accidents of others (car, bicyclist, pedestrian) can cause head injury to euc riders. It is very good idea to wear helmet! Most often accidents are cause by ignorant "OTHERS" in zombie state or just being a prick or psychological problems ... a lot out there.

@Kwing How long you have to wait for the NB1, I got mine sitting on the garage now, been holding myself to ride it, since I'm still learning how to ride with my universal TG. Today is my third lessons, been putting around 5 hours so far, getting there slowly, getting better at turning, but still wobbly at times for unknown reason, even for straight rides. I will try to minimize the crashes first, before trying on the NB1.

Most likely you will ride your NB1 first than me, can you please give us your review, comparing it with the TG.

Thank you, and happy riding, Cheers

Hello Vanquiz,

The distributor says 10 business days I would see it until mid Jan I think...  trust me if you practice lots you will find your balance. Remember to relax and bend your knees..the more tense you are the easier to get unstable.

I so look forward to the new ninebot.. I can only plan 7km trips each time now with my tg.  so frustrating. Also I feel the quality of the tg is quite bad too. 

4 hours ago, Vanquiz said:

I will try to minimize the crashes first, before trying on the NB1.

I am SUPER happy I practiced on the TG before getting my NineBot.  The NineBot is still in excellent condition. ;)  I still like to ride the TG, but there is definitely a noticeable difference. 

58 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

I am SUPER happy I practiced on the TG before getting my NineBot.  The NineBot is still in excellent condition. ;)  I still like to ride the TG, but there is definitely a noticeable difference. 

Apart from the mileage, speed, power, where the most noticeable difference, in stability, wobbling, turning, or something?

39 minutes ago, Vanquiz said:

Apart from the mileage, speed, power, where the most noticeable difference, in stability, wobbling, turning, or something?

For me, the biggest thing is Comfort.  I can ride a LOT longer on the NineBot without my feet or insides of my legs hurting.  The shape is ideal for my size legs and feet.

But yes, All those other things too.  I still say though, for the price, the TG F3 was an awesome deal.  For me, it was $240 Delivered in 3 days.

3 hours ago, Vanquiz said:

I also have both a TG, the T3 model, and Ninebot E+.  Although the Ninebot feels better put together, is smoother, faster, and more comfortable, I will say the TG is more fun to ride because it's smaller, lighter, better in turning, and feels overall more nimble.  I feel more comfortable with the TG in urban situations vs. the NB.  The Ninebot would be better if you like longer cruises and showing off the flashy lights, but if you don't go long distances and just like messing around at the park or in your neighborhood practicing stunts the TG is better for that.  Since it's cheap you don't mind as much if you bash the TG up either. 

1 hour ago, BA-B8 said:

I also have both a TG, the T3 model, and Ninebot E+.  Although the Ninebot feels better put together, is smoother, faster, and more comfortable, I will say the TG is more fun to ride because it's smaller, lighter, better in turning, and feels overall more nimble.  I feel more comfortable with the TG in urban situations vs. the NB.  The Ninebot would be better if you like longer cruises and showing off the flashy lights, but if you don't go long distances and just like messing around at the park or in your neighborhood practicing stunts the TG is better for that.  Since it's cheap you don't mind as much if you bash the TG up either. 

I totally agree...  tg will be it for me when I learn how to ride backwards... 

• 4 months later...

Dayum, just found this thread.  I have a TG T3 and looking to upgrade.  I'm in Aurora, and searched for "toronto" as I love doing trails up here, and want to come down to the city.  I wanted to find some trails downtown where I can recharge every 6km or so.  I never went until it dies yet, so at 6km, I've already been riding for a while and afraid for it to die on me.  

On 12/24/2015 at 0:28 AM, DangerousDick said:

There seems to be some which go quicker than the specifications suggest.  Kind of 'de-restricted' in some ways?

Early reports of the N1O versus the N2O serial numbers weren't conclusive with both showing different maximum speeds.  Of course, it largely depends on the riders weight, the ambient temperatures, ride styles, and in some cases the size of cahooners ;)

Don't think anybody has really got to the bottom of it but there are definitely some E+ models out there which go as fast as the new P model and others (both the ones I've owned) which don't exceed the specified maximums.  I'm 75kg in my 'birthday suit' so nowhere near the 100kg limit but I struggle to get over 13mph for any duration and trying to stay at 12mph on anything other than perfect ground / inclines / wind behind me etc. is proving quite a challenge.

A couple of riders on here actually have two E+'s and ride them both in the same conditions noting positive differences in the units so there's definitely something out there.  The boards should be the same although we've seen V1.3 and V1.3.1 scattered around.  Most likely there'll be subtle differences in the motor efficiencies / power available from manufacturing tolerances which give the reported results.  I'm more than happy with mine as it does what it promised 'on paper' :D You'll only know which one you have when you break it out of the box and ride it around.

Hoping we get to a few 'meets' next year to ride with others on similar units to see for ourselves what we have?

Can confirm. I have two e+ units and one definitely clips me a mph or two sooner.. my faster one allows me to easily average high 12s (mph) for avg speed over longer distances. 

• 4 weeks later...

I like pushing the limits of my 9bot 1E+ and the fastest I've been able to go (and get a screen shot) has been 26.3 km/hr.  I feel quite safe at the higher speeds cuz I'm always aware of what's ahead and always feel like I'm in complete control - I plan to get a GotWay MSuper 3 when they are available - it has an 18" wheel, can go up to 45 km/hr and a distance of more than 60 km/ charge. I'll also be investing in a helmet and gloves!

IMG_3512.jpg

7 hours ago, Nuo Meng said:

I like pushing the limits of my 9bot 1E+ and the fastest I've been able to go (and get a screen shot) has been 26.3 km/hr.  I feel quite safe at the higher speeds cuz I'm always aware of what's ahead and always feel like I'm in complete control - I plan to get a GotWay MSuper 3 when they are available - it has an 18" wheel, can go up to 45 km/hr and a distance of more than 60 km/ charge. I'll also be investing in a helmet and gloves!

That is FAST.  My best is 15.1 MPH or 24.3 KM/Hr.  I can hit it regularly if wanted.

Also, for the record, if you come off at 26.3, you will wish you already had that helmet and gloves...  Be careful.

20160522_170929000_iOS.png

Archived