All of My Expensive Items Cause Me Pain

gon2fast

House = broken foot/several burns and shocks / broken checking account

Car(s) = broken finger & several burns

Motorcycle = broken fingers, wrist, foot

Bike(s) = broken wrists, ribs, ankle

Wheel(s) = broken arm, wrist, leg_hip / broken savings account

Not going to go into my skating and snowboarding history LOL.

• Like 1

I love that the universe is saying “you might want to think seriously about not doing that stuff anymore”, and you keep on having fun. Nicely played.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1

When you play hard, you pay various prices. I can't name a single 'toy' of mine that hasnt injured me somehow. I like to think its part of the price of admission for really LIVING your life. View it as a badge of honor. Those that do, get hurt. Those that don't....  get bored.

fwiw, I owe a broken foot and odd toe angle to working on my house. Tis a good thing I have the required homeowners insurance that will NEVER pay me anything. Us lucky owners get insured with exclusions for everything that could happen.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

On 3/28/2021 at 1:11 AM, ShanesPlanet said:

Us lucky owners get insured with exclusions for everything that could happen.

I just reviewed a list of things not commonly covered by home owners insurance and it is alarming. It is more to the tune of liability insurance at best. My wife pays for that so I am not going to worry as she is far smarter than I and most likely has it covered.

On 3/27/2021 at 8:51 AM, Tawpie said:

I love that the universe is saying “you might want to think seriously about not doing that stuff anymore”, and you keep on having fun. Nicely played.

When I broke my arm in 2019 my boss asked me if I was over it now that I wrecked myself... Hard NO.

• Like 2

On 3/27/2021 at 8:42 AM, scubadragosan said:

BUT...You have a Veteran Sherman!

The Sherman has tweaked my back/hips*, given me multiple lacerations and is still my favorite wheel! And those low pedals have taken me out multiple times LOL. Come to think of it I have crashed a lot over the past year.  

* I made the mistake of trying to see if the Sherman could compete with my MSP HT on my favorite trails. Problem was that I needed to cross some creeks on wet rocks and get over fences. No central handle and my seat is taped to the rear roll bar... was not pleasant and I paid the price for it LOL. 

Probably falls into the house category, but shot myself in the foot with one of my rifles as well... while on the phone with work on call!

"i merged the study into the wrong patient's account and can't find it now;

WHAT.BAM.CHITFUCCHIT. let me call you back in a second "

Edited by gon2fast
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, gon2fast said:

Probably falls into the house category, but shot myself in the foot with one of my rifles as well... while on the phone with work on call!

Total fail. You arent supposed to accidently shoot anything. Cool points are only rewarded if you say "i shot myself in the foot, just to see how it felt". I'm sorry but we're gna have to bust you back down a few levels. At this rate, you may not get high score before they shut down the arcade of life....  Nope, no 3 letters on the scoreboard for you!:eff04a58a6:  Was it considered a work related injury?

Cell phones are evil. They con people into thinking they can do more than one thing safely at a time. At least you werent driving a 3,000lb 70mph steel cage...

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1